Ratings for Dr. Alka S. Rishi

She is a TERRIBLE doctor DO NOT RECOMMEND. I have seen her for three appointments and after the fourth she said there was nothing she could do so refereed me back to my primary doctor or Scott and white. She wasted my time and worst experience ever.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I love her... yes, she is hard to understand but any question I have ever asked her she has answered. I have never gotten any rude responses from her or her staff. She has gone out of her way to fix my problem when other GYN doctors wouldn't, and I have greatly appreciated. I am a nurse and I agree totally with the nurse's comment. Some people can't be pleased no matter how hard you try. Keep up the good work Dr. Rishi...

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

Terrible doctor. Awful bedside manner, very rude. If you have concerns she either doesn't answer or barely answers your questions. I felt like she just blew me off. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2014

Awful awful doctor. My fist appt. was pretty standard. Blood work and ultrasound. When I asked about the us she avoided my question. I knew something was not right because the tech was very quiet and did not show me the baby or heartbeat like they usually would. Dr. Rishi just said we have not gotten the report back yet. 4 WEEKS LATER at my follow up she walks in and says " I don't think you are pregnant" your levels are too low and we saw no baby in the uterus." then she just stood there and looked at me!! I reminded Dr. Rishi of my positive BLOOD TEST and had to request she recheck my hcg levels since that was 4 weeks ago. They came back at 36000! Had a second ultrasound...beautiful baby almost 10 wks along. She just wanted me to take her word for it that I wasn't preg. Even though it was her office that first confirmed my pregnancy!! She is .rude...and totally unprofessional. Worst dr. Ever! I would never go back or recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

dr rishi is very disrespectful and rude. She doesn't act like she cares about her patients. I wouldn't recommend her to ANYONE!!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

My daughter went to Dr. Rishi for an ob appointment & had a horrible experience. She's in the 4th month of a 1st pregnancy so she had questions that Dr. Rishi flat out ignored. Dr. Rishi barely spoke to her & rushed through everything. My daughter said she felt like she was on an assembly line. She inserted a speculum & did a pap without telling my daughter what she was doing even though she kept asking. Finally the nurse stepped up & talked to her. The pap was very painful due to the rushing. She will NEVER go back or recommend this Dr.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

I was very shocked after reading the horrible reviews about Dr. Rishi and her staff. I have been seeing Dr. Rishi for almost 4 years and have never been upset with the service that I have received. The nurses are wonderful and throughout my pregnancy I had the same nurse the whole time. I read that she tells people that they need to lose weight, well I am over weight and never once did she tell me that I was or that I needed to lose weight. She is blunt when questions are asked but I like that. If you have a question you need to ask, she is not a mind reader like it seems many of you want. I was induced at 38 weeks, which is normal for me, and she was so wonderful the whole time. She had great bedside manner as did the rest of Metroplex. I don't understand why everyone hates them, I was treated amazingly the whole time I was there.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2010

She wasn't in the room for more than 3 minutes, but in that short time, she gave short, unhelpful answers to my questions and commented that it was good I wasn't overweight, which wasn't relevant to my questions. Look at some of the other comments and you'll see that she's stuck on weight, even when patients have other concerns. Very annoying visit. I'm looking elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2010

I had Dr. Rishi as my OB/GYN during my pregnancy and her care was bad enough to cause me to find another doctor. She missed a bladder infection for over two weeks, she never looked at my sonogram history and missed a subchorionic hemorrhage, and she NEVER checked for heartbeat past 12 weeks. Today, I went to the ER (twenty weeks) because I had been throwing up for over 12 hours even after taking Phenergan. I was sent to L&D where Dr. Rishi was on call. Despite the fact that the nurse stated that my urine showed severe dehydration, Dr. Rishi refused to even see me, much less give me a simple IV, and returned me to the ER where people had been waiting for over eight hours to be seen. By far the worst medical care I have ever received...however she fits right in rest of the staff at Metroplex Hospital. Absolutely horrible.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2010

Most of the staff was unfriendly. Dr. Rishi barely spoke to me and she rushed through my exam. As she was leaving she told me I needed to lose weight. I had my appointment Feb 15 and haven't received my results, I just called the office and the receptionist was a friendly as a cold dead fish. She told me that if the results were bad I would have been told by now, I am not sure that would be the case. I gave her my name and number and she said a nurse would call me later. We shall see!!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2010

Dr. Alka S. Rishi's Credentials

• Mgm Med Coll, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidhyalaya, Indore, Mp, India (Grad. 1968)