Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Roath

I have seen Dr.Roath for years. He is great! Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2014

Genial but detached. Frustrating prescription process. He routinely forgets or refuses to fill 90 day prescriptions for maintenance medications as required by my insurance plan, requiring me to pay out-of-pocket. He also doesn't do anything electronically, so it's paper, mail, and excessive delay. Maybe OK if you like "old-school" but if you have a day job, prepare to use a lot of leave to get your prescriptions filled.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

Dr. Roath seems to be showing his age a bit, and I was a little sceptical about him from talking on the phone, but when you sit to talk, he is knowledgable and practical. Dr. Roath has established solid contacts in the field and is very proactive in resolving roadblocks to assist his patients on their get well journey. He is straight up, no BS.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

Dr. Roath has twice given me prescriptions written to the wrong last name. The first time he whited out the mistake and wrote over it, the second, he gave me two, one to my name, one to another name and suggested I "try it out and see if the pharmacy would use one this month and one the next". In addition, I asked him to release my medical records and he not only told me he "preferred to fax them to my doctor" but he then closed the door in my face. No thanks, I'm finding a new doctor.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

he is definitely weird in a bad way. he cut my appointment short to talk to someone else. he gives off the vibe that he doesnt care about anything

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

office is not inviting at all and just is not understandihng of your issues.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

Went through 2 Psychiatrists before Dr. Roath. UHC is terrible and I am blessed to find him. Knowledgable, tries to figure out the problem with questions and history. He also doesn't give you meds without a thorough diagnosis. Dr. Roath is concise and not there to talk about your dreams or broken childhood. Let's be fair here and save it for your Pyschologist. I had Dr. Robin Brannigan when I had BCBS. She is up there with Dr. Roath and more sensitive to people who want a Psychiatrist to listen to problems, but don't expect it.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

He is by far the worst doctor I have ever had. I have been using him for 10 years, and he still can't remember my name or prescription.. He is rude and I never get my prescriptions on time leaving me days when I can't function because of his ill will to follow through with prescriptions that he is not being paid under the table to promote.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

Dr Roath is a competent psychiatrist however he does seem to believe that every malady is the result of chemical imbalance in the brain. He definitely does NOT play any "psycho babble games" with you but, if you feel that talking about your feelings, your dreams or nightmares, and understanding why you wound up this way are important; he is NOT the doctor for you. He does try a lot of medicine - which makes sense because he feels that if****the "right" one, you'll feel much better. I just thought there needed to be more and was suffering from side effects...

flag | Submitted October 22, 2010

A very kind, caring doctor who has been treating my son for years. We went through quite a few before finding him, and his approach (fewer meds) has been greatly appreciated. Unlike some other doctors we tried, Dr. Roath actually cares how my son is doing in between appointments and helped coordinate his care when he was hospitalized.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2009

Dr. Michael S. Roath's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1965)