Ratings for Dr. John S Shelton

He is a very good doctor who goes the extra distance to find out the problem. His staff is excellent. He is an asset to Denton family practice.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2009

I TOLD MYSELF OVER AND OVER AGAIN THAT I WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO DR. JOHN SHELTON AGAIN, BUT WHEN I GOT VERY SUCK WITH A FLU/COLD I WENT AND SAW HIM (HE HAS BEEN MY FAMILIES DOCTOR FOR 10+YEARS) I WENT AND SAW HIM AND I WAS VERY VERY SICK HE BASICALLY JUST LISTENED TO MY LUNGS AND LOOKED IN MY EARS AND SAID "WOW THATS BAD" AND GIVES ME A ZPAK, THATS IT NO EXPLANATION, NOTHING TO HELP ME WITH MY COUGH. HE HAS TREATED ME DIFFERENTLY ALL BECAUSE MY FATHER HAD A PROBLEM WITH ABUSING NARCOTICS, HE THINKS I JUST WANT TO GET SOME MEDICINE, WHEN REALLY I JUST WANTED TO FEEL LIKE I WASNT DYING. HE DOESNT LISTEN TO ANYTHING YOU SAY, AND HE NEVER HAS. I WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER GO BACK TO HIM AGAIN, IT WAS A WASTE OF MONEY AND I DONT HAVE INSURANCE SO I HAVE TO NOE FIND A DOCTOR WHO WILL ACTUALLY HELP ME OUT. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO HIM UNLESS YOU DONT MIND HAVING HIM DISMISS YOUR PROBLEMS BASED ON PERSONAL BIAS.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2009

Dr. Shelton has been my doctor since 1996. At no time have I ever wanted to change doctors. Dr. Shelton not only is smart and savvy, he has emotional I.Q. and the highest standards for medical care. Dr. Shelton has helped me through some difficult times and I am privileged to know him.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2008

I've been seeing this doctor since about 1990. Always takes time to listen to my concerns. Rarely have had to wait more than 20 or 30 minutes, usually much less than that. Staff is careful they have the right chart. Discovered this the first visit as there was another patient with my same first and last name at the time. Shelton is most concerned with correct treatment -willing to refer to specialists when needed, yet recommends least invasive, less expensive, or even "wait and see" whichever is most appropriate.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2007

Very knowledgeable and helpful. Dr. Shelton listens to patients and gives due consideration to their comments. If you are unable to get into a specialist for a long time, he almost always knows what to do to get you started in the right direction so time is not lost. He is hard to get into because he is very good. He is also used by many of the medical staff at the hospital for their needs. Highly Recommended.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2007

Dr. John S Shelton's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Southwestern Med Ctr At Dallas, Med Sch, Dallas Tx 75235 (Grad. 1979)