Dr. Ross Garinther

Ratings for Dr. Ross Garinther

This is the kind of doctor you want. He found my small lump in my breast and sent me for tests. When they came back positive, he got out of his own sick bed to get me an appointment with an Oncologist. this man cares and I will put up with his tardiness just because I won't find a more caring individual.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

This doctor walked in smelling like a pack of cigarettes. His shirt was unbuttoned, his sleeves where rolled back showing off his tattoos. He actually made me cry for hours after our 30 second rushed consultation.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Dr. Ross Garinther takes an Old School approach to Patients. He has been my Doctor for almost 5yrs and I only see him. I have always been treated with respect by him. I had a Doctor for 30 years before retiring, and I am so happy that I have Dr.G as my GP.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Always has some pedantic advice to impose on patient; he presents his personal opinions as absolute facts and any dispute with his views are pure sacrilege to him. Terse, argumentative, and unclean (an understatement) appearance. Should wash clothes and learn how to treat patients: with respect and compassion not arrogance and indifference. Appletree being a horrible clinic is an added disadvantage to any patient having the misfortune of ending up there. NOT recommend either.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Garinther since the 1980's. I miss when he had his own practice - I absolutely hate the clinic system but tolerate it just to still see him. Maybe I just know him better than others but a lot of the negatives I read here seem to be really extreme. I like that he is no-nonsense. Has always listened to me and been thoughtful about his advice and decisions. I like that he doesn't rush to send for 50 million tests like others seem to do but won't hesitate to send for ones he thinks are necessary and he'll tell you WHY he thinks they are necessary. He WILL tell you that if you don't want to take his advice then he can't help you - can't fault him for that, if he gives you advice and you don't want it or don't like it what do you expect him to do for heaven's sake? He has done what he feels is the right thing for your situation. If his advice doesn't appeal to you then you can be one of those people that just keeps looking for a 'yes doctor'. Being chronically late is annoying, have to agree with everyone there. Wasn't quite so bad when he was in private practice but still wasn't real punctual. My sons also continue to see him, he has looked after them all their lives and they are late 20's and early 30's now. Has been great through a number of lifetime issues - health, stress, flu's, ingrown nails, you name it. Conclusion : He's the ONLY reason I tolerate the abysmal Appletree clinic system. Maybe all clinics are the same, I don't know but it sucks. The staff that I've met are by and large always friendly and try to be helpful. Just wish he was still in private practice.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

This doctor is in such big demand that he is usually fully booked up his "shift" as soon as the office opens in the AM. He is an excellent physician who has kept me in good health since about 1987. Like so so many others I am very happy with his no nonsense service .....too many impatient patient are complainers who probably believe they own him because he works for OHIP and he has to meet expectations of everyone coming to see him..Not so ..I'm glad that he doesn't like to waste time with people who think they know more about being a doctor than himself . These people should find another doctor or doctors to complain to and reduce my waiting time.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Devil with a "doctor" in front of his name. He's awful.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

This is the filthiest Doctor I have ever seen, we went in to see Dr. Garinther on a Saturday because my boyfriend was having knee issues, he is a very abrupt and rude individual, does not exhibit any kind of professionalism. We saw him twice and both times he was wearing his beige dockers with pee stains around his crouch area and reeks of cigarette smoke.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

He is Excellent and most knowledgeable He saved my life! Many Thanks to him!!!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

I will tell you the full story of my experience with this doctor and let you build an opinion. I don't want to rant (though I wish I could) because I want you guys to figure out for yourselves if I'm right or wrong. I came in to Appletree ( my second time ever) despite hearing about the bad service they offer from many people. I really was on my way to the ER but thought I would try my luck. I was having some pain because of work related incidents and wanted to talk to an MD about it. Little did I know, the person who walked in wasn't the most qualified. I told him a symptom I had experienced to which he said "I doubt it". I then told him I was hyperventilating to which he said "You should have continued to hyperventilate, you would have eventually passed out and all of it would be over". He then went on a rant on how no employee has ever been sick because of work until he made me cry. He then went ahead and ranted about how he used to work 120 hours a week non stop and how "he doesn't think my claims are true". He also decided it would be a good idea to tell me how hard he worked in Medical School and how I was just being lazy. He then asked me the following question "Do you think I can give you a magic pill ?", to which I said I don't take medication unless I absolutely have to and I wasn't here looking for any pills at all. I was looking for (just like most people) a diagnosis. He then said all my problems where my fault and that I can leave and he wasn't holding me prisoner. I almost called the cops on him because of the way he screamed at me. I will now be filing an official complaint to the Medical Board and I encourage anyone who's been mistreated by him to do the same. It's just not right for him to treat people like that and dishonours the craft. I used to always tell my friends how amazing I think the medical system works here because I've never had a bad experience with a doctor (i.e. the selection process is amazing). Thanks to this guy, I now know what a corrupt Doctor is and what it means to shady.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016