Ratings for Dr. Laurie Wherrett

I can only say that I feel my longevity is in good hands with such an excellent, caring, SMART surgeon such as Dr. Wherrett. She was referred to me by 2 different friends that feel the same way. I have ZERO worries in her care, what so ever. thanks Ginny

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr wherrett' amazing,she took time to explain my procedure and even held my hands trying to put me at ease after the procedure due to the anxiety caused by the fentanyl i was given before the surgery and get this I had my surgery the same day I met with her ,I had met with another doctor a couple weeks before and he told me I should get rest and avoid milk and the pain would disappear but she immediately diagnosed the problem and 24 hours later after the surgery I'm virtually pain-free

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

My experience with my visit was amazing. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Dr Wherrett was amazing. She took the time to explain about a procedure I will have to have and answered my questions. They put people at ease at. Time when you need to hear positive things. Thank you both.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

I saw Dr. Wherrett regarding a very painful problem I was having; after being sent for testing I was told by the office would contact me to arrange a follow up appointment to discuss results. I was never contacted, and when I contacted the office, was told that she wouldn't give me any information and rudely referred back to my family doctor. When I contacted my family doctor, they were shocked that I was not informed of the results or any treatment plan. There was no treatment plan, Dr. Wherrett basically said there was nothing she could do and that I should live with the situation, basically in pain, 24 hours a day. I have since seen another surgeon who very quickly recognized and dealt with the problem. In my opinion, I would NOT recommend Dr, Wherrett, nor her rude staff.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Treated very rude by the secretary and was told to see my family doctor for something that Dr. Wherrett should have seen me for. Basically sent on a run around.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Dr Wherrett & Laurie Greaves are amazing, Yesterday April 12, 2016 They helped me with a very painful situation that had to be looked after. I wished that I know about Dr. Wherrett before i went with another surgeon that was recommend . Dr Wherrett is a very compassionate Dr who cares for welfare and treats you like a human rather than a patient.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Dr Wherrett is amazing and so is Kathy my case is unusual and difficult and Dr Wherrett is the most caring doctor around she takes the time to listen and she is understand and does everything possible to make you better and Kathy will do anything for you

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Love live LOVE Dr. WHERRETT and her staff. I always look forward to my yearly check up. I am Dr. Wherrett's favourite patient, as this is how she treats most of her clientelle. She is kind and approachable and gets to know me as a person, not just me as a patient! Durham Region is VERY fortunate to have such a professional, personable and knowledgeable surgeon! I LOVE my Dr. Wherrett (in a non creepy kinda way :) )

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr. Wherret has been my surgeon and follow care giver for many years. She is kind, compassionate and demonstrates and incredibly caring nature. She enters the office and will engage in a question about where you work or about your family. She makes you feel like a person not just a patient. Kathy is awesome...again.....making the entire experience of a check up so nice. Can't go wrong with this referral!!!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Dr Wherrett is the most awesomest Dr I have ever met... She sure knows how to make a person feel like a somebody... She asks you if you have questions which is rare these days... So so so thorough... Very personable and I just love and think the world of her... Highly recommend her in a heartbeat

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015