Ratings for Dr. Suja Sukumar

I appreciate her because she was the one to discover I'm prediabetic. I'd just had blood work done w/another physician who hadn't spotted it. However, during the initial examination I told her I wanted to lose weight. She responded, why. I'm African American. Perhaps she was thinking that you look okay in comparison to other women of your same culture. But that wasn't the point. I knew I'd just gained all this weight after being newly married. I think due to the weight gain I'm now prediabetic. I wanted her for my doctor. I was looking for a doctor. She seems to be a little defensive. With time she may gain confidence thereby alleviating the need to defend. As I said, I'm glad she discovered my prediabetic state.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

OK, but not great. Wasn't very knowledgeable about my specific condition so wasn't very helpful. She also ran a test that, although inexpensive, could never have yielded what we were looking for. If she had leveled with me and told me the truth---that there are no tests for my condition---I would have more respect for her. But her not telling me suggests that she didn't know. I would look elsewhere unless you have a very general problem.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

Dr. Suja Sukumar's Credentials

• Med Coll, Calicut Univ, Calicut, Kerala, India (Grad. 1992)

Ameritas