Ratings for Dr. George W. Zimmerman

My husband had a total knee replacement in May 2017 and says his knee hurts as bad as it did prior to the surgery. We continued to get the same answers that it would take a year before the healing process was complete however it only seems to get worse. We received a letter at the end of November 2017 dated October 30, 2017 that Dr. Zimmerman was leaving the practice . We have called to find out who was taking over his patients only to be told NO ONE. What does that tell you? No one wants to be associated with cleaning up his mess. Wish we had not listened to others that recommended this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

I had a total knee replacement in April 2017 almost a year later I'm in much more pain then before I've been back several times never seen him only a PA even when I requested to see him personally never got my questions answered like why I had blisters and rashes all over my leg witch are just now clearing up but going to make one more appointment to try and figure out what the problem is before I have to try and get help somewhere else and no I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

I had a total knee replacement done on 6/6/17 by Dr. George Zimmerman at St. Francis Hospital in Columbus GA. I only saw Dr. Zimmerman before the surgery, not once afterwards. It is now March 6, 2018 and my knee pops out, makes a loud grinding sound when I flex it, aches all the time and I find I can no longer walk up steps. That's right, in less than a year I am in the same position I was before I had the replacement. Actually I'm worse because now I have metal inside me that does not work. I so hate that I listen to people who told me he was the best. He is a hack! DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

This doctor is truly awful. Every negative word written about him here is true. My father had a double hip replacement and now he can't even walk. Zimmerman had no answers, no hope. He passes the blame on everyone else. Does not want to hear your questions or explain anything. He left town on post op day 2, unexpectedly and with no details or plan for my father's care. His PA, David, is also awful. Dr. Zimmerman only cares about his ego and David only cares about Dr. Zimmerman. We filled a formal complaint against him, and demanded another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

I had orthoscopic surgery in May 2016 and it was the worst experience of my life!! Dr. Zimmerman constantly lied to and yelled at me. He spent little if any time explaining things to me. All I did was cry each time I saw him because of his attitude and beratement. The surgery was awful and I had a second surgery in October by a different doctor who said my leg was not healing on the first physical exam. Dr. Zimmerman let me suffer 5 months with a leg that wasn't healing. DON'T USE THIS DOCTOR!!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Unprofessional. Dismissive. Above reproach. Disappointing experience. Would not recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

I had a ACL repair done by Dr. Zimmerman and it was the worst experience of my life. Uncaring attitude and does not want to hear what you have to say. Nurse said he does not like it when things don't go well. Every patient outcome will not always be the same. Kept insisting I needed a knee replacement. Got a 2nd opinion and was told I did not need a knee replacement. This doctor only cares about money do not recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Had a total knee replacement in Sept 2014. Dr Zimmeran at St. FRANCIS is fantastic! Not only is he totally thorough in the complicated field of orthopaedics, he is caring about his patients and has a great bedside manner. With Dr. Z, you KNOW you are in good hands. Not the same can be said for the after-surgery care at St. FRANCIS. The staff nurses assigned to you are very rude and demanding. NO compassion whatsoever. I TOTALLY recommend Dr. Zimmerman as your orthopaedic surgeon, but I will never again relinquish my post-surgery care to those nurses at St. FRANCIS. Am now within 2 weeks of my other knee replacement, but am selecting Hughston Hospital for this surgery.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Did not like his bedside manner. Was in and out of the room in a matter of 2 minutes. I had to ask him to look at the xrays they had me take

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr. Z is a very educated ortho dr. He did my knee replacement. He cares alot about his patients. Anyone who said he has a bad bedside manner is so WRONG! I had to be treated from him for at least 2 years. If I could gave him for a family doctor, Life would be great! Very trustworthy! The absolute best dr in town.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2013

Dr. George W. Zimmerman's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1987)