Ratings for Dr. Paul Gurland

This doc isn't warm and fuzzy- but he is extremely professional, kind and competent. I've been seeing him to treat early stage cancer. This could of course be a terrifying experience. However, his calm demeanor, explanations and knowledge have had an incredibly calming effect on me. His staff are all awesome, warm and friendly. He's a busy guy for sure- but always answers my questions and I trust him.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr. Gurland was the worst Dr. at the CVOBG offices. I only saw him a handful of times as you cycle through the various Dr's and he was constantly pushing to induce delivery early without any further tests to confirm the necessity. When I tried to discuss the options because I did not want to induce he used scare tactics and basically told me I'd die giving birth if I didn't have the baby early. These were obviously used to scare me since when I saw another Dr the next 3 visits the appropriate blood work was done and that Dr was ok with letting me carry to term. Of course on my 40wk visit I got him again and he scheduled induction for the next day and it was horrible. When talking to friends who had seen him as well, it was the same story....scare tactics to induce delivery earlier when other OB's (from the same clinic) tell you it's fine to wait and do the proper tests to see if it's actually necessary. If he's trying to induce early speak to another Dr!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

I delivered my first baby July 21 at credit valley hospital. Dr. Gurland was the doctor on duty when I went in with contractions the morning of. While he doesn't speak much to his patients and isn't an outgoing personality, he's an amazing dr ! I had a vaginal delievery and almost had huge tearing instead he did what was necessary and made a cut to avoid tearing , he is very good , very knowledgeable and knows exactly what he's doing. I'm not 2 weeks postpartum, healed great & had no problems. I really was lucky to go in while he was on duty he really knows what he's doing. Amazing Amazing dr !

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

I met Dr Garland for the first time today as did my daughter.My daughter had endured 17hrs of labour in a effort to deliver our first Grandchild. She is 38 and a first time Mom. The call was made by the wonderful support staff to call Dr Garland, there was talk of a possible C section. Dr Garland delivered our grandson with amazing skill authority and confidence, this aproach enabled my daughter to focus and deliver her son. We are forever grateful.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

He's your doctor and has so many women to see in one day it's incredible. He is busy and has saving our lives on his mind. He has always been courteous, honest and genuinely concerned about my health. The nurses at his clinic as also lovely and provide excellent care.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Thanks to him my labor was a traumatizing experience, he's on call and made sure in 15 mins when he'd log out he'd deliver my c section even when baby wasn't ready. He let my husband out 15 mins I was gassed out so baby was left in the weigh area the whole time. My scar was from hip to hip. He doesn't talk to immigrants so be careful he will treat you like garbage! This man is a troll, bet he loves all these complaints about him, probably gets off on it. He's a sick and sadistic so always ask whose on call or you'll be scarred for life and your baby won't be cared for well esp by the staff bec everyone knows his patients end up having nightmare experience so they won't bother with you after the delivery room too.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

You'll see two types of reviews here for Dr. Gurland; people that appreciate his skills and knowledge, and people that dislike his personality. Which one matters to you? At the end of my 36th week, my husband and I saw Dr. Gurland for our regular OB appointment. Due to a medical condition that I developed, Dr. Gurland advised us of our next step which was to induce and deliver the baby. Thankfully, Dr. Gurland was also on rotation by the time I was ready to deliver. Dr. Gurland was knowledgeable, caring and supportive. It was really his accurate call that lead to us having a successful delivery, and both mom and baby are healthy! Point I'm trying to make is, you shouldn't choose an OB based on how cheerful the person is. You're not going to see them once you deliver and have your follow ups. Choose an OB based on their knowledge and skills, which Dr. Gurland clearly possesses.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Knows exactly what he is doing. Hes really good at what he does. Yes his beside manner is not the warmest. But he doesn't waste time. Perhaps may rub a new mother the wrong way initially- but see past that. He will listen to you. Don't be afraid to ask questions. His answers are short and to the point. He delivered my baby boy

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

This doctor is just horrible. Met him for the first time and he gave me creeps. He seems more like a mechanic then a "Doctor" . I hope I don't get to see him and/or have him during my delivery.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I met Dr. Gurland on June 15th (22 weeks pregnant) and had no issue with him. He is there to do his job and does it well. I totally agree with the person who left a comment here on June 23rd. 2017. He is smart and knowledgeable. I am glad to have him as my OB.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017