You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Paul Gurland

I'm not sure why he's an OB working with hormonal pregnant women. If you want to be demeaned and put down for wanting to pursue a natural labour - he's your man. I wouldn't ask him any questions - he seems to think he is the only one who can perform this medical procedure previously known as birth. I met him a few times in the office - he did not deliver my baby.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015

I'm not sure about the other reviews here, but Dr Gurland was wonderful. I had a colposcopy with him and he was very sweet and knowledgable. I'd be happy to recommend him

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Dr. Gurland may not have the best bedside manner but he has always been polite and matter of fact with me which I appreciate. His knowledge and skill are spoken very highly of from his staff. I have requested him to be my OBGYN for all 3 of my children and he has never ceased to dissapoint (even with my complicated obstetrical history). If you looking for someone who is chummy chummy don't go to him, but if you want someone with meticulous OR skills and a wealth of knowlege he's your man!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

A very dangerous, self centered man. He did almost nothing to help my wife who was suffering terribly from an infection. He just sat around sucking on his large Tim Horton's coffee, and chatting with staff.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

Dr Gurland was robotic ... Doesn't look you in the eye and didn't seem very interested in your appointment ... He may be knowledgable but I would recommend learning people skills ... He is abrupt and doesn't seem like he actually likes his line of work .. If so please retire and allow others to move forward in their careers.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

I have been going to Dr Gurland for years, he is extremely knowledgeable in his area of expertise. As for his bedside manner, he is quiet - not rude or abrupt, just quiet and frankly how much small talk can you expect given the job he is doing.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Though he is quiet and to the point, you can tell this Dr. knows what he is doing. Dr Gurland delivered my baby back in March via csection, I am very happy and content with the way he handled a very stressful situation. His colleagues also speak very highly of him.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Be very careful because your baby might die under his management.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Dr. Paul Gurland's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I'm not sure why he's an OB working with hormonal pregnant women. If you want to be demeaned and put down for wanting to pursue a natural labour - he's your ma..."

December 25, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I'm not sure about the other reviews here, but Dr Gurland was wonderful. I had a colposcopy with him and he was very sweet and knowledgable. I'd be happy to rec..."

December 8, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gurland may not have the best bedside manner but he has always been polite and matter of fact with me which I appreciate. His knowledge and skill are spoken..."

November 6, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Left my son without no ozygen at labor. Please I am advicing people not to attend that clinic. My son was sick kids due to his error. Thanks to sick kids."

October 29, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "A very dangerous, self centered man. He did almost nothing to help my wife who was suffering terribly from an infection. He just sat around sucking on his large..."

October 4, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gurland was robotic ... Doesn't look you in the eye and didn't seem very interested in your appointment ... He may be knowledgable but I would recommend lear..."

September 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to Dr Gurland for years, he is extremely knowledgeable in his area of expertise. As for his bedside manner, he is quiet - not rude or abrupt, ..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Though he is quiet and to the point, you can tell this Dr. knows what he is doing. Dr Gurland delivered my baby back in March via csection, I am very happy and ..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Be very careful because your baby might die under his management."

May 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing but high praises for both Dr. Gurland, Denise and the Nurses! Thank you for everything you have done to improve my health."

May 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gurland is quiet and matter of fact; he is not outgoing. But he sure knows what he is doing. He essentially saved my baby's life. I would trust him implicitl..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Gurland is a WONDERFUL doctor. I believe most people who comment just misunderstand him. After a short stint at amount Sinai, I learned he was one of their top ..."

April 5, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "He is very good doctor, very helpful and knows what he is doing. "

March 22, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to Dr. Gurland for years . I agree he is not the most personable Doctor. When diagnosed with Cancer her was very caring and concerned. Expla..."

March 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "CREDIT VALLEY HOSPITAL'S NURSING STAFF AND DOCTORS WILL YOUR BABIES. STAY AWAY"

February 28, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Gurland did my second c-section, and was phenomenal! He explained everything, especially why it was taking so long (the first one had been botched and a mess..."

February 28, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Rude and Inconsiderate. Does not respect other people's time or needs"

February 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My child was born with physical disability and no one have notice that."

January 31, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I wasn't supposed to have Doctor Gurland but he was the doctor on call the day i was delivering. I found him to be very straight forward, kind and professional...."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "The worst doctor I have ever dealt with. Insensitive, rude and mean. I o not know why he is dealing with patients given his lack of compassion and bad bedsid..."

December 11, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "He delivered my first baby & it couldn't have gone any better, he was knowledgeable & to the point! I was happy to have such a wonderful experience! This Sunda..."

December 5, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I was nervous from reading some of these reviews, but once I met him, I thought he was very knowledgeable, smart, kind and respectful. Patients should do their ..."

November 1, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I have seen this guy twice now this is my first baby and he is so cold. I asked a question and he was like it could be a number of things what do u think? I'm n..."

October 28, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Very rude doctor. Went into the hospital for a biopsy. He didnt introduce himself he talked into my file, I didn't hear a woed he said. Not personal, not helpfu..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Went in with an open mind, excited to meet my obgyn for the first time. He walked into the room after I waited an hour and 45 minutes to see him, didn't introdu..."

October 9, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Our daughter was born when I turned 40, he told us we were too old to have kids in the delivery room! I missed the epidural as they checked me late, there was m..."

October 3, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I was assigned to Dr. Mykan as my OB for my first pregnancy. As per usual, with Credit Valley you visit the OB on call that day. My first encounter with Dr. Gur..."

October 3, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He is the most rude and insensitive doctor. No manners and absolutely not worthy of being a OB."

October 3, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Over the past two years I had been experiencing back pain and very heavy bleeding for at least three weeks out of every month. I was rarely going anywhere othe..."

September 30, 2014
  • First Name changed from "" to "Paul"

July 22, 2012