Ratings for Dr. Gareth Begley

Dr begley is an amazing doctor, i first started seeing him when i got pregnant and now is the only one id see. He is worth the wait even as a walk in

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I've been going to Dr. Begley for more than 10 years . My medical folder trust me is very thick . Lots of WCB . claims . This man has been there for me every step of the way . He gets the job done and done well .

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

When Dr Begley first took me on as his family doctor he was awesome. Kind, willing to listen & thorough. Always wanted to get to the bottom of things. 4 years later it is not the same. He doesn't follow thru with his test results, which on 2 occasions left me in a bad state of health. He also gets very ignorant if you talk to him about second opinions. And if you have to have any insurance papers filled out, be prepared to wait for weeks.. Even when he says he will get them done ASAP. Seems over the years he has either gotten to many patients to do the thorough job he once did, or he is becoming like the multitudes of GP'S out there who are in it for the money!!! So sad, cuz I really thought he was wonderful... Not so much anymore

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I am glad to read that i am not the only one who has had a terrbile experience with the front end staff at this clinic! They are very rude and are more concerned about having personal conversations with each other rather than taking care of the clients. When i was Pregnant i was treated very well after my daughter was born it was all down hill, i once sat over 6 hours in the waiting room with my newborn who ended up having a bladder infection and i had to leave because i ran out of milk for her, when i told the staff i had to go they were extremely rude to me. I can only think of maybe 2 ladies up front who have actually been friendly and courteous and their no longer there. But aside from them Dr. Begley is wonderful, compassionate and caring he doesnt brush you off like your concerns are petty he takes the time to listen and throughly checks things out and gets the tests he needs to properly assist you and he doesnt push pills.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Kind, respectful, thorough, considerate and a sense of humor is how I would describe this wonderful doctor. He is not a pill pusher as he would rather work on your problems what ever they are before sending you to a pharmacy. Some of the staff is okay but they should all be a little more tentative to the patients rather than the computers, and each other's personal conversations. Wait times are very long...but, what can ya do!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Dr Begley was my doc when I was expecting my baby. Gentle, kind and always takes time to listen to your problems. Just wish the staff was a bit more friendlier and helpful!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Very personable, excellent bedside manner and takes time to address all concerns. Wonderful physician!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

He was my doctor for 7 years before I decided to leave. He used to be very compassionate and caring for his pt. But it seems as he gotten more experience, he only started caring for the money and it all went to his head. After moving from red deer to Edmonton, I used to drive to see him. I did it for 3 and a half years. That was how much i liked him and trusted him. He used to be proactive in getting things done for me and advocating for my care. Towards the end, he said he would send me to a spine specialist as i had undiagnosed severe back pain. I get to the specialist as turns out the guy is a chiropractor. Even the chiropractor was baffled as to why I was sent to him. It took him forever to get testing done and he didn't really want to do a whole lot with pain management until I had to go to emerg because I was doubled over in pain and in tears and was so crippled by it that I couldn't even put on my own socks. By the time it was interfering with my life so much that it was affecting my day to day, i had to go on disability. He was more worried about the disability insurance company than he was about me. That's when I had enough and found a new doctor! The pt should be the doctors main priority not insurance companies and whoever else. The doctor should be advocating for his patients. I'm a health care professional and I have never been so disgusted by the care of a physician. Especially when my new physician got so much done for me within a couple weeks compared to his few months.

Submitted March 11, 2016

He is kind and understanding. He takes the time to listen to you and instead of writing an Rx to dismiss the issue, he will try several other way to resolve the problem. ie: X-rays, physical therapy, etc. Staff could be a little less rigid and snobby. Although they are helpful.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

Great Doctor. Has been my doctor for many years. Always takes the time to listen to my concerns and investigate my medical problems.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015