You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Martin Withers

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Incompetence. Sums up his office administration and himself.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I agree with many that since Dr. Withers moved to the Rapids, its almost impossible to see him. Go to the Emerg. is what I get. I used to call with a child issue and was taken in almost that same day if not in 24 hrs. before he moved. Am disappointed now with the service.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

If Doctor Withers believes that working in this clinic exposes his patients to unreasonabke wait times and uncaring and insensitive staff, i know he will do the right thing and relocate. He has always placed the patient first. Patients who are repeatedly late show a complete disregard for the needs of others and it is best they move on. Expecting special treatment because you drove 30 mins and that should allow you to disrupt the care of many others who have arrived on time is self absorbed and oblivious to the needs of others. You can't have it both ways..... Have a doctor run on time who sees everyone who shows up well past their appointment. Doesn't work that way. Sounds like he will be better off without you. I've never had a problem.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Since moving to Rapids, we cannot get in to see the doctor. I have had to wait hours at the ER for my kids to get antibiotics because "the earliest they could fit me in would be in 4 weeks"! This is disappointing. I really respect Dr. Withers and am very disappointed that all of his appoinments are booked up with non-emergencies.....or at the very least 4 week old emergencies, because you cannot get in to see him. We were told that the nurse practioner would help with urgent cases......not available when needed. I appreciate when we do get to see him, he is always on time. This may upset people that he cancels no shows after 10 minutes, but just imagine everyone else who is booked for those times, and you would bump their appointments. I want the accessible Dr. Wither's back, when he had alotted time each day for real sick people.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

It is unfortnate in business when strict policies take away the ability for staff to use their own judgement and help the customer at hand. It is also unfortunate in business when the day comes staff does not know their customers. After driving 30 minutes to my doctors appointment, and arriving 10 minutes late because I drove to the wrong office. I learned the doctor had cancelled my appointment as a no show. After spending time looking for my appointment, taking my OHIP card info and then realizing it had been just cancelled the staff person said, "sorry he has cancelled your appt as a no show", right there when I'm standing there in flesh and blood. When I expressed that I had just driven 30 minutes to the appointment, she said sorry he's really strict about that, he cancels appointments if 10 minutes late. He won't see you. I even expressed this was a 6wk follow up appointment, that was already 10-12 weeks and how difficult it is for the doctor and I to connect - he doctor knows that we've been doctor/patient for 20+ years. Staff said sorry it is now 15 minutes late and he won't see you. So i know I was in the door at most 10 minutes late. Honestly, I am so disappointed. When did we lose doctor / patient goodwill and relationships; when doctors who have known us for 20+ years won't even see us in any circumstance because staff won't speak to him because they don't know you and don't care. "Policy overrules". I'm so disappointed. What ever happened to the customer being right? or treating the customer like you'd like to be treated? His doctoring may be okay, but his business policies and practises with new Rapids Clinic are very diappointing. May be time for a change.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

since joining rapids health team he has changed. Seems flip and uncaring. difficult getting in to see him.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

Dr. Withers has been my doctor since he started practicing. I am pretty well a low maintenance patient as I see him once a year and rarel in between. I have always had trust that he knew what he was well versed in his field and if he did not know the answer would find it out or refer. Since he has moved to Rapids Parkway I have noticed and decline in his care and him to be uninterested and very lax in his attention to detail. His staff are not very competent but are pleasant enough. In my particular case Dr. Withers made an error and the staff in their effort to cover it up made many more making me feel very ill at ease with the care they give to patients. It is frightening to know that in lui of admitting and correcting a mistake they would cover it up. I also got the feeling that perhaps the staff was afraid of their boss and he may not be the easiest guy to work for.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

Dr. Martin Withers's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "He isn't up to date on new medical knowledge. It is difficult to get in and see him. "

May 10, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Rapids staff are lousy, and his nurse is unreliable Should have stayed where he was "

November 24, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "He's great, but his office admin staff SUCK. Totally useless and complete bitchiness . "

October 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Incompetence. Sums up his office administration and himself."

July 13, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I agree with many that since Dr. Withers moved to the Rapids, its almost impossible to see him. Go to the Emerg. is what I get. I used to call with a child ..."

March 3, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "If Doctor Withers believes that working in this clinic exposes his patients to unreasonabke wait times and uncaring and insensitive staff, i know he will do the..."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Since moving to Rapids, we cannot get in to see the doctor. I have had to wait hours at the ER for my kids to get antibiotics because "the earliest they could ..."

January 7, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "It is unfortnate in business when strict policies take away the ability for staff to use their own judgement and help the customer at hand. It is also unfortun..."

September 15, 2014