Ratings for Dr. Will Winzer

Not the best at listening. Tired of his bad jokes. Not amusing and did not help me.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

I am on the fence with this doctor. He was absolutely wonderful when my kids were under a years old, but some of the recommended approaches to treatment he has made since then can be a bit overboard. He is not always the best at listening and comes off sounding at times like a know it all, but I fundamentally believe he cares for his patients and just wants them to get better. He has contradicted his own advice a few times, but the good outweighs the bad. Trust the doctor, but also trust yourself as a parent.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Overall, I give Dr Winzer 5 stars! At first, he may come across as being a know it all but honestly, isn't that what you are looking for when your child requires treatment?! We personally LOVE Dr Winzer. My children have been seeing him for 4.5 years now and he always knows what course of treatment to give them. He is passionate and caring and truthfully devoted to his patients! He calls at home to find out how the kids are doing when he knows they've been sick! I've never heard of another Dr that does that! Honestly, we will be very very sad when he decides to retire fully! Keep up the good work Dr Winzer! The kids love you...and your lollipops :)

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Me, my wife, 3 children and my parents were his patients from 1985 until we left Orleans in 1990. Never had such a great doctor in my life; always caring for his patients. Great connections for appointments with specialists. Got my dad heart bypass surgery with Dr. Akriliak (Inventor of Jarvis Heart). Once my mom got a panic attack and Dr Winzer came into his clinic on a Sunday to treat her. My uncle who was a Canadian (although not his patient) had a heart attack in New Jersey, Dr. Winzer booked a hospital room for his bypass surgery. My Uncle didn't show up, Dr. Winzer called him in New York to fly now for surgery. The 5 star stories are endless.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

I had Doctor Winzer for many many years in Orleans when I was younger. I was a horrible patient( ran out of the office when it came time to get needles)He always made me feel welcome and was a happy guy. I haven't seen him in many years and would love to. He was our entire family's doctor for so long. I hope to see him again one day and let him know how well me and my family are doing. Dr. Winzer if you read this rating I don't run from needles anymore;) He was and still always will be the best doctor I have dealt with in my 29 years.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

I am so happy to have dr winzer follow both my children !!! I trust his medical opinion and he really cares for the well being of my kids. He even calls the house to check up on them if they've been sick!! He is up to date on his medical information and is always happy to share his knowledge. He is always on time and staff is always smiling. I feel so lucky to have him as my 2 and 6 month old children.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2013

Dr.Winzer was and is an amazing Physician. He and his office manager (his wife) did their best to provide a type of medicine that was current and they made every effort to expedite this so the patient could get started on their therapy. Dr. Winzer and Gail were very organized with their paper work and I could always count on them for any or all communication to a specialist. Unfortunately I was not accepted as a patient when they transferred to the new location.Dr. Winzer became aware of my sexual orientation and made it clear that he would not have a homosexual in his practice. I lost a physician and a friend that day. Dr. Winzer and Gail will always be close to my heart and I will be thankful for their years of service to me. Bigotry and religion, sometimes people hide behind one.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

This doctor is very rude, condescending and lives to hear himself talk, his jokes are unacceptable and really aren't amusing except to himself! He seems to have selected the most arrogant group of office staff available but I guess arrogance and ignorance attracts one another! I haven't been a patient of this man in several years and thank god u haven't because when I was I had some very serious medical issues that he did by care to address and simply told me that my IBS was a direct result of my mothers probable (non founded)alcohol intake when I was a fetus? Seriously? He dismissed my constant complaint of back pain for 2 or more years to find out by 1 simple visit to a walk in clinic that I had been suffering gall bladder attacks, once removed my symptoms disappeared! He related all of my medical conditions/complaints to the fact that my mother had suffered from alcoholism, he too comes from a family of alcoholics and harbors resent towards any person who suffers with alcoholism!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2012

Very knowledgeable. Very kind and as a first time parents he helped us to know our baby's needs. I do recommend him. Thanks Doctor Winzer

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

I'm torn about him... he is indeed a bit arrogant (doesn't necessarily listen to you; seems to prefer to listen to himself), and makes me uncomfortable at times, but at the same time, his knowledge of childrens' medicine is absolutely excellent. Also, he is extremely punctual. He is a trustworthy doctor, however, and I have no doubt he provides quality, cutting-edge care for my child. This is why we've remained his patients, and plan on doing so for a long time.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2012