Ratings for Dr. Jason Unger

Dr Unger was one of the best doctors I have ever had for my family. We moved to Peace River when my daughter was 6 weeks old and had just had a hip dysplasia. We had to find a doctor to do a medical for her to full fill the requirements for a MRI. His clinic squeezed us in not only as new patients, but also for this medical. He was full with patients but still took our family on. His nurse Shelley was amazing any time we needed to see him. He was very thorough for the first few weeks of my etopic pregnancy to get all the tests done and through the surgery, then was amazing during the pregnancy and birth of my son. I was sad to leave Peace River and lose him as a doctor, and felt even worse for the patients he had there after he left. Peace River lost an amazing doctor, man and his family!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Dr. Jason Unger, you will be missed. I know I will never find another Dr. of the same caliber. He goes to what ever length is needed to ensure his patients have received the right diagnosis and treatment. We had a tragic incident and I phoned him in the midst of that day and he agreed to meet us whenever we were done with all the preliminaries of the situation. Does care about every patient and their family members always asking about them. Great sense of humor. I can't believe we are losing him. I understand why but wish it were not so. Goodbye Dr. Unger. Your new patients will be very blessed to have you as their Doctor.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2012

Dr.unger has been so awsome to my family he is very knowlegable and goes out of his way to help and make sure your needs are met. if he is unsure of somthing he will find the answers you need. he and his nurse Shelly have just been wonderful to deal with! Love them Bolth!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2012

he is amazing so caring and so helpful not pushy at all just suppoting and really does care.... And makes labour a breeze! his nurse shelly is the best too if u need to see him or help she will make it happen! best dr i hae ever had.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

AMAZING Physician! The best I have ever encountered! I had the pleasure of seeing him in the ER for a cut that needed stitches. He was thorough...going so far as to make sure I was up to date with my shots and even called me a few days later at home to see how I was doing. Peace River seems to be a pretty busy place and never before did I have a doc who CALLED me to see how I was! This man is a caring and compassionate person who is GENUINELY concerned for the people he treats.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

He was very compassionate and went out of his way when I miscarried twins at 12 weeks. He met my husband and I at the hospital after our ultrasound revealed that the babies had died, which took him away from his family at supper time. He then stayed with us until we were ready to go home, and saw me numerous times in the following weeks when I had complications arising from the D&C. He was always willing to talk, to explain and to ensure that things were healing well. We are so grateful to have him as our family doctor.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010

Good doctor, we have seen him as a walk-in a few times and he seems caring and knowledgeable. My only beef with him is that I want him to accept myself and my family as his patients!! Unfortunately he is not accepting new patients, I wish he could be our family doctor.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

My daughter and myself were in a quadding accident and ended up in the emergency room with a concussion (me) and a broken arm (daughter) and this was the first time we had seen Dr. Unger,he was beyong amazing. He wasn't sure about her arm so he immediately referred her to a specialist just to make sure and we were very grateful. Excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

Dr Unger delivered my baby in March 2009 and stayed at the hospital mass overtime, to ensure he could deliver my little girl. Most doctors would have just gone home... He was so reassuring and encouraging during my labour and accepted me and my baby as a permanent patient of his. I know that my baby will receive great care in her future, Im soo pleased with this doctor, best Ive ever had!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009

Dr.Unger is a thorough physician.He saw me in ER for serious complications of pregnancy and went out of his way to help me.He even called up my family physician to ask how I was doing.He treated me with atmost care and compassion..No more words to describe such a great physician and wonderful humanbeing....

flag | Submitted February 4, 2009