Ratings for Dr. Thomas Mechas

Dr Mechas, while not my primary OB, delivered my first baby via c-section, has treatmented me while admitted during my pregnancies, performed a DNC, and has seen me on various occasions in the office. He is wonderful and very knowledgeable!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Excellent in patient care..limited wait time. consulted with associates to give best possible solution to my problem.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

This OB is most certainly NOT my favorite. I am sur he is a good OB or he would not be in practice. BUT I was seeing him for my multiples and (in which he considers multiples his 'side project' because he has a set of twins) I was mortified with the care. My blood pressure shot up to 160/102 (my baseline is 116/68 pre pregnancy!) and I was sent to the ER (from the urgent care center) where I was put on medication. The next day Dr. Mechas took me off of them because he wanted to see what my BP does without medications :( I agreed and trusted him. I began having severe headaches Tylenol and ice packs wouldn't get rid of. *I was seen and nothing done. It was "hormones". This went on to severe morning sickness, pitting in my legs and ankles and on to chest pains. He never listened to me and said I had an underlying BP problem. So he left it untreated. I immediately switched dr's when I discovered his office had completely missed the TRIPLET I was carrying. In which I had lost.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2009

was very compassionate and professional. Very knowledgeable

flag | Submitted February 5, 2007

Dr. Thomas Mechas's Credentials

• Univ De Montreal, Fac De Med, Montreal, Que, Canada (Grad. 1986)