Ratings for Dr. Catherine L. Dean

Amazing kindness and heart, though now she has passed she will be missed. I simply do not understand the negative comments, Love her and all her work. Not to mention that reviews can be made without being hurtful and demeaning, sad if her kids or family were to read this about a passed loved one. Once again love her and all her work.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I went about 5 times. The usual wait is 2-3 hours before you see her. Getting any information from the office is near impossible with a complicated website and phone system. The worst part is that once you leave, you can't get your records by signing a release form from your new doctor. You have to go on their website, download forms and pay a fee of $22 plus .52 cents a page......highway robbery for your own records.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

In my opinion, this it not a great office/doctor. Wait times were too long if you work and have anything else to do that day. I showed up for one appointment and was informed it was cancelled. They also messed up the billing. They made me pay up front for a well woman exam b/c the card was in my husband's name b/c he was the insured. They said they would file the claim and reimburse me, which they did not. She did an outpatient surgery on me and I would not have her do another one. There's plenty of doctors to choose from so I just went elsewhere.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

I have been going to her for over 15 years and only recently have i realized that she is a terrible doctor. I accepted a lot of things I shouldn't have because I felt like I knew her and trusted her. I have never gotten in and out of her office in less than 2 hours. Ever! Most of her staff are rude, cold & turnover is high! She seems to be more worried about lining her pocket over patient care. She refuses to precribe generic birth control because her opinion is they are not reliable. Even when you tell her you can't afford brand name - she thinks handing you a free sample one or twice a year will help! Not when I could be getting a generic for FREE! I just called to get my records transferred & got a bill for $200! I have also found out if you try to call her after hours number you will be charged a consult fee that your insurance won't cover! That is terrible patient care and not a doctor i want to rely on. I don't trust her

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

I have walked out on appointments because it would be over an hour past the appointment time before I was seen. I went to Dr. Dean for 12 years and now am changing doctors. Her phone system doesn't work properly. If you leave a message, either they don't get it or they don't return your call. She is abrupt and though I was okay with this when I was younger, I have less patience for it now. Their billing system is a joke. Billing had issues with an insurance claim. I worked with them to straighten it out and then a year later I get a phone call from a collections agency. This practice and doctor are very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

Horrible service. Can't get through to anyone, no one returns your phone calls. Dr. Dean will not see you unless all upaid balances are paid, even if you have insurance and the paperwork is being processed. Got a call on a Friday night at 6:15pm telling me I had to pay $250 or I could not attend my appointment the next day. How was I supposed to speak with my insurance carrier and get things worked out by the next morning? Dr. Dean seemed strange and only interested in money. She wanted you to come into the office and see her when she or someone at the office could tell you over the phone. I was told to come in for my appointment even though my insurance was still working on the paperwork for my prior visits. The doctor refused to see me, come out into the empty waiting room. I had a biopsy done and she refused to give me the results! Also the receptionist mentioned arthritis when looking in my file and I have never had any arthritis problems and the doctor never said I had arthitis!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

this was the worst experience of my life. I found out I was 5 months pregnant and found out my baby had severe abnormalities and was advised to termniate the pregnancy. Dr. dean was the one who did the procedure. I was crying because it hurt she told me to quiten down. She would not allow me an epideral for hours I'm not sure why. She even decided to tell me that my baby was now dead inside me. She's a horrible doctor.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2011

I just found this site. I used to see Dr Dean in mid 2000s. I never even saw her until 2 years into going - always her nurse practitioners who were pretty nice. Once I saw her is when the hell began. She is rude, insensitive and really should not be meeting with the public. She really doesnt like women who dont want to get pregnant. I came in once with a problem. She immediately asked if I had been sleeping around which was like a slap in the face. She also misdiagnosed me. I was so traumatized I never confronted her. I go to another doctor now who proved to me with a blood test that I didnt have herpes like she told me I did. The woman is a menace and should not be practicing medicine. And I do not have an agenda other then wanting a caring doctor and timely appts. She was always late at least an hour or more and so were the NP women.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2010

When I first went in the office, they took about 45 minutes taking a complete health history (which they told me about ahead of time). Then the doctor came in and reviewed the history and asked questions to fill in the blanks. Afterwards we discussed what I was there for and what she would be doing. She was informed, caring and completely professional. Probably the best experience with this type of doctor that I have had. The staff is good too, they did inform me that on certain days the doctor is doing surgeries and therefore the wait may be long if there are complications, but gave me the option of picking a non-surgical day. Occasionally the staff will have their own conversations at the desk while they work up your bill, and you are left feeling put out somewhat, but nothing to complain too much about. The doctor has referred me to other doctors to take care of certain problems that I have had and all of them have been exceptionally professional and good. I will continue to see her

flag | Submitted November 17, 2009

Dr. Catherine L. Dean's Credentials

• Univ Of Mo-Kansas City Sch Of Med, Kansas City Mo 64108 (Grad. 1983)

Assurant