Ratings for Dr. Michael Damus

He does not care at all about his patients. My 5 month old niece was having a hard time breathing puking up mucus, had a fever and lethargic. He didn't even listen to her breathing. He said she had a cold and didn't have a fever. My sister said she was burning up and demanded they take her temp again. Sure enough she had a fever. Order a chest X-ray and told her it was clear and sent her home. An hour later the oncologist called her and said she had pneumonia to come bring her back in this is at 11pm. My sister is not from this town but said she feels sorry for the residents who have him as a doctor 😓

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

one of the worst doctor ever waited over 2 hours to be told it's almost the end of his shift, so he apparently chooses to not see patients while on shift if it's close to the end guess he has lined his pockets enough sitting at his desk.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Dear god avoid this physician. I have had two encounters with him, both absolutely terrible. He's just awful. I work at a hospital and have never encountered a health care professional with such an overwhelming lack of knowledge and interest in his work. Have already launched a formal complaint with the College of Surgeons and Physicians. STAY AWAY

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Dr. Damus is my family doctor and is absolutely wonderful with my husband, son and I. He took me on as his patient when I was three months pregnant and has always shown us respect, support and compassion. Unlike other doctors at the Uxbridge Cottage Hospital and surrounding area, he isn't dismissive when answering concerns and questions and follows-up with his patients when there is a serious concern. I trust him with my pride and joy and would fully recommend him and his expertise. He also has never poorly diagnosed; rushed an examination or provided wrong medical advice for any of my family or myself. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Dr. Damus has always should compassion and understanding when myself or my children are sick

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I have been with Dr.Damus since I was 19. I am 32 now and have followed him around. I remember when he had some "interesting " staff. But he has always been the absolute best. He has never pushed medications on me and no matter what has happened to me, he always knows. I love that he takes time to be personal and ask you how you really are. I am very proud of him and his accomplishments and I hope that I never have to see another Dr. Thanks Dr.Damus for being such an amazing Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. D since I was 10 years old, I'm now 27. He has jumped through hoops for me and my family. For 2 years, he worked with my mother to find out why I was so 'large', when he finally sent me to see Dr. Arnold and specialist and at 14 I was diagnosed with Poloycystic Ovarian syndrome and then he said to see this other specialist to get things under control. When it was under control, I've gone to him each time I've had a concern. This past Dec (2014) my father and I were suffering from something, and he sent me to get blood work done to see if my White Blood Count was high enough; clearly it was because he didn't get in touch with me. He had me go for an ultrasound and other blood work about a year ago. I had expected him to call me, but when I asked, he explained he doesn't make phone calls unless he needs to. IE No news is good news! He told me what he found out, which I was surprised about, but again, it was good news. My insulin was good, and my ovaries a little larger than average, but explained that's normal for a woman with PCOS. About 3 years ago, i brought him some pills that had my name on them and couldn't remember what they were for. I had asked him, and he literately pulled out a book in front of me and looked up the pills... they were to treat Parkinson and didn't know why I was taking them either. I've been squeezed in to see him for a number of reasons and hasn't told me to do something, if he feels it won't do me any good! He's very plight, kind person, and yes there have been hiccups (He thought I was diabetic at first) and I feel like he's bent over backwards for me! The one thing I dislike, actually has to do with the Office itself. I don't know if I'm just calling at the wrong time, but it seems each time I need to make an appointment, i cannot call the office, I have to walk in and make the appointment which is really inconvenient.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

I have been this doctor's patient for 11 years. Over that time he has almost never given me a prescription without a mistake. He often seems disinterested. I am not at all impressed with his knowledge. I can say that he is usually very pleasant, and punctual. The staff is excellent. My wife switched to another doctor, telling this one that he was "the worst doctor" that she'd ever had. I cannot disagree with her. I rarely see him anymore, and would switch doctors also, but that would mean seeking out another doctor outside of this Health Clinic. I stay because of convenience.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

I have been a patient of his for years ONLY because I rarely need to see a Doctor...thankfully...This guy has no personality, he questioned me one time about blood tests I requested, telling me that the health system was not there to do that kind of work "just because I want it",I was so pissed off I could have punched him ...as if its easy to ask your Dr. for blood tests because you have been sexually active, its ignorance like his that will help diseases spread!!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

for my first physical when i was 18, my family doctor, Dr damus..... he used hand sanitizer (alcohol based) as lubrication on the speculum for my first pap test. there was no female present when he inserted the speculum. my vagina was instantly on fire i started to cry and then scream i had never felt pain like that before. dr. damus realizing what he had done quickly got up, told me to wipe up in the sink and TOOK the hand sanitizer from the room and did not return. i left the walk in clinic in uxbridge with my inner vagina on fire- like getting hand sanitizer in a cut it stings...but its your vagina. i ran home screaming across town, i made it to my shower but that did not stop the pain. i had black bloody chunks coming out as discharge for the following month. i was violated. i could not have sex for 7 months and when i could i had so much discomfort. 8 years later & i have no closure. i confronted him after just wanting an apology not to ruin his doctor career. he denies it all

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013