Ratings for Dr. Thomas C. Suits

Worst doctor in Martin County. Dr. Suits watched my mother deteriorate for 3 years as kidney cancer was sucking the life out of her. When her GP finally diagnosed her she had lost 25 lbs, was urinating 50 times a day with blood and was sweating out a gallon per night in bed.... We now understand all the symptomology she was displaying were red flags as kidney cancer but Suits was apparently more interested in his golf swing than his patient. When her GP ordered a cat scan, he discovered a tumor as big as her kidney. From what we now know, you "urologist" if you have one is employed to analyze, recognize, diagnose and treat ailments regarding kidney function above all else, as the kidneys excrete urine..... Urologist... Urine.... This quack Dr. Suits was treating my mom for recurring urinary trac infections and she developed and grew a very large tumor while in his care. 2 law firms wanted the case, but my poor mom really didn't want to go through the nightmare of a lawsuit.... My folks and I are now dealing with recurring metastasis and now multiple surgeries. We feel lucky to have found some doctors who actually know what's going on and are helping us navigate this hard road. Had Suits recognized, tested for or really just paid attention to the symptoms my mother was explaining, she may have been diagnosed well before her stage 4 status. The kicker here, is after her GP diagnosed the tumor, suits office actually had the audacity to schedule a nephrectomy with the hospital and Suits office called my mom to let her know when her surgery was scheduled for...... That was over the top. I wouldn't place my dog in the care of this man and if you read this, I recommend going elsewhere. Dr Golman in Jupiter performed a state of the art davinci extraction of kidney and tumor. Suits was actually planning a radical old school nephrectomy which patients over 70 have a 40% chance of never fully recovering from. Dr suits, you failed my mom and my family.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

I am currently a patient of Dr. Suits'. I must say that 9-10 years ago, I was hit with a medical situation that slowly CONSUMED, and DESTROYED my life, as it was, and my life (was) REAL GOOD. This was, as the result (my opinion), of talented, but uncaring, rushed, self-centered, ESOTERIC physicians, and their "renound" hospitals, who (my opinion) over, and over, as my medical situation spiraled downward, took FULL ADVANTAGE of my fear, anxiety, and cascading loss of hope by "doing what they do", which is (my opinion), SELL the MOST PROFITABLE option they can, regardless if it helps, or HURTS you, in the long run, w/out taking your "life, and lifestyle" into any consideration at all. These "renound" DR's, and facilities (my opinion) DESTROYED my life w/surgery after surgery, procedure after procedure, PREYING on my false hope(my opinion) like used car salesmen/women, JUST FOR THE MOST PROFITABLE OUTCOME, and when complications followed, they "shuffled" me, to other specialties, etc., to deal w/ the problems THEY caused! (my opinion). Getting help from problems post-BIG MONEYsurgery/procedures, became) (for me) like trying to get the president to call you back to/help/discuss/solve them. (Can anyone relate?). Nevertheless, I am a very broken, frequently very sick, very complicated person, who is often not anything resembling an "easy patient" to help/diagnose/treat, due to 14 operations, and the slow, systemic breakdown of my body, and it's organs, over the last 10 years. MANY, if not MOST Dr's, become (in my opinion) short, curt, unwilling to listen, rude, and ESOTERIC in nature w/me, as I am "taking too much of their time", and "I've got other patients to see", and I often get NO HELP, or I'm just "referred" elsewhere, so they (my opinion) can continue to see 6 people an hour. Dr. SUITS IS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF THIS. HE IS ONE OF THE "very few" EXCEPTIONS TO THIS "MEDICAL RULE"! This man has been compassionate, caring, extremely empathetic, understanding, SO KIND, and has not only been taking care of my urological problems, (starting with the LEAST INVASIVE/TRAUMATIC solutions FIRST), and then, if the problem is not completely resolved, he has moved CAREFULLY on with the appropriate testing, office visits to discuss, (REALLY DISCUSS), the next options IN DETAIL with me. (W/Dr. suits, this has included not just the "urological" best and worst case scenario, but how one option vs another will ALTER, OR CHANGE, (for the better or worse) ME, AS A PERSON, A HUMAN BEING, SOMETHING TO BE CARED FOR, and FULLY INFORMED. and we go from there. This man, has treated me first and foremost, ALWAYS, (I believe), with the intention of the part of the Dr's oath (i think) of"FIRST, AND MOST IMPORTANT, DO NO HARM TO THIS MAN". He takes all the time i need to UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING, does not ever rush me, IS INCREDIBLY RESPECTFUL, and UNBELIEVABLY KNOWLEDGEABLE. (not only in urology, but in MY entire body, and how changes to any part of it, can affect other functional "systems" as a whole, and again, TAKES ALL THE TIME I NEED TO FULLY UNDERSTAND the knowledge he has spent 33 years accumulating. I can 100% HONESTLY say, that I TOTALLY TRUST THIS MAN ENOUGH TO PUT MY LIFE (if it were necessary), IN HIS EXTREMELY CAPABLE HANDS. (and, for me, with my x-perience w/the "medical community", that doesn't come easily). Dr Thomas Suits is one of the finest Dr's, as well as one of the finest human beings, I have ever had the privilege to know. (If anyone thinks this is some kind of "internet advertising), (as I understand skepticism MORE than most), I have no problem speaking to anyone, about what i have just wrote. Of course, I can only speak of MY feelings, and of course, nothing "specific" that involves Dr. suits, or his staff, as I'm pretty sure that's not legal (HIPPA, ya-know), lol. That being said, anyone can call me, a patient of an extremely fine Dr., anytime. My phone number is 772-345-9665. Best of health, E___.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

