Ratings for Dr. Weston Welker

You basically have to manage your own care and then the Dr gets angry when you are involved in your own healthcare (which should be encouraged for every Patient) labs will not be followed up on until symptoms get out of hand, When making adjustments on serious medications you are the one who has to them it's time for labs to be drawn & then there is no follow up on outcomes. First MD I have seen who adjust your medications and never wants to know if it is therapeutic for you or not :0/ Staff is very unprofessional in that they never get back to you as promised It took 5 months to get a well needed referral to a specialist; WOW unacceptable right. Nurse takes days to return calls. She is unprofessional and does not present herself as an RN should. She has made inappropriate comments. Nine times out of ten you can judge a physician by observing his staff, whom he hired. I'm all done with this one, there is better care out there. So sad too first 3 visit I thought very highly of him!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

DR. Welker is only Dr. I've ever been to who really seems to love being a doctor and genuinely cares about his patients. He really listened to me and involved me in making decisions about how I wanted to handle my illness. He is also a very strong christian and so is the staff. Usually doctors just tell you whats going on and write you a prescription. Dr. Welker explained everything and spent alot of time talking with me about my concerns and questions. He was so sincere and compassionate I felt I could trust him with my life. He's an angel in a white coat.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2007

Dr. Weston Welker's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1980)

Top Hospitals in Madison, AL