Ratings for Dr. Paul Gurland

Absolutely great gyno , super helpful , very knowledgeable and great bedside manner Highly recommend him

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

I have not yet recovered from my c section incision and it's been 4 months now. Maybe he prefers other line of work not delivering babies. He seems to loathe it. Left me with bad staples and now I'm suffering the consequences, when u are in labor always ask the staff who the doctor is, if it's this one run for your life or unborn baby's life it will be hel after he's done with you.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

I've been seeing Dr Gurland for my HPV battle for over a year now and he's been really amazing. This website terrified me beyond belief and had me preparing for the worst doctor. This is not the case at all! He's incredibly knowledgeable and very direct about what's happening/how I should be proceeding. I always leave there feeling like I'm getting the whole picture and getting the best possible treatment

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

I had abnormal paps for a few years so my family doctor referred me to a specialist and I met with Dr. Gurlin. I had been here years back and didn't remember so much about him more about the precedure cause no one is too thrilled to have to have this exam done. With that said I googled what would happen to better prepare myself and calm my nerves however reading some reviews made my nerves worse. The reason I'm writing this one is because I truthfully beleive people are more likely to write more reviews when they are unsatisfied, then happy and that's just not fair. I have nothing but positive feedback to say about him. He walked in, re introduced himself, asked how I was, went over my chart, obviously wasn't thrilled I was a smoker but pointed out that if I tried to quite are appointmen might not have to exsist. I didn't feel judged, it is uncomfortable looking at tour cervix on a screen but it was also nice to see what's going on and have him explain it. It was a quick apt but I left happy and excited to share some positive feedback for people to read. I hope this helped anyone nervous to meet him cause he really is a great doctor. P.s. check in ladies are awesome too! The wait is a little past your actual appointment time but what clinic isn't ?

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

He was awful. Didn't look at me the whole apt. Then asked stupid questions I'm surprised he didn't ask why I was there.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

He broke my water on purpose! I was only having mucous plug discharges and I only went in for checking my dilation and he was the on call doctor. He broke my water for sure. And he was very rough on the operation table I heard bones cracking, I had to be put to sleep, he doesn't even say anything to you, neither did he sign the risk and benefits that is protocol. I am never going back to credit valley. My stitches hurt 10x more than my previous c section too. They didn't take my stitches off because it was still bleeding when I left the hospital.. Pray you will never encounter him when u go for emergency labor assessment.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

I had the misfortune to visit this doctor in 1995 and 1996. This doctor may be knowledgeable enough but is a total Jerk. Has absolutely no manners and treated me as less than human. Ended up praying he would not be delivering my kids . Would rather deliver them myself!!!!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

DR. Gurland delivered both my son's and was right there in my room the next day to check them and to see how I was doing!!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

I can't believe this guy still has a licence. I flat lined twice under his care delivering our son via high forcepts and a rotation (his foot was on the table in OR pulling our baby out of me after 24 hours of doing nothing). Needless to say things have never been the same (he cut me in a large arc). All this after leaving us alone for 24 hours after my wayer broke. This was May 1988. Please do not let this guy touch you or any woman that you care about. He is saddistic and evil.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

My experience with Dr. Gurland was extremely negative. From the moment he walked into the room, he barely said hello, was extremely short and offered limited explanations when we asked questions. He demonstrated himself to be extremely unapproachable and difficult to deal with. The interaction with him alone has been leading me to switch OB offices. Extremely upset and disappointed that an OB can possess these qualities.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016