Ratings for Dr. Andrea Brkovich

It is hard to find Dr. Brkovich, no answer at all. No test results getting back to patient. I guess she just totally forgot.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

I was referred to her for severe pelvic pain and she refused to look at any other diagnosis except endometriosis. She didn't want to do any tests, barely asked me questions, and was adamant that I needed surgery to see if it was endo. I asked her what the next steps would be if she didn't find endo, she said then I would just manage my pain. I flat out asked her if what she was saying was that the only cause of pain in my lower abdomen must be endo. She said it could be another organ, but then I wouldn't be seeing her. Getting a second opinion. DON'T TAKE HER WORD AT FACE VALUE.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Brkovich after not having the best experience with another gynecologist. For every one of my appointments the front staff are very kind and have taken me in early. When I had an emergency, the nurse on the phone was extremely helpful and they got me in ASAP. Dr. Brkovich herself is polite and professional, she picked up on something down there immediately that my previous gyno had somehow missed. Like others have mentioned however, this doctor is a specialist and like the majority of specialists she is not going to coddle you. That being said though, I've never felt like she is being cold and distant. She is there to do her job, not be your friend. My one and only complaint is that she did not talk through the process going on down there and all of a sudden there's a speculum in and the IUD out (which doesn't necessarily hurt but is a bit of shocking feeling). Aside from that I am looking forward to continue seeing Dr. Brkovich.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

Saw her to request a hysterectomy because of life long issues. She wanted to treat me for a condition she suspects I have but do not have a diagnosis of. Also suggested a preemptive mastectomy because I may have BRCA but didn’t test me for that either. Was very rough with the PAP and dismissed my requests for the course of treatment I desired (hysterectomy, complete), while pushing an IUD.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

They first time I went she was very kind and listened to everything I had to say. I really enjoyed my visit. The second time I went she was very cold and barely made eye contact with me. She seemed very rushed and didn't even care to hear what I had to say. I mentioned to her that I may be pregnant and all she said was wait a few weeks and take a test. She did not bother to examine me or anything. Now I wonder if she was so attentive my first appt. to draw me in. I am going to get a refferal for another OB.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2018

Dr. Brkovitch makes it easy to go to appointments. The appointment is amazingly on time. This is rare in medicine. Thank you! She has, at each appointment been professional, kind, sincere and helpful. I can ask any number of questions and she is happy to answer them all and does not rush me. I thank you for your kindness, assistance and professionalism. Her staff is friendly and helpful. That tells me that they enjoy their work environment and so must also be experiencing kind treatment from Dr. Brkovitch and associates. Thank you.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I have known her for a few years. I go to her because I wanted to see a woman Gyno. All others are male I was told in my city.. I have a complicated situation as I have other health issues such as immune problems and high liver enzymes so I opted not to be on birth control. My periods are irregular sure but I am 44 now and if I don't have any periods I don't see the problem. I don't plan on having kids at my age and I am single and don't date. I got a call about a follow up to a biopsy and I thought of it must be serious but then on the phone the only thing I was asked about was if I was going to have an implanted birth control and that was never even talked about at any of my appointments so I was surprised. Well I guess there was nothing wrong with my biopsy and she just wanted to do a follow up.. Worried for nothing.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

I am surprised to see some of these comments and reviews on here. I have had nothing but an outstanding (as much as a Gynecologist appointment can be) experience with Dr. Brkovich. While the office is occasionally behind (book in the mornings!), that is to be expected to some extent with an OBGYN office. She has been nothing but extremely helpful, diligent, and wonderful with me and the care of my body.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Don't let her near you. Get another opinion. This woman is clueless.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I'm going to start off by saying this: Before my initial appointment with Dr. Brkovich, I came on here and read her reviews. Needless to say I was scared and unwillingly wanting to see her, but I decided to anyways because I was in so much pain and didn't want to wait longer to see another doctor. And, in summary, was not disappointed the slightest. As you read the reviews on here, it's very easy to tell that a lot of them aren't good. Whether they're completely accurate and true, that's up to you to decide. As I said, they almost led me away from seeing her, but I'm glad they didn't. Dr. Brkovich is just that - a doctor. She's not there to hold your hand and mother you. She's there to do her job. Whether you like what she has to tell you or not, that's too bad - she's a doctor, and you're obviously there to see her because there's something wrong with you. I went in her for symptoms and she set my up an appointment for a laparoscopy, which led to my diagnosis of Endometriosis. During my consultation/initial appointment, she was wanting to know every possible detail about what I've been going through. And on the day of the surgery, she was very concerned about my pain level and making sure I was comfortable. In summary, I would recommend Dr. Brkovich to anybody. She was so wonderful, and like I said, she's a doctor. Whether you like what she has to tell you, that's her job. Suck it up.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017