Ratings for Dr. May Siu

Dr. Siu has been the doctor for my elderly mother for many years. My mother has many minor problem and she always showed up when she wanted. The staff were always sweet and always accomodated her. Dr. Siu always seemed to be busy, going in and out of rooms, but she always spends enough time with my mother, explaining to her. She even phoned me and told me what was going on, instructed me what to do and what to watch for. She was quick in filing my mother's medical forms, done in 1-2 days. My mother could see her 6 days per week. She visited my mother at home in a few occasions when no one could bring my mom to the clinic. She reminded me of the doctors back in the old days when doctors work long hours and made house calls, unlike the young doctors nowadays. I feel she really cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

This doctor gave my daughter the wrong diagnosis for a cough, Dr. Siu said it was Asthma but the next day a doctor at a Walk in Clinic diagnosed it as a Chronic cough and prescribed antibiotics which immediately cured the cough. The doctor at the Walk in Clinic was shocked that Dr. Siu will brush it off for Asthma as my daughter has never had asthma. Dr. Siu secretary is very rude . My daughter once used the clinic bathroom to wash her hands, and then 10 minutes after we left the clinic the secretary phones me and tell me that the clinic's toilet is plugged and they will charge me the cost of repairing it. I explained that my daughter only washed her hands and didn't use the toilet, so the secretary suggested to bring my plunger to unclog the clinic's toilet. I did go back to the clinic with a plunger (one hour later) with my children and as soon as I arrived she said it was fixed simply by flushing it. My children are adults now and they still remember this incident it reflects her unprofessional ism.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Excellent physican .. She makes time for emergency appointments .. When a referral is sent in it is there within days ..

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

I have been going to her for 10 plus years. Very helpful when I have had any concerns. When she says she will send in a referral it is at the accepting doctors office within days. Very efficient.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

A very efficient doctor whom is almost always on time. She is a very helpful doctor who knows her stuff.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

I relly like Dr. Siu, I recomended her to friends and family. She always smiles at me and make me feel confoprtable.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

I have been a patient for over 10 years and she is always on time and it is easy to get in to see her. Over the past 5 years (since she got into BOTOX, etc) she is not as thorough and is rushing you out of there. She has also made me pay random fees for a medical history report which I needed for my adoption; I wasn't so keen on that. She rarely wants to make a specialist appointment unless you INSIST. Unfortunately Doctors are hard to find here and I will continue to see her because she is to the point and fast, if I don't agree with her she is willing to hear me out and ultimately my health is in my own hands so it is up to me to say something if I want her to be more thorough.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

Dr. Siu was instrumental in sending me to the right specialist who preformed a hysterectomy. Her actions were timely as I was diagnosed with uterine cancer at the beginning stages. I'm very pleased that she is my doctor.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

I had Diabetes Type 2 before she told me. My (sugar covered hemoglobin SCI?) scores were listed in my file from 2009 until present Jan. 2013 in the category of full blown diabetes. I learned this at the 1 on 1 learning at Cal. Diabetes Clinic. I was stunned but can do nothing. I've also had an infection in a few toes. She believes its not infected but the result of hitting my toes against the wall or something hard, while in sandles. It's gone in for 15 months and my nails are very thick and growing weird with change of color . Will not do anything. I describe her bedside manner as horrible. Great tension always. She's looking for a fight with me. She made it clear she does not believe in ME/CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) and Fibromyalgia which I have been diagnosed with for 10 years. I take Oxyneon as the main med for pain. She said she will never prescribe such a strong drug for my pain. I have the top specialist in Calgary, Dr. Stein and she diagnosed and treats me.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

I have found Dr. Siu less efficient in the last couple of visits. My last two checkups were rushed and didn't feel as thorough as previous visits. I have not found she gives very good internal checkups.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012