Ratings for Dr. Bernard Quintal

I had Quintal years ago as a doctor and yes he is a very good doctor. I was there before and after his wife became secretary. The waiting times were diminished yes, but when a patient is in the office, crying and depressed, they don't want to hear a knock at the door. In the end I just stopped talking and left aggravated. Sometimes 5 or 10 minutes is not a lot considering what some people go through. As far as Dr Quintal's character, he is great.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

I have been Dr Quintal patient since 1993. He is also the Dr for my husband and my 2 children. We love him. He is very knowledgeable & professional. We also like his sec/wife. She is very friendly and compassionate. Vivianne

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

I have had Dr. Quintal for over 25 yearsas a family doctor. I think he is great, It's his wife thats his biggest problem. Since she has taken over the office, you don't get the time you need with your physician. When you call for an apt. she askes why you need to see him and then gives you a time that she feels you should have!! When your time is up, she knocks on the door. She wears the pants in that office. If he was able to do his job without here behind him, i would have no problem with him at all. There has been a big change in his office and not all for the good. I hesitate to call for an apt. Thank goodness I don't need him more then once or twice a year......

flag | Submitted October 9, 2009

has always been very helpful to me and he explains the problem well----I also like is sec'ty (his wife) she is also very helpful.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2008

Le docteur Quintal est le meilleur, il écoute toujours et expliques très très bien. Il est bon avec mes enfants et les font rire et aimer la visite au médecin. La secrétaire rend aller au médecin beaucoup mieux parce que c'est efficace les rendez-vous et on attend pas longtemsp et c'est bien avec des enfants. Moi je la trouve bonne. Je suis satisfaite avec mon docteur et je trouve que c'est rare un docteur qui écoute et explque comem Docteur Quintal..

flag | Submitted July 10, 2007

Dr. Quintal been my doctor for over 20 years. Has always been kind, gentle and caring. He delivered my children and was very good. Now he even does home visits. Very appreciated. He has saved me a lot of money with this. He is always on time and there is no more waiting room crowds. Much better since his wife took over. She books the appropriate time needed for the visit. Patients have abused Dr. Quintal for many years. Good riddence to all those egoist people that have left him. He has less patients now and can take care of those that appreciate him. I hope he never leaves.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2007

He use to be the best doctor in town.Something happen.Not sure what.I think his secetary as something to do with it.What a sad story!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2007

I was Dr. Quintal's patient since birth. When I turned 14, I went to see him because I had constant headaches. He looked at me and told me my brain was growing. I was young and believed him and kept on taking Tylenol for the pain. However, when I was at University and 20 years old, I saw a doctor in Ottawa for the same reason. That doctor told me I needed immediate surgery as I had a brain tumor the size of a golf ball. He told me it had to have been there for at least 5 to 6 years. Dr. Quintal should have diagnosted me with it when I was 14 years old. I closed my file with him and changed doctors. I want nothing to do with him at all. If I would have stayed with him, I might not be alive today! Very disappointed in his care for me...Especially after such a long life with him as a family physician!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2007

Can you believe his wife actually knocks on the exam room door if you have been with hin more thn five minutes so that he knows it's time to move on to the next pt? How's that for taking the time to listen to your concerns, et alone do a thourough physical examination in order to rule out certain problems. make no mistake about it, she wears the pants in that office and because of her lack of compassion for us patients, lots of people are being mis-diagnosed or are waiting way too long for treatment.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2007

j'etais sa patiente pour plusieurs annee avant et il etait tres bon, ecoutait, prenait son temps avec le patient etc mais aussitot que sa femme a commencer a travailler pour lui, il a changer et pas pour le bon. Depuis qu'elle est la, j'ai changer de docteur et je suis tres bien avec mon docteur...je trouve sa tres de valeur que sa femme a commencer a travailler la parce qu'elle nous a enlever un tres bon docteur.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2007