Ratings for Dr. Geeta Achyuthan

Dr. Achyuthan has been my physician for 12+ years and she has usually been good. I recently spent 12 hours in ER on a Sunday for a problem and on Monday morning her staff called to make an appointment to discuss the results. I went to the office 2 days later and it was a complete waste of my time especially since I live out of town. She didn’t even know why I was there and when I told her she just said she would refer me to my general surgeon!! When I asked her another question about an unrelated problem she stated “make another appointment in a months time or more” and promptly left the room!! I saw her for a total of 3 minutes!! This unfortunately has been my experience as of late with her.....disappointing!! I am on the search for a new MD!!!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2017

Has been my doctor for over 25 years. Always listens and refers to the latest information available when prescribing treatment. I have never had a long wait and her staff are excellent and accommodating when scheduling and very friendly.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

Has been my doctor for 17 years - always very helpful, gives good explanations and listens to questions. Very good with all my kids as well. Doesn't push pills but will give prescriptions and often says to fill only if needed. Glad to have her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

I was in emerg and when I was discharged they told me to follow up with my GP. When I saw her she said she did not have time to look up my lab test from emerg and that she did not have time for this. Is this not her job????

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr A for over 25 years. She always answers my questions and is firm when needed. Has also given me great referrals when needed. I feel fortunate to have her. Any good Dr usually runs a bit late if they are taking proper time with patients.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I & my husband have been seeing Dr. Achyuthan from past 4 years. She is a good doctor, but has no time for her patient's. She has always been late by 30-40 minutes for every appointment & rushes the meeting. In one of our appointments, she said - Make a separate appointment for all your other problems. 1 appointment is for 1 problem & that is how it works in Canada. I was amazed hearing that! We am now looking for our next GP.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Geeta has been my doctor for well over 20 years and I wouldn't even consider changing....always takes her time and listens...explains...her staff are also extremely helpful

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

I've been going to Dr Achyuthan for about 22 years. She's empathetic and tough, follows through and you're never left hanging wondering about test results. The only negative I have to say is that you are restricted to three things to speak to her about in a 10 minute sessions, even if those don't describe the situation enough.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

She never listens, doesn't even check when something is wrong. I broke my foot and she didn't even look at it she just said 'go get some xrays' so I did and I didn't get the results back for a week ! I was in terrible pain! I've had her all my life and I'm currently trying to find a new doctor that I like.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

Dr Geeta Achyuthan has been my doctor for years. She took excellent care of me throughout my 2 pregnancies. She is always gentle and compassionate with my kids and myself. She has always been kind, caring and listens to whatever I have to say during my appointments. Nothing but great things to say about her and her staff.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015