Ratings for Dr. Paul Gurland

I can't believe this guy still has a licence. I flat lined twice under his care delivering our son via high forcepts and a rotation (his foot was on the table in OR pulling our baby out of me after 24 hours of doing nothing). Needless to say things have never been the same (he cut me in a large arc). All this after leaving us alone for 24 hours after my wayer broke. This was May 1988. Please do not let this guy touch you or any woman that you care about. He is saddistic and evil.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

My experience with Dr. Gurland was extremely negative. From the moment he walked into the room, he barely said hello, was extremely short and offered limited explanations when we asked questions. He demonstrated himself to be extremely unapproachable and difficult to deal with. The interaction with him alone has been leading me to switch OB offices. Extremely upset and disappointed that an OB can possess these qualities.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Least favorite at ob clinic. Pray he's not my delivering DR...

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

Please do not allow this man near you. I unfortunately had DR. Gurland as the on call OBYN at credit valley and I still have nightmares about him. First he tried to break my water and when he was having a hard time and I was staring to grimace in pain he got frustrated mad and ended up storming out. He would not allow my daughter who was 11 in the room for delivery would not allow my husband to cut the cord and was very rough delivering the placenta. Horrible man. I would not recommend credit valley obgyn sand to ensure I would not encounter him again when I got pregnant with my third I insisted on being referred to Dr Chernick who is an independent obgyn working out of credit valley and who will come deliver the baby any time ensuring you do not get the on call and ensuring no Dr Gurland. That man should be banned from the medical industry

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

I am surprised by some.of the comments. I saw Dr. Gurland for my three daughters and though he did not deliver two of them , he still showed up to check on both of us the next day . For one of them.it was a difficult pregnancy,I still had almost 4 weeks left with a baby who was not gaining weight. I understand that first time parents are overly concerned about every little thing so please do your research and have questions ready, I mean the obstetric ones. Prenatal classes offer a wealth of information on the non-obstetric questions. He is quiet that doesn't mean he is abrupt. He is straight to the point and offers advise as needed. Has anyone noticed how packed the place is. So a lot more people are using their services.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Went to this place and had the most horrible experience. They never take the time to know you or your baby. I ended up being overdue and they never bothered doing an ultrasound. I told them i wanted to be induced but they ignored me and rushed me out as they did every visit. Long story short my baby passed away in my tummy the day before i got induced. A mom knows when something is wrong but these obs failed to listen. I dont recommmend this place to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

He was chill while doing the colposcopy. It is not the most comfortable situation. I liked him. I think the people who made the bad comments were pregnant and naturally angry due to their hormones.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

I'm a 30 something year old woman who had him for a colposcopy. There's something that I like about him, but I can understand how some people could say he doesn't have the best bedside manner or rude, I think he's just different than most doctors. He is very knowledgeable, he let me ask questions and repeated things when I asked for further clarification. We joked around a lot and he doesn't get offended by much. , I think there may be some getting used to if you're not used to his type of demeanour. But overall, he took the time to explain my results and what I need to do for further help.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Had him at my 37 week appointment and he was the rudest most inconsiderate man!!!!!doesn't know how to speak to a pregnant lady at all if he is the on call OB when I am in labour I will be going to another hospital!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Had him for colposcopy, was friendly and let me ask him questions and concerns in another room.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016