Dr. Ross Garinther

Ratings for Dr. Ross Garinther

He is the only physician ,working at appletree, who listens to patients ,It's the second time of my life I met him and I noticed that he really cares for patients by listening and giving advice in the mean time .

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

I have been a patient for several years. A most knowledgeable doctor who is very helpful and has empathy and understanding. Very intelligent and I trust him completely. Have never had a negative situation for over 10 years. Extremely intelligent

flag | Submitted December 23, 2017

No patient service..only a computer screen and someone calling names once in a while. Appletree is saving money on not have a reciprionist at patient expense. Dr. Garinther is rude, arrogant and doesn't listen to patients. You have to talk over him and it doesn't really work out well for you. He is right and it's all about his opinion and what he says. Avoid him particularly for mental health or school related issues. He also will not do Dr notes for any school related issue as an FYI. That was not my issue with him, but it may help other people.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

Appletree medical does not have a receptionist and the customer service sucks. Dr Garinther came in, I spoke to him about my anxiety for 30s until he cut my off saying that I was anxious because of school or work that I hadn't done. He didn't really let me speak and seemed unsympathetic. He did say that it's something that I can deal with by seeing a psychologist, but the way he was speaking was making my social anxiety worse. Wish he would have been more empathetic, patient and would listen more.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

This is the kind of doctor you want. He found my small lump in my breast and sent me for tests. When they came back positive, he got out of his own sick bed to get me an appointment with an Oncologist. this man cares and I will put up with his tardiness just because I won't find a more caring individual.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

This doctor walked in smelling like a pack of cigarettes. His shirt was unbuttoned, his sleeves where rolled back showing off his tattoos. He actually made me cry for hours after our 30 second rushed consultation.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Dr. Ross Garinther takes an Old School approach to Patients. He has been my Doctor for almost 5yrs and I only see him. I have always been treated with respect by him. I had a Doctor for 30 years before retiring, and I am so happy that I have Dr.G as my GP.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Always has some pedantic advice to impose on patient; he presents his personal opinions as absolute facts and any dispute with his views are pure sacrilege to him. Terse, argumentative, and unclean (an understatement) appearance. Should wash clothes and learn how to treat patients: with respect and compassion not arrogance and indifference. Appletree being a horrible clinic is an added disadvantage to any patient having the misfortune of ending up there. NOT recommend either.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Garinther since the 1980's. I miss when he had his own practice - I absolutely hate the clinic system but tolerate it just to still see him. Maybe I just know him better than others but a lot of the negatives I read here seem to be really extreme. I like that he is no-nonsense. Has always listened to me and been thoughtful about his advice and decisions. I like that he doesn't rush to send for 50 million tests like others seem to do but won't hesitate to send for ones he thinks are necessary and he'll tell you WHY he thinks they are necessary. He WILL tell you that if you don't want to take his advice then he can't help you - can't fault him for that, if he gives you advice and you don't want it or don't like it what do you expect him to do for heaven's sake? He has done what he feels is the right thing for your situation. If his advice doesn't appeal to you then you can be one of those people that just keeps looking for a 'yes doctor'. Being chronically late is annoying, have to agree with everyone there. Wasn't quite so bad when he was in private practice but still wasn't real punctual. My sons also continue to see him, he has looked after them all their lives and they are late 20's and early 30's now. Has been great through a number of lifetime issues - health, stress, flu's, ingrown nails, you name it. Conclusion : He's the ONLY reason I tolerate the abysmal Appletree clinic system. Maybe all clinics are the same, I don't know but it sucks. The staff that I've met are by and large always friendly and try to be helpful. Just wish he was still in private practice.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

This doctor is in such big demand that he is usually fully booked up his "shift" as soon as the office opens in the AM. He is an excellent physician who has kept me in good health since about 1987. Like so so many others I am very happy with his no nonsense service .....too many impatient patient are complainers who probably believe they own him because he works for OHIP and he has to meet expectations of everyone coming to see him..Not so ..I'm glad that he doesn't like to waste time with people who think they know more about being a doctor than himself . These people should find another doctor or doctors to complain to and reduce my waiting time.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016