Ratings for Dr. Raymond R. Zhou

DO NOT GO TO THIS OFFICE/DOCTOR!!! I WALKED OUT DURING APPT. I just left my physical before the nurse could do my blood work because of how unprofessional and disgusting my appointment was. Highlights: no one ever put me in for my appointment. They had my name in the system but were confused because someone "forgot" to put me in for an appointment. I waited for 45 minutes in a dirty office (needles coming out of throw away box, sticky foldable chairs) while nurses came in and out of the room looking lost and confused. No one seemed to know I was even there or had an idea what I was there for after I had already given them all my paper work and told them! One of the nurses assumed I was there for strep when I was there for an ear infection and physical. When the doctor finally came in you could tell he was in a hurry. After asking me a question I would answer but during my answer he would talk to the nurse on how to use the computer!!!! He was training a nurse and not even paying attention to what I was saying! So he kept reasking the same questions and wouldn't allow me to expand on my symptoms at all. On three separate occasions the phone rang in my room and he ANSWERED AND SPOKE WITH OTHER PATIENTS. Not only was this extremely uncomfortable, a waste of my time, BUT UNETHICAL! I was hearing all of other patients information and health problems! This is my INITIAL APPOINTMENT. This was NOT A FULL PHYSICAL. He patted me down, (touched my shoulders) looked in my ear, talked about paperwork with the "nurse" and then said I would have my "review of blood work appointment" in a month! Before a "nurse" could come in I decided I had had enough and needed to leave. I felt uncomfortable, confused, anxious, unheard, and violated. The nurses knew I was leaving and I explained how I felt this meeting was extremely unprofessional and I wasn't comfortable. No one apologized. The nurse just rolled her eyes and said "okay I'll cancel your next appointment."

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

I had my anual physical exam there last year. He asked me to come to his office five or six times. Each time to discuss one single thing and revisit to discuss the test result again instead calling me on phone, not as other doc usual do. In this way, he can charge your insurance more. He played this trick all the time. It is not the way a good doc should do. Finally I refused to go back to his office any more.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

I was seen in early September for severe back pain and recommended for an MRI (reluctantly). This doctor talks a lot about insurance and what they won't cover. He finally authorized it. It was my first visit and he spent most of the time on the computer and not much time with me but that was that. I had the MRI and 2 surgical consults and all results were sent to him and surgery was recommended due to multiple herniated discs. I was a week away from surgery and needed a few days of muscle relaxants to help get me through the pain until my surgery. He had seen me 3 weeks earlier and had received all reports and knew it was medicine for only a few days. He refused unless I came in. I was 2 hours away and could not get there before he closed for the weekend, which I explained. They offered me appointments on Monday and Tuesday which I could not make , so I had to wait IN PAIN until Wednesday. I was not seeking narcotics, simply muscle relaxants. I called him back to discuss it and left a message at 3:00 PM on Friday. He closes at 5:00 and left for the weekend and never returned the call. That is his standard of care for patients in pain. Avoid this doctor; he won't help you and his staff is nasty.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

The staffs are friendly. Dr. Zhou spends time to explain my medical conditions in details. He is very knowledgeable and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

Very poor service from staff. Doctor himself does not spend enough time to diagnose the patient. Not even read patient's medical before enter the room to see patient.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009

Dr. Raymond R. Zhou's Credentials

• French

• Fujian Med Coll, Fuzhou, Fujian Prov, China (242-33 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1984)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Shrewsbury, MA