Ratings for Dr. Lisa Tessler

On my last regularelationship appointment with her, my breaking point was when she spent 5 minutes on the phone figuring out how her kids were getting to violin practice. I though I mightve been overreacting so I agreed to see her when the gp I had moved to was away. 2 years later THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED! Aside from being unhelpful and never testing me for a variety of things later identified, that was awful, using my time to deal with her personal stuff then rushing me out. Will not deal with her again.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Unfortunately Dr. Tessler was my physician for a number of years. Dr Tessler is by far the worst physician I have ever been to see. She was always at least 30 min late, she would laugh in a nervous condescending way while interacting and always seemed to be in a rush. She would talk about other patients, which is highly unprofessional especially in a small town. She is very judgemental and does her best to make you feel uncomfortable. I wouldnt trust her to check my blood pressure never mind diagnose symptoms, give sound medical advice or write out an appropriate prescription. The only reason she still gets clients is that people in fernie are desperate for family physicians and there are no other choices.

Submitted March 21, 2015

My whole family had problems with this doctor. If your not sick she's fine. If all you need is a quick prescription and no sound advice go see her but as soon as there is a more serious problem you had best go elsewhere. She refused to refer me to a specialist when I needed to have my tonsils removed, I was getting sick 8+ times a year (given prescriptions by her year after year) and since they have been removed I might get cold once a year. Family member #2 was told she must be pregnant (despite the "-" tests from the hospital) when she in fact had advanced mono (hence the vomiting). Family member #3 was given antidepressants when he went to her to discuss his alcohol/drug problem (I don't think it takes a doctor to know that could make the problems worse not better). Family member #4 was sent home from the hospital because he must also have a drinking problem when he went in there with sever stomach pain. Turns out he had a blockage in his bowel that resulted in surgery in Calgary.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

I liked Dr. Tessler's happy attitude. She referred me to a cat scan when I injured my neck. I went by ambulance. I think she may come across as too bubbley but I do like a listener over a rude doctor who thinks they can diagnose someone in a few arrogant questions. I have a rare condition that took twelve years to diagnose. This doctor did not diagnose this as it was before I moved to town. I went tbrough dozens upon dozens of doctors to finally get diagnosed. The amount of diagnoses and meds I went tbru during these years were slowly killing me and caused other conditions. Misdiagnosis due to a nonlistening doctor cost me years and years of pain and suffering. A holistic doctor actually finally diagnosed me hence I liked Tessler's holistic approach. There is real power in a listening doctor.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Dr.Tessler has been my doctor for a number of years.She is always very responsive with making sure she has the right medical advice and if she is not sure she finds out for sure.After I had a misscarage she found out why, got me to a couple of specialists and now I have one daughter and one on the way, and it is nice to know she knows how to take care of me.I trust her completely and would recommended her in a heart beat.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

My first and only meeting with Dr. Tessler was an eye-opening, horrifying experience. She is very kind and friendly, but she tried to convince me that my daughter could outgrown her genetic condition. My daughter is now 2 1/2 and I know more about her condition than any family doctor is expected to - I tried to politely tell her that she was wrong, but she was adamant that the husband of one of her patients had outgrown the condition. Not only is that impossible, I was shocked and appalled that she would pass on heresay as sound medical advice. I have heard nothing but horror stories about her from the others in this town.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

I started seeing this doc when i became pregnant with my son. This was my third baby and by far the most amazing care I have recieved during my pregnancy and post pregnancy. Dr. Tessler is the best!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2010

I've had some trouble in the past finding a Dr. that took the time to listen and try to understand what was going on, she does a good job at this. She delivered my son and was great during the delivery and after. She does tend to ask what you think should be done about things or what I think things are (if I knew I wouldn't be at the Dr.) but on the whole I like her.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

This Dr. delivered my son 12 years ago now and what a nightmare it was. She first told me that I was pregnant with twins and then later said she didn't know what happened to the second fetus. Later in the pregnancy she tried unsuccessfully to "turn" my baby as she said he was breach. What a painful experience and she ended up being wrong. After the delivery I went back for my yearly exam and was told I had an STD and was treated right there and then with acid treatment. Painful and unnecessary as that was not what I had, but rather skin tags from my delivery which didn't heal properly. I wonder how she managed to graduate and is still practicing????

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009

Dr. Tessler is the kind of doctor that says "What do you think we shold do about this?". You might as well diagnose yourself. And even when you Do diagnose yourself, she tells you it's all in your head. When you finally MAKE her send you to a specialist and come in to GET your diagnosis. She laughs as she tells you you have MS. I guess she thinks it's funnny that her patients know more than her but I will never forget that awful day, I thought she was kidding! WHO LAUGHS WHEN GIVING A SERIOUS DIAGNOSIS!! She would have been better suited for retail with her bubbly personality but as a doctor she is completely unknowledgable and has rode on somebodies coat tailes to get there. Namingly her daddy. Don't be fooled by how nice she is, she is nice but she is very likely to overlook something very important. She's clueless. Just lucky she's book smart. I sure as hell wold never want her in the E.R.!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009