Ratings for Dr. Sharon Messics

I saw Dr. Messics for the first time this week as a new patient. There was one person in the waiting room when I arrived and i made a comment about how quiet their offc was. The receptionist said that the practice prides itself on NOT overbooking, so the dr can spend quality time with her patients. There was no paperwork to fill out on medical history, so I thought the doctor would spend time discussing that with me in what I thought would be at least a 1 hr first visit. When the Dr came in, she did not even I introduce herself, and no handshaking. She was not interested in small talk and jumped right into her laptop by asking a series of questions. It was easy to see that she had the personality of a shoelace. My time with her was maybe 10 minutes and she was gone. This is the problem i have had with docs in this area, not sure why...they are all the same in attitude and behavior. I was in shock at the lack of effort on her part for a new patient. She sent me out to schedule yet another appt for a physical... in 5 months! I made the appt but really questioning if I will go back. Just horrible in every way. Just a horrible new patient experience because she had ZERO personality!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Messics for years. I have since switched parents and my own family to Dr. Messics. We are all very impressed with her, I never wait more then 10 minutes in the waiting room, am seen promptly and most of all she listens to what you have to say. Other Drs. don't take the time to listen and respond to questions. She is very caring of her patients. As far as her focused on her computer....Why do you think you never wait. She is entering and reviewing accurate information on her laptop instead of potentially missing something when she would normally be entering her notes in her office which would most likely creating extra work and cause delays in the waiting room. I have had a few issues with staff not canceling and rescheduling appointments but it was always resolved to my satisfaction. I highly recommend Dr. Messics. She may seam to not smile a lot but she is very serious about her patients. She is truly the best doctor I have ever had. I travel from the Eastern Shore just to see her even though there are many other more local choices available.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

I too followed Dr. Messics from another practice location. My husband and I both see her and have always been happy with her care, bedside manner, etc. We find her use of a laptop to be innovative and extremely helpful. She has all of our histories right in front of her and can make informed decisions based on individual medical history (i.e., the right antibiotic for each person, past illnesses, treatment methods, etc.) I personally liked Judy, her front office staff person, but admittedly if you did not know her, I can see where she may have come off to some people as abrupt or rude. I will attest that you would find her to be a capable and lovely lady if you took time to chat with her. Regardless, it would appear that Judy is no longer with Dr. Messics' practice as the last time I went there, I was told that she was no longer with them.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Reading the other comments, I wonder if I'm seeing the same Sharon Messics some other patients have seen. I've never had a problem with care, wait times, or staff. And it surprises me that raters take issue with her laptop. Capturing patient symptoms and complaints directly and in real time greatly reduces the risk of transcription and other errors. The laptop also allows the doctor to readily access all the data on a patient's past visits and test results, as well as the most up-to-date care guidelines. Raters' other common complaints are insurance related. Dr. Messics has no control over this.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

I had made an appointment one month and two days ago. When we arrived, the receptionist said it had not been scheduled, it was implied that this has happened before. I was sent away with a "s.o.l" attitude and they "may be able to fit me in". I asked if I would be reimbursed for my time as they charge a fee for a 24 hour cancellation. I was told I could write a letter. Terrible customer service!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

Great on all appointments, always asks if I have any questions or concerns, I have followed her from a previous practice even though it is farther than I would have preferred! Judy, front desk, is superb as well!!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

I scheduled an appointment a week ago. When I showed up for my appointment, after waiting 30 minutes, I was told that the doctor no longer accepts new patients with my insurance, and because I hadnt been in in 3 years I was considered a new patient and the doctor would not see me. I have the same insurance as last time. I guess I dont get sick enough to keep as a patient. Rude staff!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

She has the people skills of a rock. She has zero compassion. And her politics overrides the care she provides.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Her laptop got more time from her (in my presence) than I did. Won't be returning.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2012

Dr. Messics has been my family's doctor, including my parents, for years. We followed her when she opened her own practice. She has provided excellent service. Her staff is very cordial and helpful.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2009

Dr. Sharon Messics's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Amerigroup