Ratings for Dr. Andrea Brkovich

I have known her for a few years. I go to her because I wanted to see a woman Gyno. All others are male I was told in my city.. I have a complicated situation as I have other health issues such as immune problems and high liver enzymes so I opted not to be on birth control. My periods are irregular sure but I am 44 now and if I don't have any periods I don't see the problem. I don't plan on having kids at my age and I am single and don't date. I got a call about a follow up to a biopsy and I thought of it must be serious but then on the phone the only thing I was asked about was if I was going to have an implanted birth control and that was never even talked about at any of my appointments so I was surprised. Well I guess there was nothing wrong with my biopsy and she just wanted to do a follow up.. Worried for nothing.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

I am surprised to see some of these comments and reviews on here. I have had nothing but an outstanding (as much as a Gynecologist appointment can be) experience with Dr. Brkovich. While the office is occasionally behind (book in the mornings!), that is to be expected to some extent with an OBGYN office. She has been nothing but extremely helpful, diligent, and wonderful with me and the care of my body.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Don't let her near you. Get another opinion. This woman is clueless.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I'm going to start off by saying this: Before my initial appointment with Dr. Brkovich, I came on here and read her reviews. Needless to say I was scared and unwillingly wanting to see her, but I decided to anyways because I was in so much pain and didn't want to wait longer to see another doctor. And, in summary, was not disappointed the slightest. As you read the reviews on here, it's very easy to tell that a lot of them aren't good. Whether they're completely accurate and true, that's up to you to decide. As I said, they almost led me away from seeing her, but I'm glad they didn't. Dr. Brkovich is just that - a doctor. She's not there to hold your hand and mother you. She's there to do her job. Whether you like what she has to tell you or not, that's too bad - she's a doctor, and you're obviously there to see her because there's something wrong with you. I went in her for symptoms and she set my up an appointment for a laparoscopy, which led to my diagnosis of Endometriosis. During my consultation/initial appointment, she was wanting to know every possible detail about what I've been going through. And on the day of the surgery, she was very concerned about my pain level and making sure I was comfortable. In summary, I would recommend Dr. Brkovich to anybody. She was so wonderful, and like I said, she's a doctor. Whether you like what she has to tell you, that's her job. Suck it up.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

My experience with Dr. Brkovich was similar. I only saw her once and when i explained that another doctor put me on HRT therapy for the beginning symptoms of menopause, it was quickly dismissed as useleness. She asked me if it has helped a bit but i only at the beginning of menopause and she said get off of it. The risks are worse than the benefits. She never offered any better solution. Now i put off as long as possible before i see her again. I too feel like i am bothering her.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

After reading all these reviews i was already a bit weary... Word to the wise. Dont get lost. Don't be even 30 seconds late to your appointment or they'll close early. Literally drove like a lunatic trying to get here on time *im 18 and dont know the area so i got lost* only to walk up and find them closed....

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Some of these ratings are so far off base from my experience with Dr. Brkovich. She's been my doctor for a few years now, I believe I started seeing her around 17 and am now 20. I struggled with irregular cells for a long time, so I had to have several colonoscopies to monitor my changes. After every procedure I bled a lot and became extremely light headed. Dr. Brkovich and her staff were amazing and so accommodating! Allowed me to lay down as long as I needed, checked up on me often to make sure I wasn't going to be sick or pass out, and even brought me snacks to maintain my blood sugar as I was so woozy. Dr. Brkovich is of course a busy woman, as many doctors and only has a limited amount of time to spend with her patients, but she would personally always check up on me when ever she got the chance. Again, some of these reviews are so completely different than my experience, I'm very happy and comfortable with her and find her staff to be friendly and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

My experience with Dr Brkovich wasn't as good as I'd hoped. She doesn't explain much and was always in the rush to leave. I always felt like a bother if I ever asked her any questions. I didn't feel comfortable with her. She was cold. I was never excited to go to her appointments because I thought it was pointless... I would rather google all of my questions and sometimes google explains even better! 6 weeks postpartum and I had to experience the worst Pap test by her... it was so painful that I was sore for a couple days.. I would not recommend her to anyone. It was my worst first experience with this Dr brkovich.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

worst doctor in the windsor essex area, more interested in her workout regimin than she is with the quality of care administered to her patients, put it like this; an angel is now in heaven ripped out of the arms of his parents because she didnt pass on crucial information about a severe infection that had took a babys life in the saddest of ways a parent can experience. there is no justice on this earth however, justice will be faced by all at the time of judgement.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

One of her staff is so snobby and extremely rude. Dr herself seemed ok but refused to do a pap and kept pushing me to have a hysterectomy even though I had mentioned that later on I would love to have children, and I am only in my mid 20's. That did not sit well with me.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016