Ratings for Dr. Rex Garrett

He and his receptionist (who I believe is his sister) are friendly but the wait time is usually over an hour. He spends very little time with patients so must be overbooked, which to me is a warning sign. Despite his decent bedside manners, he really doesn't seem to know much unless it involves prescribing pills (and lots of them). He is moderately helpful but tends to believe in the band-aid fix (mask over the problem with painkillers etc) rather than trying to get down to what's causing the problem in the first place. He also misdiagnosed me once, and I had years of problems because of his mistake. Nice guy, good manners, but not very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

I've had Dr.Garrett for 21 years, and I never feel comfortable going there,I feel hes looking down his nose at me. I've told him many times about issues I have with my back and he just fluffs it off. The receptionist was asking me symptoms and if I had any ideas on what could be the problem, and when I told her about cases/diagnosis' similar to mine on the internet, she just looked at me and said "ya..people convince themselves they have something wrong with them when they read it on the internet" I just thought it was unprofessional. I am currently looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Doctor Garrett has been my Doctor for 30 year and has always helped me and Kay as always tryed to fit me in if I had a sudden problem I hope they keep at it for many years to come

flag | Submitted July 9, 2010

Dr. Garrett has been my family dr for 35 years and I will be very disappointed when he retires. He is quick to refer his patients to specialists when necessary and cares greatly about the overall health of his patients, not just the physical complaints the patient might have. He is caring, compassionate, kind and loyal. He will be greatly missed when he retires.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2010

I remember the day Rex walked into my hospital room after the delivery of my first child in 1975. He was new on the job and so was I, now many years later I having nothing but the greatest respect for a wonderful man and a very kind,compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. He has guided our family through many crisis' and has never, ever failed us in any way! I can't even imagine the day that he and Kay finally decide it is time to get a life of their own! A sad day for everyone, especially the medical profession. Waiting the extra time is worth it.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2010

Rex has been my doctor for over 30years. I have found him to be down to earth and very helpful in all medical situations. He is a very competent family doctor that will defer to other doctor's disciplines when required. I really appreciate this trait.He has been the family doctor for my wife(greater than 30years) and my 3 children until maturity. They still consider him their Doctor even though they are out of town. Doctor Garrett has given a lifetime of sound, caring medical service to me and my family for over 30 years with no complaints only our praise. I see his full waiting room and realize many in this community also owe him a debt of gratitude for his service to them. Doctor Garrett is highly competent at what he does and genuinely cares for his patients. What more could you ask for in a doctor???

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010

I asked Dr Garrett to be my family physician back in 1974. As a nurse working at SGH I had occasion to watch all the family physicians attending their patients. I found Rex to be the most caring and self-less of all the doctors. I've been with him ever since and never regretted one second. I too am concerned about losing him when he retires. Kay is a wonderful, kind person and always has a smile ready for you! thanks to you both for your years of service to me and my family and the community.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2009

Always takes the time to listen to your problems Follow up is excellent

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

Dr.Garrett was my physician in the 70's. He was punctual, attentive and professional. On a side point, when I delivered my son at Sarnia General all the ladies in my ward were alert to be in their beds when he visited me because he was the most handsome doctor. I named my son Garrett James after Dr. Garrett.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

Great Doctor. Has certainly helped me out.I have a rare disease that he has payed very special attention to. Can't say enough about him! Fantastic guy. I love talkin' about the Leafs to him!!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2008