Ratings for Dr. Gerard Hamilton

I have seen Dr. Hamilton for a sleep disorder. I give him 5 stars. The same goes for his receptionist. She was accommodating and friendly.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

I think Dr. Hamilton is great but Gayle is rude and useless. I have sat there and watched her read a magazine while the phone is ringing. She put me on a waiting list to see the Dr. because I had a constant hacking cough. She called me about 4 weeks later and said I needed to be there in 5 min or I would miss the appointment. I live on the other side of town. She should have been gone a long time ago!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

Words can't express how thankful I am to have such an amazing doctor and be also be cared for by his wife Laura! Dr Hamiliton is very puncitual, and takes the time to really explain things. Gale is a nice warm smile and greeting every time I make it into the office, and is quick to return my call. I almost feel like I'm a favourite ;) Highly recommend this team, they are a special bunch. Melissa W-F.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

if you need a doctor that you can actually see in a reasonable timeline, look elsewhere. Horrible staff.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

I was Dr. Hamilton's 1st patient. He has a cheerful, up-beat sunshine style. His secretary has an admiral work-ethic. She works two jobs! Laura is sweet, kind, accommodating, understanding , empathic. Dr. Hamilton is competent and conscientious. (Only a med.-prof qualified to evaluate.) Dr. Hamilton pioneered preventative, proactive health care with the 22 Sleep-Clinics he supervises. He has not retired nor gone to managed-health- care outfits in the U.S., where docs can play afternoon Golf. Canada's Health-Syst is sick. We do not need fewer docs. Appreciate! Don't denigrate! Leave UR name! Show your face! As we age we have more troubles; just as parts start to go on cars with the kilometers. Approach in a friendly spirit of joint problem-solving! Win-win stuff! My name: Rickey-John Burkitt. (I tried to alert Gayle to this site. Someone showed me it. She may have misunderstood. I wanted her to know others are saying bad things, behind her back!)

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Dr. Hamilton has been my doctor for a very long time and has always been a very knowledgeable and helpful doctor. Unfortunately his receptionist is ruining his reputation. As mentioned in the previous reviews the phones are never answered , it takes months to get an appointment and the receptionist is very rude and arrogant. It might be lack of education on her part for not understanding the urgency of some of the test results or patients concerns but that's no excuse . I have been waiting for over a month for a requisition to be faxed to the radiology department to rule out thyroid cancer. When I called the office to address this I was told to write a letter to Dr Hamilton to discuss my concern.......really????!!! Fortunately the radiology dept has allowed me to fax my own requisitions because they are aware of the poor treatment by Dr Hamilton's staff. This isn't the first time this has occurred and I'm looking into filing a formal complaint with the College of Physicians and Surgons of Ontario. This type of treatment is not acceptable and needs to end.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Dr. Hamilton has been my doctor for over 20 years and I have stuck with him, even after my wife and two daughters bailed a few years ago. I have always believed( maybe kidding myself) that the problem was his handlers and not the good doctor. Even though I still like the man, he needs to do something about the front office staff. I have been trying to get an appointment since April, to no avail. I am lucky to get one in a hundred phone calls answered and when i do get through there is always an excuse as to why the receptionist can't make that appointment for me. Some of the reasons I have gotten since April are: I need to speak with him first but he is out of the office, or He is on vacation now and I will call you when I talk to him, or (2 weeks later) he is not back yet, or(2 weeks later) there is a nurse here this afternoon you can see her if you come in right now. I explained that it was in regards to the results of a blood test that he ordered in March and I had concerns about(I had seen a copy of the results). I called several times again today....... no luck. Better chance of winning the lottery. I am now in the process of looking for a different Doctor. E.B.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

Dr. Hamilton is not only kind and knowledgeable but quite compassionate. His ability to diagnosis difficult problems is superior.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Would never recommend this doctor to anyone. Most disrepectful nurse and receptionist I've ever dealt with. And Dr. Hamilton just doesn't seem to put the same amount of care into patients as he used to. Very neglectful.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

I've been going to Dr. Hamilton for a number of years and contrary to some of the reviews I've read, I've always found Gayle and Dr. Hamilton, courteous, helpful and very accommodating. My requests have always been responded to in a timely fashion and my care has been very good, but then again, I've always been them respectfully and have been thankful for their assistance, consideration and care.

Submitted March 23, 2015