Ratings for Dr. Martin Withers

I don't know if I can post this here or not, yet I'm going to anyway. As a former Patient of His who had a high regard for him, it's sad and disheartening to read that his attitude and demeanor has changed since He's now working in a Larger place. While I can sort of understand having a waiting list to make an appointment for someone, I draw the line when someone with health problems has to wait 2 to 3 weeks to see Him in relation to a chest or head cold, etc. When he was in Sarnia and at the London Road clinic, my Mother, Step-Father and I were treated as if we were the only people in the room as if we were the only people or person who mattered. His Receptionist was AWESOME, knew most of his Patients by name. And I never thought I'd read that he'd put up with such RUDE behavior from His Staff. This is quite shocking to read that his "new found success" seems to have gone to his head. SMH. So sorry for those of You who have lost faith in him.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Is not up on latest medical findings and does not listen to your opinion

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

I thought he was a great doctor before he started working at rapids. Now I am looking for a new doctor. We're lucky if we can get in to see him...we see the nurse practitioner most of the time and when we do finally get to see him, we're lucky if the appointment last longer than 5 minutes. In regard to my health issues, I am left waiting 3 to 4 weeks for an appointment for something that requires medical attention and antibiotics much sooner than 3 to 4 weeks...so I often end up having to go to emerge. The doctors at Petrolia emerge told me that if I have an issue to just come to emerge and not bother with trying to get into see my doctor since certain issues absolutely cannot be put off for 3 to 4 weeks. The doctors at emerge have even put much needed referrals through for me since Dr. Withers hasn't bothered to do it. The approach he takes with me and my health issues is to just dismiss them altogether. He takes the same approach with my children as well. I am still waiting on a referral to a nutritionist for my 4 year old special needs son. It's been 7 months! SEVEN MONTHS! I keep calling his office to ask his staff what is going on and if he has put the referral through yet, but they are not helpful at all and are quite rude.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Excellent GP - has always taken the time and interest to deal compassionately and professionally with all of our family - never had an issue with him

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Just tried to get my elderly mother in who rarely sees the doctor, but loves Dr. Withers. There was no time for her for another 2 weeks and she was told to go to emerg. My mother was dealt with in a sharp and quick manner that was off-putting. Not even an attempt to put her name on a cancellation list. Something is wrong at the Rapids! Most hospitals are trying to get patients to go to their family doctor, not emergency departments! This is not a "clinic" but a referral centre. Sad to see the decline in service for my mother.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

He isn't up to date on new medical knowledge. It is difficult to get in and see him.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Rapids staff are lousy, and his nurse is unreliable Should have stayed where he was

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

He's great, but his office admin staff SUCK. Totally useless and complete bitchiness .

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Incompetence. Sums up his office administration and himself.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I agree with many that since Dr. Withers moved to the Rapids, its almost impossible to see him. Go to the Emerg. is what I get. I used to call with a child issue and was taken in almost that same day if not in 24 hrs. before he moved. Am disappointed now with the service.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015