Ratings for Dr. Martin Withers

I thought he was a great doctor before he started working at rapids. Now I am looking for a new doctor. We're lucky if we can get in to see him...we see the nurse practitioner most of the time and when we do finally get to see him, we're lucky if the appointment last longer than 5 minutes. In regard to my health issues, I am left waiting 3 to 4 weeks for an appointment for something that requires medical attention and antibiotics much sooner than 3 to 4 weeks...so I often end up having to go to emerge. The doctors at Petrolia emerge told me that if I have an issue to just come to emerge and not bother with trying to get into see my doctor since certain issues absolutely cannot be put off for 3 to 4 weeks. The doctors at emerge have even put much needed referrals through for me since Dr. Withers hasn't bothered to do it. The approach he takes with me and my health issues is to just dismiss them altogether. He takes the same approach with my children as well. I am still waiting on a referral to a nutritionist for my 4 year old special needs son. It's been 7 months! SEVEN MONTHS! I keep calling his office to ask his staff what is going on and if he has put the referral through yet, but they are not helpful at all and are quite rude.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Excellent GP - has always taken the time and interest to deal compassionately and professionally with all of our family - never had an issue with him

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Just tried to get my elderly mother in who rarely sees the doctor, but loves Dr. Withers. There was no time for her for another 2 weeks and she was told to go to emerg. My mother was dealt with in a sharp and quick manner that was off-putting. Not even an attempt to put her name on a cancellation list. Something is wrong at the Rapids! Most hospitals are trying to get patients to go to their family doctor, not emergency departments! This is not a "clinic" but a referral centre. Sad to see the decline in service for my mother.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

He isn't up to date on new medical knowledge. It is difficult to get in and see him.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Rapids staff are lousy, and his nurse is unreliable Should have stayed where he was

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

He's great, but his office admin staff SUCK. Totally useless and complete bitchiness .

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Incompetence. Sums up his office administration and himself.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I agree with many that since Dr. Withers moved to the Rapids, its almost impossible to see him. Go to the Emerg. is what I get. I used to call with a child issue and was taken in almost that same day if not in 24 hrs. before he moved. Am disappointed now with the service.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

If Doctor Withers believes that working in this clinic exposes his patients to unreasonabke wait times and uncaring and insensitive staff, i know he will do the right thing and relocate. He has always placed the patient first. Patients who are repeatedly late show a complete disregard for the needs of others and it is best they move on. Expecting special treatment because you drove 30 mins and that should allow you to disrupt the care of many others who have arrived on time is self absorbed and oblivious to the needs of others. You can't have it both ways..... Have a doctor run on time who sees everyone who shows up well past their appointment. Doesn't work that way. Sounds like he will be better off without you. I've never had a problem.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Since moving to Rapids, we cannot get in to see the doctor. I have had to wait hours at the ER for my kids to get antibiotics because "the earliest they could fit me in would be in 4 weeks"! This is disappointing. I really respect Dr. Withers and am very disappointed that all of his appoinments are booked up with non-emergencies.....or at the very least 4 week old emergencies, because you cannot get in to see him. We were told that the nurse practioner would help with urgent cases......not available when needed. I appreciate when we do get to see him, he is always on time. This may upset people that he cancels no shows after 10 minutes, but just imagine everyone else who is booked for those times, and you would bump their appointments. I want the accessible Dr. Wither's back, when he had alotted time each day for real sick people.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015