Ratings for Dr. Leslie Balmer

This amazing doctor has changed my son's life! He has been seeing her since he was nine years old and now is almost sixteen! He deals with high anxiety, ADD, ADHD and OCD. She has taught him incredible coping skills. He absolutely loves her and because of what she has done for him, he wants to become a psychologist just like her and wants to help children just like she helped him! I can't say enough about how much she means to us! You are truly outstanding at what you do!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Go elsewhere for counselling! Does not have accurate perceptions in reading people or seeing the truth beneath layers of lies that are obvious to all....but her!

Submitted June 7, 2016

Very professional and very helpful. My teenage daughter experienced some very traumatic events in her first year of university and Dr. Balmer was hugely helpful in assisting my daughter to preserve her academic record and cope. There is definitely a true sense of empathy and caring. Dr. Balmer genuinely cares about the well being of my daughter. Very easy to speak with and relate to.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

I have had one opportunity to encounter Dr Leslie Balmer. I am going through a very very high conflict divorce involving two young children. I have been subject to some very damaging accusations that have thus far kept most Professionals apprehensive or just plain uninterested in assisting me beyond the cookie cutter protocol or so it has seemed. I can say this from experience (Now) that if all who share the same credentials as Dr Balmer conducted themselves with the same level of professionalism and compassion for each individual patient and recognize how unique each patient's situation is, a higher percentage of productive results would be. I spoke openly and honestly with Dr Balmer, She didn't interrupt me or try influence my thought process as she conducted her assessment. Dr Balmer's Clinic environment was calming and comfortable and made me feel secure, Her approach was kind and unhurried. Dr Leslie Balmer had reinstated the confidence I had lost. was patient and thoughtful and when she did speak she did so it was with kind authority, gentle and respectful. There is more to Dr Balmer than just the services she provides to we who need her. She went way way beyond the call of duty, Her motivation was NOT that of financial benefit and actually quite contrary in fact. Dr Balmer's character is fully intact with me and my family, She's a compassionate Humanitarian, Selfless and Dedicated, I wish my children could visit her. I'm filled with sorrow as i read the words of those who criticizes the works of a great person who has dedicated her life to assisting other who are in need. Remember folks She doesn't want anyone to "Have" to see her, but she'll be there when we do!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

I am shocked and saddened to see some negative reviews for Dr. Balmer posted here. I think perhaps the issue is that many people do not have a clear understanding of the purpose that psychological treatment serves or cannot handle being to,d that they are approaching situations in a less than optimum fashion. My children and I have been clients of Dr. Balmer for several years following a traumatic incident of violent crime. We have always found her to be easy to talk to, extremely helpful in terms of determining coping mechanisms for various symptoms, trustworthy and reliable, and very generous in terms of her time as well as financial matters. It is also a pleasure to meet a therapist who has no ego in terms of specific knowledge- if something is outside of her scope of expertise she says so readily then seeks out resources and advise from other professionals to ensure that she addresses the situation in the best way possible. Dr. Balmer's pro bono work in victim activism is well documented and speaks to her genuine sympathy for and commitment to helping bereaved individuals and those who've survived or witnessed violent crimes. It is a tremendous relief to me to know that my children are in the hands of such a responsible and ethical professional and she has been and continues to be a phenomenal source of support in my own struggle to overcome PTSD related issues.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

Dr. Baller was a bit disappointing since no formal documentation was provided. She is willing to work with my kid however the tone is always the bottom line $$$$ if you know what I mean. Sessions are short and the use of insurance is somewhere narrow minded, single sided! I'd say she has the knowledge, but it is a bit difficult what the plans are in getting that knowledge out and ready to help.

Submitted November 5, 2014

Needs a course in reading people. Takes sides, manipulates facts to suit her (possibly to inflame situation so that more "therapy" is required to line wallets???). Very unprofessional and made my child never want to see a health care professional again to "talk".

Submitted October 30, 2014

just amazing

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

My main concern...domestic violence witnessed by the kids, and axiety issues about change. The Doctor was preoccupied in divorce conflict issues only and was asking questions to the kids about adult conflict. She received a lot of information from my ex on a weekly basis, i found out, and questioned the kids on everything he said without checking facts. I hardly ever spoke to her until my children told me they couldn't talk to her about what happened on a particular day "because she only wants to talk about you Mommy". She fuelled my exes temper by betraying the kids trust and trying to cause issues between parents. Very sad that this Doctor did not see the damage that she was perpetuating. Then she ended up compromising my trust by talking about my children and myself to my and my husbands lawyer without my consent. Taking sides with information that was different than what she previously told me. She was very unprofessional and inexperienced with domestic violence relationships.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Dr.Balmer has been very kind and showed empathy is all of our sessions. She has not "fixed" my problems but that is not what she is there for. She has listened to me in a non judgmental way and where she could has offered suggestions for things I could try. I think she is someone who genuinely cares about her patients which is very important in her line of work.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2013