Ratings for Dr. Douglas Anderson

Dr. Anderson help my mother-in-law with a rare disease called trigeminal neuralgia . Back then there was no cure for most people that have this disease they usually commit suicide. It's a devastating disease which causes severe pain in the jaw. Dr. Anderson was able to go in there find the nerve and remove some muscle tissue and connected the never S to relieve the pain. She had three surgeries but this is a disease that most people don't recognize. I would recommend Dr. Anderson to anyone. If you need more information go to WGN and search the disease. The sports announcer Pat his wife has this disease

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

My husband has Moyamoya disease, and is not a typical case, Dr. Anderson and his staff have always been very informative, get back to me quickly when I have a question, and are genuinely concerned for his health. He is amazing, in fact, we drive almost two hours to go to him.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

I have moya-moya. A very rare disorder. Dr Anderson treated me with an EC-IC highflow bypass, which is working wonderfully. I would recomend him to anyone. A great doctor, great bedside manor, and very attentive.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

flag | Submitted December 14, 2012

Surgery is currently in process right now. My mother in law is getting a brain tumor removed. She has been in surgery for an hour and a half now and the doctor just called to inform us that she is doing great. Dr. Anderson and his staff are so kind and helpful. They keep us all up to date and explain everything that is going on. He is a wonderful man and he truly is the sweetest. I highly recommend him to anyone that needs neurological surgery. Without him, my family and I would not feel as confident about this surgery. He told us everything that is to be expected and his percision is unbelievable. God Bless Dr. Anderson for his knowledge, kind heart, and skills. He is a wonderful doctor and highly recommended by me. I will let you know how the overall surgery goes once she is finished. :)

flag | Submitted December 30, 2011

"legally responsible for what you write here"? no wonder there aren't many comments! Back in the early 90's he did my rare thoracic back surgery for an injury from a fall. It was extremely successful. I got my life back after two years of not being able to sit for very long let alone exercise. The injury was in the middle of my back and the pain was in my hip & leg, but he found it!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

In September of 2010 I was diagnosed with a skull based tumor. Dr. Anderson performed a very delicate surgery as this tumor was over 20 years old, large and involved 6 cranial nerves. It was also lying along side of my carotid artery. After 8 hours of surgery, he saved my vision and so much more. He is a wonderful surgeon, kind and explains everything in depth. I would send anyone that I care about o him. I feel so blessed to have found him.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

This is the most caring and knowledgeable doctor that has ever treated me. I owe him my life. His nurse Maureen is absolutely wonderful!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2011

Saved my life not once, but twice. I can not say enough about his professionalism and kind heart. He is truly a blessing.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2009

THIS MAN IS A NEW HERO IN MY LIFE! THANK YOU, FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

Dr. Douglas Anderson's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1977)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union