Ratings for Dr. Alvin Chan

I went for prophylactic antibiotics in case a current issue I had became infected while I was away getting married. He refused even after I explained I wouldn't take the medication unless it gave frank signs of infection. He did not listen. Told me that I should make it really inflamed and go to the emergency room to get immediate attention. Not what I asked for at all, and would not take the time to listen from my point of view. His assessment skills were novice at best. He didn't palpate anywhere until I asked him. He was unprofessional: propped his feet up on a stool while he spoke to me did not lean in or make eye contact when he spoke to me. Needless to say, not impressed with this doctor and wouldn't recommend anyone I know to sit through his unempathetic mockery. Not to mention the poor state of his musty, dark and dingy clinic.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Looked in my throat, said I have a bad infection, gave me amoxil, DIDNT SWAB IT, had a rash on day 8 from amoxil, another md at the same clinic told me to stop amoxil and that it was probably cleared. next day had sore throat again. since I was already taking amoxil for 8 days already getting it swab so quickly after would give me false negative so if he had just swabbed my throat the 1st time around I would have known for sure. Now I'm taking another antibiotic but I don't even know if it really is strep. Maybe its viral... What an idiot of a doctor to not even swab my throat. He's too quick and stupid

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

I'm not sure this guy is a doctor at all! He comes across as arrogant, pompous and completely disinterested. I believe it is dangerous to your health to see him. What props him up is his partner, Dr. Lee who is slightly better. Not much, but slightly.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Great doctor. His clinic was very well run and fast. Very punctual and to the point. Also very knowledgeable

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

Thank goodness with his wonderful staff and the doctors great knowledge. Busy clinic..........but worth the wait.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

I saw Dr. Chan in Solutions Walk in clinic. He was very rude and very quick. I had an abscess which quickly lanced. The blood was pouring out of it he said "You better clean yourself up" as he threw a prescription on the table and walked out of the room. He was probably in the room for 3 minutes. He did not swab the wound for anything more serious. Ended up being a very serious MRSA infection that got substantially worse because of his neglectful ways. Rude office office, but the clinic was not busy. I was able to walk in and see Dr. Chan right away.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Great clinic and efficient service. Dr Chan knows his stuff and was quick to diagnose my problem. He took the time to explain my treatment options. He answered all my questions and even the ones from my anxious husband. Thank you.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Good doctor in this rapidly growing neighbourhood. Seen a few times. Always reassuring. Sometimes office can be too busy but wait is never too long.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

Dr Chan is not interested in your health; He just wants to get paid for the visit. Don't bother asking any questions unless you want to get a condescending response. This guy gives OHIP a bad name. The good thing is that the waiting room is usually pretty empty (wonder why?!).

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013