Ratings for Dr. Alvin C. Powell

Informative visit and very helpfule regarding my problem. He took time to answer my questions.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

From the moment I found out HBP had ruined my kidneys, Dr. Powell always had advice on my care, nutrition, family etc. Throughout my dialysis after End Stage Renal Disease, his advice was literally life saving. After being on the transplant list for 4+ years, he suggested that I get on both Carolinas Medical and Duke's transplants list because they were considered different regions. He also counseled me as to what it took to move up the transplant list. After I received a kidney transplant in July 2002, the doctors at Duke assured me that Dr. Powell was an expert in prevents transplant failure and/or rejection. Nearly 9 years later, he has been a blessing to my family and me - combining his knowledge with compassion and friendship. He has volunteered in Haiti and Habitat for Humanity so I feel he lives by the quote "Make no judgements where there is no compassion". He has been generous with patience, assistance, and advice.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

We asked to be moved from the care of this doctor due to the lack of information we were getting from him. It had been 5 years since we had been a patient of his. He was very unprofessional and got angry, so none of the other doctors in the practice would accept my husband as a patient. My husband is a 100% disabled veteran and in stage 4 of renal disease. It is a patient's rights to choose the doctor to whom they want, with the most education and communication skills that suit the patient. This office was very unprofessional about the incident. It took us a week gathering paperwork and they did not tell us that we could not see the doctor we requested until we were in the office in front of other patients.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010

Dr. Alvin C. Powell's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Ameritas