Ratings for Dr. Sanjeev Prakash

Very good rheumatologist, probably the best in Saginaw - Bay City area. I saw a negative review from a guy who looks like wanted Vicodin. He does not give narcotic prescriptions easily. I do not know why they have classified him as geriatrician, he is a rheumatologist and arthritis doctor.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

1st appt i was the last patient for the day but he made me sit in the exam room for 30 more minutes (waited 45 in the waiting room) while he finished dictation. when i called the office to ask what to take because i could not take NSAIDs (Meloxicam) 5 days prior to a procedure and was told, "he isn't going to give you vicodin!" i felt treated like a drug seeking addict when all they had to tell me was TYLENOL is not an NSAID so take Tylenol for the five days then go back on aspirin. and he told me to stop taking aspirin and take meloxicam instead. i have a history of strokes and need aspirin therapy and meloxican cause stroke! Then when i got ill with the flu in the middle of the night and was too ill to make my appointment i was told, "You WILL have to pay $20 for not giving us 24 hours notice!" I WILL NEVER GO TO THIS DOCTOR AGAIN.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2013

my orthopedics doctor told me that i had osteoarthtitis. he said i needed both knees replaced. my neighbor told me to get second opinion from Dr. prakash and i did and he said i had psoriatic arthritis. he said you don't get osteo at 41 and he put me on methotrexate. now i feel almost pain free and i did not have to get knee surgery done. so he is a good doctor.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

He has low key style but a razor sharp mind. I was amazed how he knew what I would want to know next . After 3 surgeries by an orthopedics doctor in Bay City, and spending thousands of dollars, Dr. Prakash made the correct diagnosis of polymayalgia rheumatica and within 2 days of starting treatment with prednisone all my pain was gone. And all for less than $150 paid to him by Medicare and $4.36 cost of pprednisone. That tells you whata difference a good doctor can make. And he is just a good decent and compassionate man whom i would recommend to anyone with an arthritis or rheumatism. he is the first doctor I have had who returns the my phone call the same day.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

Excellent rheumatologist, one of the best, if not the best rheumatologist in mid Michigan are.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2011

Dr. Sanjeev Prakash's Credentials

• All India Inst Of Med Sci, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1979)

HealthFirst