Ratings for Dr. Paul Gurland

I am surprised by some.of the comments. I saw Dr. Gurland for my three daughters and though he did not deliver two of them , he still showed up to check on both of us the next day . For one of them.it was a difficult pregnancy,I still had almost 4 weeks left with a baby who was not gaining weight. I understand that first time parents are overly concerned about every little thing so please do your research and have questions ready, I mean the obstetric ones. Prenatal classes offer a wealth of information on the non-obstetric questions. He is quiet that doesn't mean he is abrupt. He is straight to the point and offers advise as needed. Has anyone noticed how packed the place is. So a lot more people are using their services.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Went to this place and had the most horrible experience. They never take the time to know you or your baby. I ended up being overdue and they never bothered doing an ultrasound. I told them i wanted to be induced but they ignored me and rushed me out as they did every visit. Long story short my baby passed away in my tummy the day before i got induced. A mom knows when something is wrong but these obs failed to listen. I dont recommmend this place to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

He was chill while doing the colposcopy. It is not the most comfortable situation. I liked him. I think the people who made the bad comments were pregnant and naturally angry due to their hormones.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

I'm a 30 something year old woman who had him for a colposcopy. There's something that I like about him, but I can understand how some people could say he doesn't have the best bedside manner or rude, I think he's just different than most doctors. He is very knowledgeable, he let me ask questions and repeated things when I asked for further clarification. We joked around a lot and he doesn't get offended by much. , I think there may be some getting used to if you're not used to his type of demeanour. But overall, he took the time to explain my results and what I need to do for further help.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Had him at my 37 week appointment and he was the rudest most inconsiderate man!!!!!doesn't know how to speak to a pregnant lady at all if he is the on call OB when I am in labour I will be going to another hospital!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Had him for colposcopy, was friendly and let me ask him questions and concerns in another room.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Overall the office is crowded, they book you and make you wait for an hour. Dr Gurland however could not stop pointing out that I was over weight. Started our conversation with weight and ended it with weight. Didn't care to explain or ask how I was doing. I left upset and confused.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

Episiotomy? No? Then choose another doctor. Uses vacuumes as "motivation".

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

I'm not sure why he's an OB working with hormonal pregnant women. If you want to be demeaned and put down for wanting to pursue a natural labour - he's your man. I wouldn't ask him any questions - he seems to think he is the only one who can perform this medical procedure previously known as birth. I met him a few times in the office - he did not deliver my baby.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015

I'm not sure about the other reviews here, but Dr Gurland was wonderful. I had a colposcopy with him and he was very sweet and knowledgable. I'd be happy to recommend him

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015