Ratings for Dr. Bridget R. Briggs

I wouldn't go anywhere else. Dr. Briggs has helped me out tremendously with my help. I trust her with my life.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Dr Briggs your staff is the problem!!! Have someone you know call in and listen to the length of wait time, the inconsistency in info given to patients and the times when the phones r not available due to Early Lunches???

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

About 5 years ago, I saw Dr. Briggs with symptoms: cough, chest heaviness, shortness of breath, couldn't get enough air, achy all over, and fatigue beyond comprehension. She was very friendly and personable. I left with a bag full of medication samples and scrips to treat fibromyalgia. With an unsettled spirit, and feeling no relief two days later, I went to A+ Urgent care on Kalmia. I didn't have fibromyalgia, I had pneumonia. Five years later, I still don't have fibromyalgia. Why did this happen? My conclusion: the visit was rushed. Very busy office that felt like a cattle call. I had given a concern to the MA to put in Dr. notes to make sure I did not forget to ask Dr. Briggs about. Well... I forgot, and not noticed by Dr. in the notes, was left unaddressed. After Dr. Briggs left the room and the MA was clearing the room, I remembered and asked again. MA said, SORRY - it's too late to ask Dr. Briggs, she is already with another patient, you will need to make another appointment to address your concern(s). While Dr. Briggs' was very nice, this experience was not. I have carried this experience around with me for years - it is time to let it go! I am hoping improvements will come from sharing it.... God bless =)

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Dr. Briggs is thorough, informative and as close to a Dr. House as I've ever seen. She is intent on getting to the root of the problem and not just throwing the latest drug at you. Her office is extremely busy and there can be a wait for an appointment which tells me that she is working as hard as possible to help as many as possible.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

My husband was recommended to see Dr. Briggs, when he was found to have cancer. It took a long time to get an appt. She had him on a special diet, lots of vitamins. he started losing weight, and she indicated it was the cancer taking over. He lost faith in her, when every time he called the office, he got a recording, he left a message each time and never got a call back to schedule an appt. Then he sent an email ( only 1 question allowed ) and never got a response. If no one will take calls or answer calls how do you get to see the Dr. His health was getting worse, so he went to a onocologist for his cancer. How can a Dr. run an office in this manner--no return calls. Maybe they found they shouldn't be treating cancer and using supplements for treatment. It is against the law for a Dr. in California to treat cancer with anything but the cancer treatment protocols- Chemo, radiation, surgery, stem cell transplants.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

Communication is poor. There is a new rule Dr. Briggs will only talk about three issues per visit which the patient must write down in advance. My patient plan was inaccurate and I had a painful reaction to taking too much of one of her supplements. I'm beginning to wonder if I really need the supplements she is pushing or if this is just a money making project on the side. I'm seriously thinking of seeking out a new physician.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

DR Briggs and I have a long history and I like her as a person and a doctor, that said her office staff is AWFUL. They know you are at their mercy and they are bold and rude enough to tell you so. I was just shocked to be told "I am trying to work with you but I don't have to." Wow Dr Briggs how do you let your staff get away with that. Do you even know that is going on in your office?? The back office girls are all so nice and usually through. They are helpful and rarely impatient even when they are busy. I try to have as little contact with the front office staff as possible as they just take me from tears to angry. (This cant be good for my health LOL) The front office staff acts you are bothering them by asking them to do their JOB. For a time the front office staff could not even schedule appointments as they were too "busy", busy?? doing what being mean to people?? Dr Briggs please come out to the front office once in while to see what is going on. I keep going there as I have rare medical conditions and starting over could mean regression for me. I am beginning to realize that everyone has their breaking point, I may be at mine.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I walked in 7 minutes early to my 10:45am appt as a new pt & was told that I needed to arrive15 min prior to my appoint & because I didn't, my appt (that I waited 4 months for) would need to be rescheduled. The soonest was over 2 months out. When I asked how I was supposed to know this, they mentioned it was in their pt packet (which I hadn't received until just that moment because I was a new pt.) I asked if I could fill it out in the 7 min I had until my appt. No..was the response. The girls up front were smirking & rude, apparently having no clue or regard to what it feels like to have symptoms, wait 4 mo to see a doc, only to be treated so rudely. This office appears appears to be managed by an ego driven office mgr/staff. It doesn't matter which website you're on, her reviews are bad. If Dr. Briggs is concerned about what people perceive of her and her staff, yet still keeps them employed, it says a lot about her as a person. That said, I'll simply go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

First I will say Dr. Briggs is knowledgeable. My grievances: Very, very long wait time both in lobby and the room. Very difficult to reach anyone at office, they take a 2 hour lunch and are only open a half day on Fridays. It is hard to get an appt. with Dr. Briggs herself. She is the only Dr. in the office so plan on seeing one of her three RN's who are all nice, but whom on multiple occasions have made errors. My pap has been misread, I have been told incorrect results from a blood test & they have alarmed me with unneccessary & incorrect results. The office staff is rude & doesn't care. There are so many more gross examples but I don't have enough space for the details. I think she was a good Dr. who has a generous income stream through a broken system with the patients suffering. I wish her well and hope she can get back to a simpler format where the patient is 1st again.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

I've been going to Dr. Briggs for about 4 years now and have only met her once (for my husband). Her staff is incredibly rude as is the PA who I ended up seeing. I do like the RN whom I've seen several times. I'm definitely looking for a new doctor. Between the wait time and the rudeness of the office, I am done with this office.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

Dr. Bridget R. Briggs's Credentials

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

MSP/BC Med