Ratings for Dr. Jon W Way

Dr. Way was my Primary doctor for 45 years. Not only was he my Dr., but he became my friend. When he told mehe was going to retire... I looked at him and said,"You are breaking up with me?" He laughed and I hugged him. His wife was ill and for that very awesome reason, he wanted to spend more time with her. That was six months ago, and today when I went in to get my INR checked, I was told that Dr. Way's wife died on September 19, 2015. My heart and prayers go out to his family today.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

I was a patient of Dr. Way's for a number of years. I often felt he did not care about me, especially in recent years. Perhaps the size of the practice inevitably makes one feel like a number. He does not follow up test results in a timely manner. Dr. Way may have been a fine doctor years ago, but more recently, it feels like he is just putting in his time.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

Dr. Way has been the primary care physician for my wife and myself for a number of years. He is thorough, a very good listener, knows and cares about his patients, stays up-to-date on important medical knowledge, and has an open mind on alternative approaches. He is better-versed about nutrition than most MDs.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

My company doctor had to contact Dr. Way to ensure that my diabetes treatment was proper. Although I had two annual physicals with Dr, Way, the diabetes diagnosis was made based on a company physical. Although I have long history of adverse reaction to statins, Dr. Way kept pushing statins.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2009

I guess, based on the other ratings, I'm a dissenter on Dr. Way. I never really bonded with him. I never felt as if he was treating me as an individual, or that he was listening to my concerns ... it always seemed to me as if he was just going through his checklist and treating patient #9 of 25 that day. I switched to another doctor in the practice, and I'm much happier.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. Way is very attentive - he listens carefully and asks appropriate questions. He has quickly and accurately diagnosed some illnesses I had, but on the other hand he is conservative in recommending extra testing, antibiotics - which I think is commendable. His demeanor is calm and friendly. Even though he is extremely busy, you feel you have his undivided attention.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2008

I and my wife have been lucky to have had Dr. Way as our Doctor for 20 years. We are very lucky. He discovered my Prostate Cancer early and probably saved my life. He has been sincere, caring, thoughtful and accurate. I have recommended him to several of my fellow teachers.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2007

Very knowledgeable. Listens well. Sense of humor. Been in the practice for decades. Goes the extra mile. Takes whatever time is needed to diagnose the problem and treat you properly.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2007

Dr. Jon W Way's Credentials

• University Of Vermont College Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)