Ratings for Dr. Ormille Hayne

I saw Dr. Hayne for a consult after I was diagnosed with hemochromatosis in 2013. I was lucky that it was caught early, but I wasn't completely immune to the sense of fear and uncertainty that comes with a new diagnosis. I was nervous going in to the appointment, but Dr. Hayne put me at ease immediately. He was thorough, knowledgeable, cheerful, and optimistic. I left trusting everything he told me, and I would return to him in a second.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Dr. Hayne affirmed that I had hemochromatosis,after my doctor at the time sent me to him. he retired and I did not hear anything until around 2 years or more ,after which I pretty well had to get help for this condition myself ,as not many doctor's here in Nova Scotia know much about it ,or don't take it as seriously as they should .

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Dr. Hayne also saved my life 8 years ago. I will be forever thankful for everything he did for me. I honestly felt like I was his only patient and his top priority while in his care.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2012

This man saved my life. I still think of him from time to time and will forever be thankful for his help.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2010

Dr. Hayne was a great doctor. I saw him after being diagnosed with Hodgkins 10 years ago this month. He was efficient and his recieptionest was prompt in getting my additional diagnostic tests scheduled. I agree his retirement is well earned however a loss to the medical community!!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2008

Unfortunately for us Dr. Hayne has retired in June 2007. We are all so sorry for our sake. I am not looking fwd to being under the care of anyone else. He is so compassionate and knowledgeable, he puts you at ease. A great loss to the community.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2007

a 5 rating is not enough for this remarkable man.Make it a 10 at least!He has been treating my husband(now 82) for 17 years now for CLL(leukemia) and always made the right decisions for his care.We are so grateful that he is amongst us and hope he never leaves Halifax.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2007

Seemed to truly care, even about medical problems unrelated to my reason for seeing him. Explains things pretty well too.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2007

where to start,mere words alone can't begin to describe the respect i have for this man.as a doctor,there is no one and i mean noone better than dr. hayne,a true man of honor,knowlege and compassion along with in this humble writers opinion the best doctor for blood disorders in north america,i was dignosed with leukemia in 1993 and alive and well in 2007 thanks to the comittment of this man,he flat out saved my life.so if for anyone who reads this,if you or a family memeber ever need a doctor who specializes in blood disorders,make sure its dr. hayne you request to see

flag | Submitted March 31, 2007

I went to see Dr. Hayne because of my severe anemia, he was pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable. He also discovered a tumor on my thyroid during the office visit, which required immediate attention. He was very caring and made me feel as though my well being was of great importance. I would recommend him without any reservations.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007