Ratings for Dr. Paul Gurland

Went to this place and had the most horrible experience. They never take the time to know you or your baby. I ended up being overdue and they never bothered doing an ultrasound. I told them i wanted to be induced but they ignored me and rushed me out as they did every visit. Long story short my baby passed away in my tummy the day before i got induced. A mom knows when something is wrong but these obs failed to listen. I dont recommmend this place to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

He was chill while doing the colposcopy. It is not the most comfortable situation. I liked him. I think the people who made the bad comments were pregnant and naturally angry due to their hormones.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

I'm a 30 something year old woman who had him for a colposcopy. There's something that I like about him, but I can understand how some people could say he doesn't have the best bedside manner or rude, I think he's just different than most doctors. He is very knowledgeable, he let me ask questions and repeated things when I asked for further clarification. We joked around a lot and he doesn't get offended by much. , I think there may be some getting used to if you're not used to his type of demeanour. But overall, he took the time to explain my results and what I need to do for further help.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Had him at my 37 week appointment and he was the rudest most inconsiderate man!!!!!doesn't know how to speak to a pregnant lady at all if he is the on call OB when I am in labour I will be going to another hospital!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Overall the office is crowded, they book you and make you wait for an hour. Dr Gurland however could not stop pointing out that I was over weight. Started our conversation with weight and ended it with weight. Didn't care to explain or ask how I was doing. I left upset and confused.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

Episiotomy? No? Then choose another doctor. Uses vacuumes as "motivation".

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

I'm not sure why he's an OB working with hormonal pregnant women. If you want to be demeaned and put down for wanting to pursue a natural labour - he's your man. I wouldn't ask him any questions - he seems to think he is the only one who can perform this medical procedure previously known as birth. I met him a few times in the office - he did not deliver my baby.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015

I'm not sure about the other reviews here, but Dr Gurland was wonderful. I had a colposcopy with him and he was very sweet and knowledgable. I'd be happy to recommend him

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Dr. Gurland may not have the best bedside manner but he has always been polite and matter of fact with me which I appreciate. His knowledge and skill are spoken very highly of from his staff. I have requested him to be my OBGYN for all 3 of my children and he has never ceased to dissapoint (even with my complicated obstetrical history). If you looking for someone who is chummy chummy don't go to him, but if you want someone with meticulous OR skills and a wealth of knowlege he's your man!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Dr. Paul Gurland's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Went to this place and had the most horrible experience. They never take the time to know you or your baby. I ended up being overdue and they never bothered doi..."

April 16, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "He was chill while doing the colposcopy. It is not the most comfortable situation. I liked him. I think the people who made the bad comments were pregnant and ..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I'm a 30 something year old woman who had him for a colposcopy. There's something that I like about him, but I can understand how some people could say he do..."

March 9, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Had him at my 37 week appointment and he was the rudest most inconsiderate man!!!!!doesn't know how to speak to a pregnant lady at all if he is the on call OB w..."

March 9, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Had him for colposcopy, was friendly and let me ask him questions and concerns in another room. "

March 2, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Overall the office is crowded, they book you and make you wait for an hour. Dr Gurland however could not stop pointing out that I was over weight. Started our c..."

February 26, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Episiotomy? No? Then choose another doctor. Uses vacuumes as "motivation"."

February 21, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I'm not sure why he's an OB working with hormonal pregnant women. If you want to be demeaned and put down for wanting to pursue a natural labour - he's your ma..."

December 25, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I'm not sure about the other reviews here, but Dr Gurland was wonderful. I had a colposcopy with him and he was very sweet and knowledgable. I'd be happy to rec..."

December 8, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gurland may not have the best bedside manner but he has always been polite and matter of fact with me which I appreciate. His knowledge and skill are spoken..."

November 6, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Left my son without no ozygen at labor. Please I am advicing people not to attend that clinic. My son was sick kids due to his error. Thanks to sick kids."

October 29, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "A very dangerous, self centered man. He did almost nothing to help my wife who was suffering terribly from an infection. He just sat around sucking on his large..."

October 4, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gurland was robotic ... Doesn't look you in the eye and didn't seem very interested in your appointment ... He may be knowledgable but I would recommend lear..."

September 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to Dr Gurland for years, he is extremely knowledgeable in his area of expertise. As for his bedside manner, he is quiet - not rude or abrupt, ..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Though he is quiet and to the point, you can tell this Dr. knows what he is doing. Dr Gurland delivered my baby back in March via csection, I am very happy and ..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Be very careful because your baby might die under his management."

May 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing but high praises for both Dr. Gurland, Denise and the Nurses! Thank you for everything you have done to improve my health."

May 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gurland is quiet and matter of fact; he is not outgoing. But he sure knows what he is doing. He essentially saved my baby's life. I would trust him implicitl..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Gurland is a WONDERFUL doctor. I believe most people who comment just misunderstand him. After a short stint at amount Sinai, I learned he was one of their top ..."

April 5, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "He is very good doctor, very helpful and knows what he is doing. "

March 22, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to Dr. Gurland for years . I agree he is not the most personable Doctor. When diagnosed with Cancer her was very caring and concerned. Expla..."

March 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "CREDIT VALLEY HOSPITAL'S NURSING STAFF AND DOCTORS WILL YOUR BABIES. STAY AWAY"

February 28, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Gurland did my second c-section, and was phenomenal! He explained everything, especially why it was taking so long (the first one had been botched and a mess..."

February 28, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Rude and Inconsiderate. Does not respect other people's time or needs"

February 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My child was born with physical disability and no one have notice that."

January 31, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I wasn't supposed to have Doctor Gurland but he was the doctor on call the day i was delivering. I found him to be very straight forward, kind and professional...."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "The worst doctor I have ever dealt with. Insensitive, rude and mean. I o not know why he is dealing with patients given his lack of compassion and bad bedsid..."

December 11, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "He delivered my first baby & it couldn't have gone any better, he was knowledgeable & to the point! I was happy to have such a wonderful experience! This Sunda..."

December 5, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I was nervous from reading some of these reviews, but once I met him, I thought he was very knowledgeable, smart, kind and respectful. Patients should do their ..."

November 1, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I have seen this guy twice now this is my first baby and he is so cold. I asked a question and he was like it could be a number of things what do u think? I'm n..."

October 28, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Very rude doctor. Went into the hospital for a biopsy. He didnt introduce himself he talked into my file, I didn't hear a woed he said. Not personal, not helpfu..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Went in with an open mind, excited to meet my obgyn for the first time. He walked into the room after I waited an hour and 45 minutes to see him, didn't introdu..."

October 9, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Our daughter was born when I turned 40, he told us we were too old to have kids in the delivery room! I missed the epidural as they checked me late, there was m..."

October 3, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I was assigned to Dr. Mykan as my OB for my first pregnancy. As per usual, with Credit Valley you visit the OB on call that day. My first encounter with Dr. Gur..."

October 3, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He is the most rude and insensitive doctor. No manners and absolutely not worthy of being a OB."

October 3, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Over the past two years I had been experiencing back pain and very heavy bleeding for at least three weeks out of every month. I was rarely going anywhere othe..."

September 30, 2014
  • First Name changed from "" to "Paul"

July 22, 2012