Ratings for Dr. James D. Hourigan

I had a difficult pregnancy with many health issues for myself and Dr. Hourigan was SO compassionate and helpful. He delivered my baby and made me feel so at ease and made the experience very memorable . I even planned my induction based on when he was on call! I highly recommend him !!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

I would highly recommend Dr. Hourigan! He is a wonderful doctor who talks of God and cares for his patients.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Dr. Hourigan gave me hope, he was the first doctor to ever sit down and listen to me and actually helped me. I would highly recommend him to any female in need of a caring obgyn

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

Dr.Hourigan is the best in the world and his staff was too. They talked me thought it. He did it in Corbin,Ky. I miss him down here in Corbin,Ky.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013

Dr.Hourigan is a wonderful doctor I had preterm labor and he was wonderful I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

This Dr. has prescribed my sister, who has a history of pre-term labor and has a stitch in her cervix, a medication called Promemetrium. She is 28 weeks pregnant. Here is the link to the side effects of the medication: http://www.rxlist.com/prometrium-drug-patient.htm It says to stop taking immediately and call your doctor if you have "unusual or unexpected vaginal bleeding" and under less serious side effects it says "stomach cramps" can occur. She went to the ER last night because she was bleeding and having cramps/contractions. I feel that the fact that he gave her this medication "to help keep her from going to into labor" is negligent. It even says to tell your doctor is you are pregnant before taking this medication.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

I think Dr. Hourigan is a wonderful doctor. He is very caring and kind. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2008

Dr. Hourigan is very nice and has a good bedside manner. :)

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

I absolutely loved Dr H. He delivered both of my children in 2001 and 2002. Now that I live in NKY and trying for #3, I'm sad to know that he won't be my OB. He was GREAT!!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2007

Dr. James D. Hourigan's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Top Hospitals in Richmond, KY