Ratings for Dr. Roseanne C. LaBarre

I left without being seen after waiting 30 minutes, no one came in to let me know when the doc would be in. As I was leaving the doctor asked me, "are you leaving?" I replied, "yes". And she stated, "okay. Goodbye." She was just chatting with her nurse in the front office. Arrogant person. Should have read the reviews before choosing her. There is a definate reason why she is open for new patients.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

She is extremely thorough & knowledgable. In order to maintain any ongoing prescription you are required to return to the office every 3 months for a checkup which if you have a job can be difficult to accommodate since the office doesn't run on time. She is very proactive & addresses health issues promptly. I do feel very confident in her care. She does try and ensure reimbursement as another reviewer mentioned, but I can't fault her for trying to get paid for her work. Too many good dr's won't stay in primary care due to it. She spends plenty of time with her patient's which is a rarity these days.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2010

Always have to wait at least an hour after your scheduled appointment time. But she's very knowledgeable and listens to get to the root of the problem.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

I found the Dr to be very knowledgable and helpful, however I left her practice after my second appointment where I had to wait over an hour after my scheduled time to see her. Also I called her when I was sick once and she would not even talk to me because I was due for my physical the month before (my appointment was 2 weeks later which I explained to her) but she wouldn't talk to me about my illness because the last physical I had was more than 12 months before. If you have a reason to go more often than for your yearly physical, and you can wait, her knowledge and helpfulness may outweigh the problems.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I left Dr. LaBarre's practice after a couple of years. Although very intelligent, I do not agree with the way she runs her practice. She nickels and dimes her patients. She charges the patient per prescription she writes (it is a couple of dollars per Rx) but it is the principle that matters to me. She also does not call in or fax the prescription(s) to the pharmacy. The patient must pick it up from the office and bring it to the pharmacy. This is extremely inconvenient as I (like most people) have to leave work to go to her office to pick it up. By doing so, she does not get "paid" for the prescription she writes. She was also fairly quick to prescibe drugs. She overreacts and wanted me (as well as others I know) to keep returning to the office every three months for blood pressure checks. She does not believe in white coat syndrome (blood pressure going up in a doctor's office due to anxiety). I got the feeling that her finances were more important than hy health and well being.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

Dr. Roseanne C. LaBarre's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)