Ratings for Dr. Stephen D. Armstrong

I'm one of Dr. Armstrong's complicated patients. Finding out what my health issues are have been an up hill battle. Finding out you have a life threating illness is scary in it self. But having a Dr. who genuinely cares for & will persevere for you,no matter how hard headed it seems I might be. He was a God send when no one else knew what was wrong with me he found the answers. He truly has my best interest at heart. He also takes time out of his busy life to call & see how you are feeling & doing. He has called to check up on me even on the weekends. NOT MANY Doctors DO THAT!I am blessed to have him as my Dr. I trust him with my life because I know he values my health & wellbeing. He has also surrounded himself with a sensitive & caring staff that is welcoming & knowledgeable. His nurse Linda is the best, she's always helpful & supportive when answering questions. I would & have highly recommended Dr. Armstrong to those looking for a rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

Very knowedgeable and kind dr. I have been his patient for ten years. He calls back personally when necessary and doesn't mind calling after hours to give test results. He has helped me get to the bottom of a complicated illness, and welcomes my input. He works with me on medication management, and spends as much time as necessary to know that I am ok and comfortable. There is no God complex there. I wouldn't want any other rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

I have a very rare auto immune disease & Dr. A is completely on top of the latest research. Every Dr s/b like Dr A. I don't mind that he's sometimes a little late bc he will give me as much time as I need in my appt w/o making me feel rushed. I'm very anti-medicine but I understand it's necessary in my case. He has a great balance between utilizing medicine to keep me healthy and active & only using exactly what is necessary. I've had this condition since I was 20 and with a very uncertain auto immune disease I feel very certain about my doctor and that is worth everything. My out of pocket expense is not minimal and we talk about tests etc and the financial impact on me. He is very mindful of this impact.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2013

He is very compassionate, knowledgable. Likes to try different modalities. Great personality.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

Dr. Stephen D. Armstrong's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)