Ratings for Dr. Lional Hoben

As many other people have said, he mumbles and says "yes, yes, yes" and scoffs while you are describing the cause of your visit and basically ignores anything you say. He has a huge ego and unless you know how to stroke it you won't get along with him. Very bad bedside manners too. I'd honestly rather use a walk in at this point than go to him and I'm actively looking for a new doctor. Going to him has made me realize I have to be an advocate for my own health and find someone else because due to refusing to ask the right questions during diagnosis he prescribed me contraindicated medication that which I found out when picking up from the pharmacy (in the leaflets common side effects, which were pretty serious). I think the guy needs to retire at this point.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

Horrible doctor! Never really cares and makes you feel stupid. Dropped me as a client after 25 years.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

Rude and unprofessional. Has told me on a number of occasions i was imagining sickness. Turns out i have a cyst on my brain. He also told me (when i was 8) to stop eating cheese burgers because i was getting fat... i was a vegetarian.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

he is very rude with diagnosis and dealing with problems

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I have never had any issues with dr hoben, he listens to me and talks to me ... He is very thorough and open to what i have to say... I wait a bit at times, but thats like any doctors office, that truly cant be helped.. his staff is very friendly, supportive and nice.. His knowledge is top to me. alot of my family goes there and we hope he is our doctor for a very very long time.. thanks

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Dr h had refused to see me when I was ill because he didn't want to get sick. Another visit he said my pain was an over reaction and all young people just want an easy fix like massage. Very rude. When I was seeing him for constant head aches he asked if I had ever suspected that I had a tumor then walked out of the room and didn't say anything else then came back 10 minutes later saying that I would of been dead at this point if I had a tumor. Why couldn't he have said that before he left for 10 minutes? Refuses to listen to your concerns. Gets offended if you see an after hours clinic with an ear infection since he was not able to see me then refuses to help with later visits since I had attended a walk in clinic. I now refuse to go see him. I am a nurse and ask the doctors at my work for advice before considering ever going to him. Have been looking for a new doctor. Would never suggest him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Have been a patient for three years or so. Never had a problem with him and he is great with kids.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

He prescribed Jolly Ranchers candies once as a form of medicine. He walks out on patients as you're talking to him about your condition. He's an absolute incredible dick. I had severe head aches once which caused me to blackout for hours on end daily and he told me it was "natural." He does mumble and likes to just make noises and goes "Yes yes yes yes yes" over and over. Practically refuses to update your file, and you have to basically an even greater dick back just to get a referral you desperately need. I will celebrate with the festivity of lifetime when I can change away from his healthcare, because seriously forget Dr. Hoben. Because of him, I have a knee that will forever be screwed up unless I can make it to the United States.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Dr. Hoben has been my doctor for the past 18 years. He is the most knowledgeable doctor I have ever dealt with. I count my blessings every time I have a need to see him. I dread the day when he gets to the point of retiring. Thank you Dr. Hoben.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

I was a patient of his for 14 years. He treated me poorly most of the time. This doctor literally gave me anxiety about going to see him. I'd go to a walk in for everything I could expect refills or referrals. Worst bedside manner in a doctor I have ever dealt with!!! He is incredibly moody to say the least. Not to mention he mumbles to himself constantly. No carrying on a conversation for this man, he'll just sit and mumble to himself. Never seemed to really "care" about any of my concerns, brushed me off on so many occasions. The final straw was his dismissal of a serious issue I needed help with (just take more pills). Pills don't' fix everything! So happy to have found a new/more caring/compassionate/knowledgeable doctor for myself and my family. Good riddance Dr. H!

Submitted October 13, 2015