Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ivan Aksentijevich

Dr. Ivan Aksentijevich, provided me with the answers to my diagnosis (NHL-Lymphoma) and there were many-questions. I was at the right place with the worst problem-cancer. I am very thankful for the care I received during the chemotherapy. The skilled nursing heard my concerns and made adjustments to manage the treatments. I am very pleased I came to the Virginia Cancer Center when I received news of my cancer. As my care continues, I most appreciative of all those at the center who provide care to those in need of special people with special skills. Thank you.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2019

Dr Aksentijevich and his staff were totally professional and caring. A special shout out to Gabrilella who combines skill and kindness.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2019

Dr. Aksentijevich provided excellent care to determine my health issue, and although my lab tests turned out to be normal, he expressed concern about my diagnosis which he passed back to my primary care doctor. I highly recommend Dr A.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2019

Dr. Aksentijevich has taken excellent care of me for the 12 months since my cancer diagnosis. I am blessed to have had him to help save my life. He has been the best at explaining all my options and providing me with amazing care. He always takes the time to hear all my needs and listens to me with passionate ears. His dedication to meeting my needs is well above five stars. The staff here is beyond awesome. They have made my experience as easy and as painless as possible. Good job!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2019

Dr. Aksentijevich and his staff are the greatest! Blood work is done well, visit with Dr. A is always a pleasure especially with the on the spot review of the blood analysis and guidance, the infusion is handled in a most professional manner and care is taken to make sure I am comfortable, too.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2019

The staff is top notch. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest, Dr. Aksentijevich rates a 12. He's incredibly knowledgeable and takes the time to explain the lab results. He's a gem and I look forward to talking with him at each office visit.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2019

Dr. Ivan Aksentijevich's response
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience! We are so glad that our team was able to provide you compassionate care and service during this difficult time. It means so much to hear from our patients and to know that we have made a difference for you. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do for you in the future.

Submitted January 14, 2019

The best caring Dr. not only he is knowledgeable but also he takes his time to understand his patient

flag | Submitted January 7, 2019

Dr. Ivan Aksentijevich's response
We are happy to hear you had such a positive experience with Dr. A. We are glad to have been able to support you in your fight against cancer.

Submitted January 14, 2019

Love the office and the staff are super friendly! Dr. A...as we call him...is the BEST!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2018

Submitted January 14, 2019

Dr. A. Has provided great care for me for more than six years. He knows I like information and always answers questions and thoroughly explains recommended treatment . I am grateful for the care he provides, his knowledge and especially his knowledge and concern about my health.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2018

Dr. Ivan Aksentijevich's response
We are happy to hear you had such a positive experience with Dr. A. We are glad to have been able to support you in your fight against cancer and wish you continued health.

Dr. Ivan Aksentijevich's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

After working as a research scientist at the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, MD, Dr. Aksentijevich completed a 3-year residency program in Internal Medicine, followed by a 3-year fellowship in Medical Oncology and Hematology. He has been in private practice with the Virginia Cancer Specialists for more than 12 years. At the National Cancer Institute, his area of research focused on malignant hematology. This interest continued during his training at Johns Hopkins University where he cared for patients afflicted with various types of lymphomas, myelomas, leukemias and other malignant hematologic disorders. He was involved in several studies and published many articles in peered-reviewed journals. Dr. Ivan Aksentijevich is board certified in both Medical Oncology and Hematology. He is the current chair of the department of Medicine, the chair of the Cancer Committee and the Director of the Blood Bank Committee, all at Alexandria Hospital.

• Bosnian
  • Croatian
  • French
  • Serbian

• University of Belgrade (Grad. 1986)

UnitedHealthcare