Ratings for Dr. Daniel B. Jones

At frist when i meet dr jones i was a bit truned off by him he spent 5 mins with me becuse he had spent an hour with the person before me and had his fellow see me. He did my Lap-Band and at my surgery he did come over and talk to me and assured me i would ne okay. In the Hospital i saw him every day however he would say one thing ask for them to be carryed out they never get carryed out and he never would go back to cheek . However when i when i had complations at home he quickly knew what was wrong and was nice about it

flag | Submitted May 5, 2012

Dr. Jones is a VERY smart man and knowledgeable surgeon.I did not choose him myself as I had emergency surgery.However I feel extremely lucky to have had him do my surgery.I owe him a great deal of gratitude,for I believe if it were not for him and the staff at Beth Israel(Particularly Farr 9)and the young fellows that trained under him (that gave me great emotional support,as well) I don't believe I would be here today.Dr. Jones doesn't always have the best bedside manner,until you get to know him (speaking your mind helps. LOL) Then we found a place where we could respect eachother and smile and laugh.He IS all business...but don't you want someone like that when your life is in their hands? Thank you DR. Jones.I am forever grateful.M.E.W. Cape Cod

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

I have had multiple surgeries with him. I used to think he was great because he was smiling all the time and friendly but he had gone down hill a lot. I am annoyed with his office as they really don't get bipass or lapband patients and he is just too busy for to see me. I have had major complications and he is not helpful at all.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

Dr. Jones has operated on me twice. The first surgery was in 2008 and was open RNY gastric bypass. Due to the support and education offered by Dr. Jones and his team, I have been able to loose 230 pounds and am much happier and healthier as a result. In 2009 he repaired a large, complicated hernia and I have enjoyed good results from that procedure as well. In both cases I have found Dr. Jones and his staff to be skilled, responsive and attentive. In addition, I experienced complications with each procedure which he and his staff were sucessful in treating as well. I would recommend him without reservation for both weight loss surgery and general surgery.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2010

Dr. Jones performed a gastric bypass which for unknown reasons is not resulting in malabsorption or weight loss. He is an extremely arrogant doctor and does not know his patients - even after surgery. Every time I see him, he has to see what operation he performed on me! I saw him only once post-surgery in the hospital, even though I had complications. He is always late and rushes through appointments. I would not recommend Dr. Jones to anyone who needs a doctor that is willing to spend time with them.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

Gastric Bypass - Extremely good, no complications. Daily visits in hospital, caring, good humor, easy going, great surgeon. Minimal scaring and quick recovery.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2009

MD is busy but technically very good. Office staff leave a lot to be desired. They move you through like cattle. Orientations stress "respect for the patient" but in actuality service is quite poor!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2008

Busy and focused, but caring. Dr. Jones removed my gallbladder and 4 years later, performed a gastric bypass.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2008

damaged my spleen during surgery/1999.refused to correct the damage.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2007

Dr. Daniel B. Jones's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1990)

MSP/BC Med