Ratings for Dr. Robert Pineau

He disregarded my Drs diagnoses completely as a result my condition became much more serious. Waste of time.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I know Dr Pineau personally and have for many years and I can assure you that he is an excellent emergency room doctor. You nutcases writing poor reviews make me laugh - "he had poor bedside manner" - it's an emergency room!!! Maybe a child just died during emergency surgery 5 minutes before you walked in with the sniffles. And you have the audacity to go here and tarnish his reputation because he wasn't telling knock knock jokes! Dr. Pineau cares about people. He takes his job seriously and I know how hard he worked to do what he does. He could have gone into any area of medicine he wanted, many much more lucradive and less stressful than being an emergency room doctor, but he CHOSE to work ALL HOURS in an emergency room so that he could SAVE LIVES! And he wears shorts and doesn't sign charts sometimes because that way he can get around faster and SAVE MORE LIVES. He is a hero and you people posting frivilous negative coments should be ashamed of yourselves.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

poor DR I might as well have stayed home no assessment my daughter had high fever complaining of neck pain could not even move ger neck could not eat or drink for days and he simply blew us off in ER asked if my daughter had fallen on her neck what kid falls on her neck?? with all the otger symptoms. saidnto give tylenol and advil which i already told him werent helping and she should be good to go. this was all after waiting hours to see him. left tgere very unsatisfied and drove to espanola to find a lot vetter treatment they were concerned my daughter had meningitis and tested her formeverything. will take the 45min drive to espanola if hebis the emerge DR that day.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

I would not recommend this Dr. He dismissed my husband curtly without taking a proper history. He ignored him completely. i found a very poor bedside manner. I didn't think he knew what he was doing

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I have had many dealings with Dr. Pineau in the ER as I am an RN there and I think he is an excellent physician. He treated my son and daughter excellent when there were sick. He was quick with rehydration therapy and blood work for my son. He also gave me things to look for in my other children to know when they needed to seek treatment. I would recommend this physician.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010

As an RN working in the ER (with Dr.Pineau I might add) I know when and when NOT to come to the ER. I brought my son in for severe dehydration (5 days... yes.. 5 days without drinking or eating) and a fever over 40C while on Tylenol and Advil. He slept all day long. Coughing until he puked. Pineau did NOTHING... no blood work, no IV rehydration, no chest x-ray, not even a urine test or complete assessment. Told me I should know better than to bring my son in for a fever. WHAT??? I had respect for him until then. Now I wish I didn't have to work with him ever again. Regardless if it was viral (and did not require antibiotics), my son NEEDED IV rehydration because he wouldn't or couldn't keep oral fluids in. We do more for a lot less minor things... even heart burn symptoms get a complete cardiac work-up and my son didn't get anything. There are a lot better ER docs in our dept and if I wasn't so upset, I would have came in again and asked to see one of them for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2009

This Dr. was un-professional. No bedside manners. Walking in shorts. Asked very little questions, was in a hurry and when he left did not sign his name to chart. Nurses had to find which Dr. had dealt with me. If he's the son of Dr. Pineau who lived in Kapuskasing...he does not measure up to his father.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2007