Ratings for Dr. Robert MacNeill

I had my first visit with doctor MacNeil and I must say I felt very comfortable his secretary and nurse were very nice doctor macneil was very helpful camo across very sincere I told him off the hop about my pain issues and he listened and said we will work on one pain at a time I did not feel any stress or pressure from him I think I'm going to like him I find if your honest and friendly towards him he will be the same he can only address one thing at a time with each appointment

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

This doctor what many people has previously stated. He has accurately diagnosed my condition where others have failed. Dr MacNeill said I was overweight so I did as he said and lost weight. I feel great.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

This guy is a jerk and I would not recommend him to anyone. I've seen many doctors over the years for a condition which causes me quite a bit of pain. He was very rude and questioned my previous doctors treatment. Arrogant manners and I refuse to return to his empire he's built on the third floor.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Biggest ......... I ever met. He only wants to hear himself. He is a Anesthesiologist which he thinks he is a doctor, he has no right to tell people what is wrong with them when he is not a doctor. Wake up hospital and get someone that really cares and doesn't treat people like they are nothing. He is a Arrogant man.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Very sensitive personality,cuts you off when try to explain how you are experiencing pain.Hehas his own one way questioning if you try to get a word in edgewise he becomes childish and walks out.His nurse then chimes in , you just fucked yourself with him.He then tells your dr. you were cutting him off.Do not expect any professionalism.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I went to see him in Jan. of this year, he was very abrupt and rude. He asked me why i was there and i told him my neck is causing me to have bad migraines, he did not let me finish what i was going to say and said to me,"Pick one," i said,"What do you mean". he said "Pick one, are you here for your neck or are you here for your migraines?" He told me to stand up and face the door and proceeded to say,"Pick 1 spot on your neck that hurts", I said but it's not just 1 spot,"Pick 1 spot only". I was very frustrated, he did not want to hear that Dr.Shimon recommended that i be referred so i can get the nerve blockers injected into the base of my skull. He proceeded to say he respected Dr. Shimon but that since it only worked for a month and a half, that it was a lifestyle change i needed not injections, and that he didn't treat migraines that that was for the neurology department. Which Dr. Shimon is a neurologist. Dr. MacNeill then recommended that i go to his self pain management program., and that because there was a record of me seeing a psychiatrist back in 2010 that i need to see another one.When i put in a complaint with the hospital about him, he denied treating me disrespectfully and nothing will be done about it. He didn't want to listen to anything i said, it was hurry up and get out and blamed everything on my weight, and when i said so what was the causing this when i was skinny? He couldn't answer me. I did not like how he treated me at all and a patient should not be leaving his office in tears like i did.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

This doctor thinks he knows it all, he is very ignorant to his patients. He has no people skills, very arrogant and he doesn't care about his patients. I think he's there just for a paycheck, he is the worst doctor that I have ever met. I would not recommend this doctor to work on an animal let alone a person. He is always right and everyone else doesn't know what they are doing. He is so full of himself it's ridiculous. WORST DOCTOR EVER.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

This doctor has been very helpful to us, my husband suffered a neck injury that was giving him referred pain, and dealing with WCB was the worst. Dr. MacNeill took the time and care to do what he could - he was able to provide some relief (a miracle) to my husband's shoulder pain, and verify that the pain did indeed exist and was neuropathic in nature. He has been with us 100%, willing to get us to who we needed to see, and willing to try available methods (though drastic to some minds) but ensuring we gave them lots of thought and had thorough understanding of the treatments before he would send us for a consult. This man is rushed off his feet with so many patients, I do not envy him. There are not enough pain specialists in NS, so if he is at all brusque it is only due to being constantly in demand. He spoke to us with respect, and we did our homework - understanding your own condition/symptoms is vital.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

I was in labour and this doctor was on call. The nurses contacted MacNeill at home and said that they wanted him to come in and give me an epidural. The nurses informed me that he stated he had a sore back, was tired and wanted him to try other medications before he came in. The nurses administered dilaudid which did not work. He was contacted again and informed them to try something else. I was then given fethynol. That didnt work. He was called again, and instructed them to give me the fethynol again....and again meaning i had that 3 times. I was still deathly in pain so they called him again for the 5th time and he said to try the gas mask. I was given that and it knocked me out. EVentually after hours he came in and was arrogant and annoyed that he had to come in when he was on call ) and downplayed my pain. What a horrible experiance

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

Arrogant,,,poor communication skills. Acts superior....borderline ignorant..

flag | Submitted December 8, 2012