Ratings for Dr. Liam Orrell

Was not in tune with my family,did more harm than good

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I have been Liam Orrell's patient for well over 30 years, since he first started his practice. I trust him implicitly and always value his opinion. What other doctor always makes time for you so quickly you can see him the next day, even though he has a very heavy patient load? He doesn't push medication on you, and I really like that. He tells me to lose weight, and he's right. He does this because he cares, and he tells me this. He is a wonderful doctor and a very good man.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I've been going to see him for 20 years and I've never had a problem. I've been there more than I should've been for a person of my age and every time, he's extremely patient and has never rushed me out. Anyone who thinks that they he isn't helpful or is mean rather wants his to prescribe them something that they don't need, is playing doctor and wants him to stroke their ego by telling them they're right or just doesn't like what the doctor has to say.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

He has been my family doctor for 30 plus years one of the most arrogant and ignorant doctors i have ever met. Rushes you out of his office before your even done explaining whats wrong with you. Ive had to beg him yes beg him many times for tests everything is your fine go home. I often will go a long time as someone else here said with symptoms because of the anxiety of seeing him. Worst doctor ever no compassion at all very rude. Wish i could switch to another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Absolutely terrible. The most he will do is give you Advil. The usual response to your problem is "you're fine go home". His usual diagnosis is that you're just overweight and nothing else is wrong. I would absolutely switch doctors if there were others available!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Dr. Orrell has been our family Doctor for many years. He is a very kind compassionate person who is always available when needed. We are very privileged to have appointments within a day of booking and same day if there is an urgent issue. He has given us knowledge to handle the simple medical problems that may not always need immediate professional attention. Our family are extremely satisfied to have Dr Orrell and his Staff in our lives.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

I am very lucky I have Dr.Liam Orrell as my Doctor..he is the best ..I was sick last week and this doctor called me every day to see how I was coping ..I had a few doctors but none that showed such caring ..he is never to busy to see you and takes time with you in his office ..I'm very lucky to have him in my life .

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

I am about to become a senior citizen and I have had experience with many doctors. Several years ago I had the good fortune to become a patient of Dr. Liam Orrell. He always takes his time, checks my pressure and shows interest in anything that concerns me. I am one of those who have been told to lose 20 lbs and I know that he is absolutely right. Any MD who does not advise an over weight person or a smoker to smarten up would be irresponsible. He does not suffer fools lightly, is a straight shooter and the doc for me.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Dr. Orrell has been my doctor since I was 16 years old. When my family and I returned from living in the west for 8 years, he welcomed us (3 of us) as his patients at a time when finding a family doctor in Sydney was very difficult. He is knowledgeable, efficient and level headed. He is a straight shooter and calls "a spade a spade". Personally, that's one of the things I respect about him. Dr. Orrell became my parents doctor late in their lives when their doctor moved away and their health was rapidly failing. He treated my Mom and Dad with expertise and dedication. He is a thoughtful man who hand delivered a prescription to my father at home early one Saturday morning. I tell many people that story. Dr. Orrell will never promise to "fix" your every ailment and he will be honest with you, even if it's not what you want to hear in the moment. He was the first face I saw at my father's wake and the first one I saw at my mother's wake. He may never know how much that meant to our entire family. Dr. Orrell cares about his many patients and we are grateful to have him as our doctor!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

I used to like him but after numerous times of asking for blood work to be done or a referral to a specialist for ongoing issues he would always say well when did you become a doctor to self diagnose ...then would say well I want to see you in 2 days and we will go from there. I wish I could get another doctor! oh and I must mention if you bring coffee or are a friend you get in right away you never have to wait!!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015