Ratings for Dr. Martin Rahn

Be very careful with this one. Pressured me into a lot of unnecessary dental work years ago in my younger days when I was trusting and naive. Finally I went for a second opinion elsewhere when something didn't feel right in my gut and I was told that there was nothing wrong with my teeth and that all the unnecessary fillings actually damaged some of my back teeth. I actually experience a lot of pain in one of my back molars now due to damage from this man. Another dentist told me that a very poor (and unnecessary) filling job was done on this back tooth which caused the tooth to crack and the filling to actually start sliding out causing significant sensitivity and oftentimes pain. This man is a crook and really shouldn't be licensed. Please be careful.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

The best way to find out whether you have a good dentist or not, is ask another dental professional if they try to be "professional" instead of raving about the dentist you are inquiring about, RUN! I've been in dentistry in Campbell River for many years.!!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

I had a bite problem and he recommended capping all of the molers for 20,000. He did not recommend i get a second opinion or see alternative treatment (orthodontics). I later went to an orthodontist, who confirmed i had a bite problem, but told me orthodontics is cheaper, less invasive and will likely get a better result because unlike capping, teeth can be moved in the future if need be. I got invisign for 5,500, which is a lot less than 20,000!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2012

I paid $600 for a cleaning and check up, at the conclusion of which I was told that I needed close to $8000 in dental work. He told me I needed half a dozen fillings (none of which showed on Xrays) and he also wanted me to cap all my molars. I thought this was odd, as I have never had a problem with my teeth, so after my check up with him I went to three other dentists to get other opinions and no one could justify the work he said I needed. I would suggest getting a second opinion before going ahead with any major dental work recommended by this fellow.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

I have had a full mouth restoration. It fixed my bite and corrected my jaw. I still get clicking but it is so much better that what I had before. Dr Rahn explained to me what will happen and what I can expect. He treated me with the upmost professionalism. I recommend anyone to see him. To the person below me, go back and get him to check your teeth. Maybe he can check your bite again. I have found that over the year and a half that I had my teeth completly restored that I have had to go back and check my bite. It feels absolutely fine and like my own teeth!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2010

I paid 10,000 for my top teeth; with no insurance. It's been aprox two years, and I still feel pressure and pain constantly in my temples and upper jaw. I told him it hurt and that the bite was off; he said "it couldn't be." He did not listen. The teeth were an awkward shape, I asked him to file or reshape them...he wouldn't. He also offered unnecessary work on my bottom teeth. When I was explaining what I wanted during my consolation, he said "are you almost done? I have someone else waiting." I'm spending alot of money here... In a nutshell it was a 10,000 mistake that I won't have anything to show for, since they will have to be corrected now. He does not listen, very frustrating. Never go by fancy advertising

flag | Submitted April 22, 2010

i loved my visit at oceanside dental! lots of great information and very knowledgable! i will be telling my friends about this dentist!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2010

I was referred to doctor Rahn for cosmetics and was so disgusted. The prices are ridiculous and be aware if they assure you over and over again that your medical insurance covers the cost and then you find a large bill in your mailbox. I have now learned many horror stories with Dr. Rahn and will stay far away from his office and be sure to never ever recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2010

My 4 year old son was nervous about going to the dentist as many children are. The poor child was practically hyperventilating in the chair. This dentist belittled him and told him to "stop being such a baby" We now have another dentist that took the time to explain everything to my son, show him the instruments and was patient with him. My son won't grow up being afraid of the dentist, and I am sure to tell everyone I can about my experience with this horrible man.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

Very happy with this Dr. Very professional, kind and caring and what an amazing staff, there are so many claims to be a cosmetic dentist, but he really knows his stuff and only offers the best. There is such a difference, I wish I found him first. He fixed my bite and redid my horrible veneers previously done by a LOCAL dentist and I cannot believe the difference. If you want it done right the first time, it's with Dr. Rahn. You can see it in his before and afters and what his patients and staff say about him. It's important to check the the experiecnce and integrity of your cosmetic dentist. Love my smile.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2009