Ratings for Dr. Ronald Cridland

Untrained front desk staff. Arrogant, rude Dr.s. Feels like a slave barn.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Staff and clinic overall were excellent and equipment prices very good. Dr Cridland, however was highly condescending and dismissive, rude and incorrect in his assumptions.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Worst experience I've ever had with a doctor. Arrogantly dismissed me when I had a question. I saw another doctor and asked the same question; I was correct. There are better sleep clinic options. Go find one.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

He was so distracted while interviewing me - he was printing something that didn't work out and said the "F....!" word. He also told me sleep has nothing to do with Fibromyalgia, which is incorrect. Made me want to just get out of there.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Some doctors are good at what they do but don't always relate so well to everyone. I've found Dr. Cridland to be very knowledgeable, caring and experienced. He's helped me understand and not seemed so rushed - as is happening in so many other fields of medicine. He appears quite passionate about sleep and appears more concerned about getting proper patient care rather than just getting through his list of patients. I know what people mean about seeming arrogant, I don't think he is but this might be the price we pay for a real expert who cares more about sincerity than appearances. He seems to be very focussed and after all he's very experienced and highly trained, so maybe he's not backwards in telling it as it is. My experience is that his office is great, modern, well kept and clean and his staff very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I relate with so many posts below. Yes, he is arrogant, he was not very punctual and all round not very helpful. The diagnosis for my sleep disorder was essentially "unknown", but here take these pills. I did have a follow up sometime later and told them i had overhauled my diet. I explained that ive experienced positive results and had been off the meds for a while. I was told that they never heard of diet change helping with this and warned about the liability of me driving and not taking the medication. I am not happy taking pills, however, if you enjoy having pills pushed on you, then by all means, go to this place. I have also had little to no support from the office staff when the pharmacy needed information from them. Just an all round bad experience and i wish i never went looking for help.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

I have had sleep troubles for years. I didn't know there was a place that could help me until I saw my own doctor. I called and spoke to the receptionist, and was told that I needed to complete a questionnaire before my first appointment. Most of the questions related to me. When I arrived, I didn't even get a chance to sit down, First doctor's office I've been to that respects your time. Had a lot of questions answer by the sleep doctor. I believe this is a classy, dedicated office. From the receptionists, to the sleep techs, to the care given by the doctor. People write things on here because they are just grouchy anyway. If someone is a truck driver, and isn't safe to drive, it's up to somebody to ensure you are safe. My niece was killed because of a person that slipped through the system and fell asleep while driving. Driving is a privilege, not your right. Putting other people at risk because you think of yourself only shouldn't be everyone else's problem. We visit my niece's grave regularly, that is all we have left because of selfish people like you. Get treatment, suck it up, and be an asset to society, not a drain. I was treated with kindness and respect, and offered treatment option that work for me at this office, by every staff member I encounter. Don't let negative people that complain here, and in probably everything in their life, affect your decision to be seen at the Kelowna Sleep Clinic. I've only have positive things to say.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

I have severe insomnia; to the point of suicide. I had a long document to fill out, the day of my consult 2 hour drive, I had not slept so called. I asked why I could not just use this document to replace my consult and just have the study. She was rude and abrasive and said nope, that i could send in the document but it will fall on deaf ears. Weeks later that being today i felt well enough to come in and drive 2 hours..I was turned away. You are ignorant people and you show zero compassion, you should not be in any medical profession and I am appalled and saddened by your behaviour. By seeing this and reading the reviews thankfully I am not the only one that sees it the same. Karma.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

In 2013 this man reportedly billed BC medical over 1.8 million dollars for his services. His profile says his clinic is publicly funded. Google his name if you want to confirm.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

An arrogant and manipulative man. If you are willing to jump through all his hoops then he is the benevolent care giver, but if you do not agree with his assessment and recommendations, then look out. He is big with threats and will use his position to make life miserable for those he feels are not "complying", and that includes trying to get your driver's license suspended.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015