Ratings for Dr. Christine A. Sigman

I should have reviewed much sooner. I had hoped to actually hear from the person that was not only rude to me, disregarded anything that I said, tried to prevent me from the testing I needed and lastly misdiagnosing me. I had gone to her a few times for the same thing that just got progressively worse. She never ran any tests. By the time my last appointment rolled around my pain was a 10 along with my fatigue. The night before the visit I was heating up a sock filled with rice and pinned it between my mid back,and my chair as I sat on the floor. The pain meds she had given me were not even touching the pain. I was up all night doing this with the sock galling asleep for very short periods of time. I ended up burning my back though it didn't matter to me. That pain didn't even come close to feeling what I felt when I attempted to lay down. I entered her office and I told her that the pain was much worse and that my stomach still felt bloated. I told her I was no longer able to keep up the house or chase after my kids as the pain was so so bad. She lifted my shirt and asked me to point where. I did, the same pls e under ribcage in my back all the was around to the front on the left side. She noticed the burn mark and I instantly told her that was from heating up the rice sock too hot. She then said..."You have the shingles". I said What?? She said the pain with the shingles was horrible,as I described and then pointed to the burn mark on my back to which I reminded her it was from the sock filled with rice. I did it last night. I said it can't be shingles to which she gently held my chin and informed me that she knew shingles as she had them. She wrote a script for the shingles, while doing so I said maybe I need an me I or a scan. Something is wrong. She denied me both of them and wrote me a script also for a physical therapist. I picked up the meds though I did not take them. When I went to the physical therapist the next day she asked me to lie down I told her I couldn't. I was in tears and explained everything..she asked me to try but not flat and she started feeling around and stopped. She told me I needed yo see another doctor right away. I asked why and all she would say was that something else was wrong. She then said maybe an MRI..I told her that the doctor refused for me to have one. She told me to try calling the next day and if she refused again to call her and she would get me in. The next morning I called and told the person who answered the phone who I was and th at I needed an MRI. In a snotty higher than thou tone she said.."Didn't Dr. Sign an tell you no already for an MRI or a car scan? I said yes but the physical therapist said I needed one. After going back and forth with her begrudgingly an appt. for an MRI done at St. John's the next morning. I went to St John's and warned them that I could not lay flat...they informed me if i wanted it done I had to. I was afraid of what would happen if I didn't as now more then e we I feltike something was very very wrong. I tried to do the MRI..and I couldn't due to the pain they had to stop in less than one minute. They sent me to ER and that doc also misdiagnosed me with back spasms. The next morning my husband was going to return to his job out of state and I was afraid. We went to St. Luke's hospital ER when they admitted me. I required blood..I had a scan and it showed a large mass in my spleen. This is what made me feel bloated and that mass was cancer. I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma Diffuse Large Cell B. I was in the hospital for about a week when I received a call from the snotty woman that I had dealt with b4..get this...She wanted to know if I wanted to file a follow up appointment with Sigman. I was a bit ticked off when I replied "Are you nuts?? I have cancer and NOT the shingles that she insisted I had. He'll No!". I hung up the phone. I was naive I thought I would hear an apology from her. After all, her kids attended the same elementary school as mine did... Well its been 5 years later. Im'm still battling the damage the chemo and radiation have me. I have never received an apology from her. I didn't die, many said I should have. So there it is..should you trust her diagnosis...umm no. A friend of mine also went to her..diagnosed with gas..ended up in ER her stomach exploded. If your reading this Sign an, listen to your patients as you ate not God.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

I couldn't ask for a better doctor. She listens, answers my questions (even the dumb ones) and seems genuinely interested in my well-being.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Been going to her for 10+ years - she is very compassionate, intelligent, she's my doctor for life.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Great doctor, very knowledgeable, positive, listens to you. You're wait time is usually 5 or 10 minutes. The only negative, and this is a big one for me, is dealing with her staff and answering machine. You must wait hours, sometimes all day, for a return call and when you get it you aren't home.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

Superb caring doctor. Takes the time to listen and make the right diagnosis.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

Best doctor I've ever had. Does her homework, is attentive, pays attention to the patient.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

She is very thorough, understanding and caring. She takes the necessary time to truly put your mind at ease and determine the best care possible. I highly recommend her. Very compassionate, patient and understanding.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

She is very nice, very flexible, listens, suggests. The only negative is dealing with the answering machine. You leave a message and wait hours for a return call. I won't change doctors because I like her too much.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

Dr. Christine A. Sigman's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Kaiser-Permanente