You may also like

Rate Dr. Carl Cummings

Dr. Carl Cummings's Ratings

Dr. Cummings is probably knowledgeable, but often will go on at length—he talks more than he listens, and the result is that his answers can be tangential and he can seem dismissive of parents' concerns. He's stubborn, too, so if he thinks he's right about something, he'll refuse to refer to a specialist, or follow up. He is very sweet with the children, which is nice: caregiver rather than clinician. His nurse is a bit abrupt, and his wife/medical assistant suffers from delusions of grandeur. It's always easy to be seen, and the morning call-in option u s excellent. More doctors should adopt this type of office consult structure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2827176].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr Cummings is very competent. He demonstrates excellent command of his metier. Also, he never rushes you out of his office. The office is a well-oiled machine. They have a good system for handling emergencies which works very well. The secretary and Mrs Cummings (who works as a sort of office manager) are very friendly and helpful. Nothing is perfect, and in this case, the weak link is the nurse who is not very gentle with kids. But if you are lucky enough to have Dr Cummings as your child's doctor, this is a small price to pay.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2806468].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Dr. Cummings is awesome! He is always calm, caring and helpful, even when his staff and waiting room aren't.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2784492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Dr Cummings is an exceptional doctor! He always respects his appointments, he always keep room in his Schedule for emergencies. And when you see him, he always gives you his full attention and all the time you need to answer questions. He is also very up to date with the latest studies. He is truly a gem of a doctor who very evident;ly loves what he does. The only ngative thing I would say is that his nurse isn't friendly. But honestly, he is a true doctor who is there for his patients, and not for money like unfortunately many doctors today. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2724084].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2015

i can't for the life of me understand how anyone can have a single negative comment about this doctor or his staff. Dr Cummings and the team are amongst the most genuinely caring & trustworthy people that I have ever met. Dr Cummings has a very reassuring nature, and consistently takes the time necessary to fully address any cocnerns. Checkups are thorough and he makes quite the effort ensuring you are aware of upcoming milestones and expectations. In addition, and what I believe is a rare gem nowadays, Dr Cummings will take emergency phone calls daily from 7:30 to 8:15. In the event an emergency visit is needed, Dr Cummungs always leaves a few slots available during the day so that your child can be seen; thereby aleviating a huge stress when dealing with a sick child. I can't imagine how I would ever get by without this fantastic pediatrician overseeing my daughter's growing up stage. My only wish is that this doctor remains in practice until my daughter is offcially an adult

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2580572].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

Now that he has moved to the Decarie Square office things are much better. The staff is much better, more punctual, cleaner and larger waiting area, lots of available seating. Much easier to get through to office by phone - I used to spend a whole day calling at the old office (secretary had lots of personal calls). I love that he accepts early morning calls - can sometimes deal with situation without an appt. I also appreciate that he is part of the Block B Clinic at the JGH - anything to avoid emergency room visits. With 2 boys with ADHD we see him every 3-6 mos for monitoring. He always listens to my parental concerns - never dismissive. He has been my boys' pediatrician since birth. Most importantly, my children feel comfortable with him. As they approach their teens I'm confident that they will feel free to discuss increasingly personal issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1472774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

I feel very comfortable asking the doctor anything. He is very kind with my child and I do not feel rushed. The support staff of his ...whew.. I wish they were a little more friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1472773].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2010

I agree with others here that his wife is extremely rude and thinks she has all the answers. The nurse traumatized my child by jabbing the vaccination needle in so hard and suddenly that it left a huge bruise. After that, my child would cry hysterically when we went into doctors offices. The Dr. himself is fairly knowledgeable but isn't into developmental milestones and we've also noted that he doesn't seem to wash his hands between patients. We find that he sometimes minimizes parental concerns. But the morning calls have saved us many steps. There's always a tradeoff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1472772].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

I find that dr cumming himself is a good doctor and he does give good advice,and take the time to listen and help out with parents questions the best way possible,,but as everyone said his wife and staff is very rude and dont know at all how to treat people with respect,I find that they should take a course how to be among people (humans) because I find that they act like animals towads humans,some animals have better people skills than they do..I think they sits there just waiting to attack you,especially if they're in a bad mood,god help you..I recommend Dr cumming anytime .just not his staff...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1472771].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2009

this is the best dr. you could ever ask for. he takes the time to answer all your questions, never rushing you off. fantastic with kids! i don't know of any other dr. that takes calls at home. we love you dr.cummings. the staff on the other hand need to improve their people skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1472770].votes_count ]]