Ratings for Dr. Robert MacNeill

I don't even know where to begin. Lets start with a lack of compassion, as far as I'm concerned if you are dealing with people like myself with chronic pain, you should google the word "empathy". Try putting yourself in the shoes of the people you're treating. Every single day is a battle and the last thing we want to hear when we come to you for help is and I quote "SUCK IT UP". I felt belittled, embarrassed, he made me feel like he thought I was lying about my pain. when you start looking in other provinces to be treated for a medical condition, you know we have an issue. since my accident I've been dealing with a series of different Doctors who are all amazing and have helped every step of the way. The main nurse in the department is well trained by him with her attitude as well. Anyone considering going to this man save yourself the time and energy as well as the trauma you mentally feel after a visit with him. STAY STRONG you can get through this!!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

I have a degenerative disease that cause's excruciating pain. The kind of pain that bring's suicide into the equation. He doesn't give a **** about anyone but himself. I've been lied to, mocked,belittled & laughed at. He know's what this disease does to a person & the destruction it causes. He has an oh well blazé attitude & I'll never forgive him for what he said & done to me. There is no excuse for his behavior. He would have made a fine doctor in a gulag concentration camp.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

Well the Medical Students are looking into what our Specialist will be other than General Practice, two extra years now, a bunch considering Pain Management with a Anethesioligist on Board. Maybe a little competition and compassion as we new Docs have family members with different Pain Modalities and one severly disabled. We're not liking what's going on with our Friends and Family Members. Move over Docs, out with the old and in with what Health Care was with our Grandparents! We are reviewing all rate MD to see common problem areas. Sorry you are all going through this. It shouldn't be. We take our Oaths seriously.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

I don’t even kno where to begin with this sorry excuse of a Dr. .. rude is a word that cannot even touch his level .. talks down to you and at one point I was thinking is this man actually a Dr?! I will never go back to this arrogant son of a bi#*<... at the end of my appt he just walked out ... no goodbye have a nice day nothing just left .. I looked at the nurse and said oh I guess were done ... an idiot !!!!!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Arrogance knows no bounds with this man. He does not listen, talks over you, interrupts continuously, never follows through on referrals and openly mocks other doctors opinions on a given medical issue. I, in all honesty, would prefer to take myself or a loved one to a veterinarian, more insight would be gleaned in a less hostile environment.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

Been seeing him for over a year now. Performed 2 procedures on me. I can maybe see where people are coming from-he definitely has a different personality. But I get along great with him, he’s been extremely helpful, and he has increased my quality of life. He tells it like it is. And when it comes to my health, that’s exactly what I want. If you want a hug or a smile, go to church. If he tells you to lose weight, then maybe you should. He sees a lot of patients-I can’t imagine how many of those are hard on a persons head. I don’t complain much. I tell him the facts, he listens to me, I do what he says-or I at least try. And he helps me. His staff is phenomenal. Very kind, helpful and make you comfortable.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Dr macneill is a very good doctor knows what he talking about he tells it like it is no sugar coating I like him

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Very unpleasant person to deal with. This doctor certainly could use some classes in "bedside manner". He does not have an ounce of compassion for his patients, he is very rude, and he is very arrogant!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

I have never encountered anyone so rude and unprofessional. If you are even a little overweight, he makes you feel like you're trash and not good enough to help as he himself could afford to lose some weight. He has no bedside manner and it is like being in an abusive relationship being under his care. Unfortunately, he is the only doctor at the Pain Clinic so you have to endure his verbal abuse. He is an absolute horrible person and one day when he reaches the pearly gates he will be judged just as he judges everyone else.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

A recent encounter with this individual is not what one should expect or have to accept from a so called professional. He is in no way, shape or form in a position of respect or integrity. I have lived a life not as luxurious as he obviously has and likes to let his poor patients know, that he truly believes he is a notch above and better than the people he is supposed to serve. He conducts himself in a very undignified, unprofessional manor. The word Rude isnt strong enough to describe this person. How people like this make it in the real world is beyond me??!!! How he keeps getting a paycheck is way beyond all rationality. So far it's been one visit and all he did was mock me and tell me " I know what I'm doing"... " if you don't buy into my plan, you will fail" ... several times he cut me off and told me to "listen to me, look at me when I'm talking to you because I'm only saying this once". I find it extremely difficult to look at someone when you feel nothing but anger as you sit there and get chastised by someone that is no better than any other person on this planet... if youre reading this Mr.macneil.. my encounter with you will not go away until I speak to someone that commands you and that you receive your paycheck from... hopefully these people can take some of the wind out of those big sails of yours..

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017