Ratings for Dr. Lional Hoben

he is very rude with diagnosis and dealing with problems

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I have never had any issues with dr hoben, he listens to me and talks to me ... He is very thorough and open to what i have to say... I wait a bit at times, but thats like any doctors office, that truly cant be helped.. his staff is very friendly, supportive and nice.. His knowledge is top to me. alot of my family goes there and we hope he is our doctor for a very very long time.. thanks

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Dr h had refused to see me when I was ill because he didn't want to get sick. Another visit he said my pain was an over reaction and all young people just want an easy fix like massage. Very rude. When I was seeing him for constant head aches he asked if I had ever suspected that I had a tumor then walked out of the room and didn't say anything else then came back 10 minutes later saying that I would of been dead at this point if I had a tumor. Why couldn't he have said that before he left for 10 minutes? Refuses to listen to your concerns. Gets offended if you see an after hours clinic with an ear infection since he was not able to see me then refuses to help with later visits since I had attended a walk in clinic. I now refuse to go see him. I am a nurse and ask the doctors at my work for advice before considering ever going to him. Have been looking for a new doctor. Would never suggest him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Have been a patient for three years or so. Never had a problem with him and he is great with kids.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

He prescribed Jolly Ranchers candies once as a form of medicine. He walks out on patients as you're talking to him about your condition. He's an absolute incredible dick. I had severe head aches once which caused me to blackout for hours on end daily and he told me it was "natural." He does mumble and likes to just make noises and goes "Yes yes yes yes yes" over and over. Practically refuses to update your file, and you have to basically an even greater dick back just to get a referral you desperately need. I will celebrate with the festivity of lifetime when I can change away from his healthcare, because seriously forget Dr. Hoben. Because of him, I have a knee that will forever be screwed up unless I can make it to the United States.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Dr. Hoben has been my doctor for the past 18 years. He is the most knowledgeable doctor I have ever dealt with. I count my blessings every time I have a need to see him. I dread the day when he gets to the point of retiring. Thank you Dr. Hoben.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

I was a patient of his for 14 years. He treated me poorly most of the time. This doctor literally gave me anxiety about going to see him. I'd go to a walk in for everything I could expect refills or referrals. Worst bedside manner in a doctor I have ever dealt with!!! He is incredibly moody to say the least. Not to mention he mumbles to himself constantly. No carrying on a conversation for this man, he'll just sit and mumble to himself. Never seemed to really "care" about any of my concerns, brushed me off on so many occasions. The final straw was his dismissal of a serious issue I needed help with (just take more pills). Pills don't' fix everything! So happy to have found a new/more caring/compassionate/knowledgeable doctor for myself and my family. Good riddance Dr. H!

Submitted October 13, 2015

I asked to be released from Dr. Hoben, He was moody most of the time and brushed off my concerns. My eldest daughter was suffering sever head aches and leg pain and rashes on her legs. He seemed to care less . We found out in 2011 she had MS. I have no use for the man or his health care. I am much happier being Dr less and going to walking clinics .I was pretty much afraid to go see him and be told your fine , your over reacting , nothings wrong with you. He also misdiagnosed my youngest daughter and my self for which i went to a walk in clinic and had surgery to fix my over reaction! I do also agree since Brenda's illness and passing the place has gone down hill. a big F- from this family

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

My family and I have been going to see Dr. Hoben for almost 10 years. He is a fantastic doc that listens well and always treats us with respect and compassion. He is great with my children. I am shocked about all of the horrible things being said about him on this website because I think that he is great and we are very lucky to have him as our family doctor.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Not very helpful he says one thing one and the exact opposite the next visit

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011