I have been under Dr. Suits care for over ten years. There were times when wait time was more than 15 minutes, usually when he was in morning surgery, other times because he spends time with patients as needed and juat as with some of my appointments it has taken a bit longer than scheduled. This is good when a Doctor is more interested in thoroughness than moving patients through quickly.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

An overall poor experience starting with being on hold for over ten minutes while trying to make the appointment. At the office waiting longer than 45 minutes to see the doctor. Once in the examining room another 15 minute wait before seeing the doctor. The doctor is a nice elderly chap that ordered a battery of tests. On subsequent visits more tests, procedures and prescriptions. When I returned to my home in the north I saw another doctor. His diagnosis was correct. In a few days I was feeling much better.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Excellent, recommend this Doctor 100 percent.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

DR. SUITS IS THE BEST UROLOGIST EVER!!!!! HE SAVED MY HUSBANDS LIFE WE DONT HAVE MUCH MONEY AND HE WORKED WITH US EVERY STEP OF THE WAY TO GET RID OF THE CANCER. HE IS DEFINATELY A BLESSING. HE CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS TRULY CARES LIKE NO OTHER DR. ME OR MY HUSBAND HAVE EVER SEEN (WHICH AT THIS AGE IS ALOT) WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO EVERYONE HE IS TRULY THE BEST.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

I have been operated on by several top urologists, and Dr. Suite is one of the best. In addition to medical competence, he relates well in doctor-patient relationships and explanations. I am amazed by several negative reports, as I have been under his regular care for over two years.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

flag | Submitted October 30, 2010

I found Dr. Suits very competent and certainly would have continued to see him if he had not dropped my insurance plan. He spent as much time as necessary with me and I never perceived him to be anxious to move on to the next patient. He also was willing to talk to me at respectful level and did not treat me like an idiot as most physicians are prone to do. He did seem to push procedures that he practiced to the exclusion of other viable alternatives that he did not do. I would return to Dr. Suits practice if he resumed accepting my employer provided insurance.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009

Great staff and Dr. Su was extremely patient and took the time to answer all my questions.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2009

Dr. Thomas C. Suits's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1983)

Top Hospitals in Stuart, FL