Ratings for Dr. Casilda Balmaceda

She is in for the money making patients wait for HOURS. Her treatments are just prescribing pills.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

Tried calling to set appointment and was put on hold for more than 20mins. Try calling again no answer went to voicemail was unable to leave message because voice box was full. So, I went in person to set and appointment and was totally ignored by both receptionist, very unprofessional and unethical. This practice needs to analyze patient's needs, and totally new practice structure. I like Dr. Balmaceda, but her staff are not very helpful. I recommend the doctor, but her staff just do not understand patient priority.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

Where should I start! The staff is very rude and unprofessional in every single level that there could be, she has the most classless staff members ever. The Wait time: Ridiculous! If your appointment is for 4pm trust me you will be waiting to see the doctor until 8pm for sure. The Doctor: She might be the best, but not the best for me! She was on her cell phone for over 10 minutes while having me seating in front of her, she causes anxiety because when she is checking you she is running through her check up juts to get you out... I am not saying a doctor should stay with me in her office for hours but at least answer all my questions and give me trust! She is not a good doctor and I believe she is overload which is not a good sign. She sees over 50 patients in one day that I am for sure. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR AT ALL, there are better, dedicated doctors out there for sure.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Research the web and found Dr. Balmaceda. Made an appt for my husband. Office is in a very congested area. All parking lots were full so we road around for 1 hour before finding a space 5 blocks from office. We made our 4:15 appt on time. After waiting 1 hour a patient walks in talking about missing his 3:30 appt. 45 minutes later he was sent in to see the doctor before my husband. I politely asked for my insurance card and medical info and asked the person behind the desk how she could send that person in before my husband after we had been waiting. Well, since I don't speak Spanish I had to wait for my husband to explain what the person behind the desk and 2 female patients that seemed more in charge of the office than the person that worked there was saying. Well, my husband never got to see the doctor. So we made our way back to the car 5 blocks away. Oh, by the way, my husband is an amputee. Bathroom was out of order so we had to wait til we got home 4 hours later.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012

A rare opportunity to meet with a great doctor, you can trust to have your interest first.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011

Dr. Balmaceda is an incredible doctor and will spend as much time as needed with you as a patient. However, that is when your appt starts and staff is unhelpful.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

By far one of the most caring and knowelegeabe in her field. A life saver at work.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2009

I didn't know that a doctor could be friendly! My experience with doctors (at work and as a patient) was that these people think that they are on top of the world and everybody else well below them...not with Dr. Balmaceda! She is very friendly and agreeable. She makes you feel like if you are another friend. She is talkative and a good listener. She gives franc and wise advices. She is very knowledgeable....and very beautiful I have to say (even if that is not relevant when it comes to having a great doctor!).

flag | Submitted March 22, 2009

worthless staff and worthless doctor, period. If you want to waste 3-4 hours of your life go see this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2008

She is one of the most knowledgeable, empathetic and compassionate MDs I have (or ever had). I have seen her in less than an hour, but typically have a 2 hour wait (one day it was over 5 hrs). I don't know what people expect when going to a large medical center. Since she is a neurologist/neuro-oncologist and is on the medical centers Brain Tumor Board, she sees pre and post surgical patients plus follows patients who are on wait and watch and those who need continual follow up. Is it frustrating? Sure! Is it worth it? I think so. It all depends on what you want - some local idiot who will see you in less than a half hour, or a knowledgable empathetic N who will really listen to you and give thoughtful opinions and recommendations. I see her and my son sees her. I travel 2 hrs each way, he travels 7 hrs each way. When I first began seeing her she recommended I have a local N for routine fups and see her annually. Not me - I want to see her regardless of the wait.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2008

Dr. Casilda Balmaceda's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1987)