Ratings for Dr. Anusha Belani

In 2006, I was infected with the nocardia bacteria. This resulted in developing nocardiosis, a very rare and potentially fatal disease form which only 50% of infected people recover. Dr. Belani was relentless in developing a diagnosis for this disease: a disease that literally none of the medical staff of a large sophisticated hospital had ever seen or provided treatment. Dr. Belani’s treated and consulted with me for over 5 years. Finally as a result, I am now completely cured and living a normal life. I have no doubt that had is not been for Dr. Belani’s absolute dedication and professional skill, I would not be here to write this review. I see that some see rudeness in her practice. Perhaps that was their experience. My experience was quite the opposite. I’m convinced that some patients confuse rudeness for being direct and clear regarding an unwelcomed diagnosis and recommended treatment.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

What a terrible experience. This doctor missed obvious signs that her treatment of a serious infection was inadequate (daily fevers despite IV meds for over a week). When we asked for a referral to a larger hospital with a team of ID doctors, she argued about it and was reluctant to do so. When my wife called back the next day to ask if the paperwork was done for the referral, she called me and told me to ask my wife not to call her office again. In addition to an unprofessional and rude doctor, her staff was no better. Despite the fact that her office in punctual with appointments, she is hard to reach outside of her very early office hours. As she is the only ID doctor in Frederick, we will surely not return to FMH with concerns over infection again.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

I have found her to be well informed, helpful, and thorough. She always finds time to relate to her patients and spends adequate time with each.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

I havent even got in the office yet for my appointment, but i have NEVER dealt with a more rude office staff in my WHOLE LIFE!!!!!!!!! I have gone to tons of doctors and the attitude i received from this office was unreal to me. they could really really use some help with customer service!!!! HORRIBLE!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

Although her reputation for infectious disease is excellent, her bedside manner and communication was greatly lacking. Patients who find it easiest to allow the doctor total control and decision making power be left to the doctor without patient input would probably work well with her.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

Don't waste your time/money with her. Totally useless.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

Dr. Anusha Belani's Credentials

• Lady Hardinge Med Coll, Univ Of Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1978)