Ratings for Dr. Jerome Edelstein

I recently had my breast augmentation completed by Dr. Jerome Edelstein. I'd like to personally thank Dr. Edelstein, and the staff for their kindness, professionalism, and most importantly taking their time with me as their client sharing their knowledge, and leaving me feeling confident with my decision. A friend referred me years ago. After having my second baby I was ready to forgo the surgery. After meeting with Dr. Edelstein at his clinic, and meeting the ladies I decided to not visit anyone else for consults. I had that assurance I was in the right hands. Their clinic wasn't neglectful at all. They all took their time with me in regards to any questions & concerns that I had. Personally I've heard friends experiences at their appointments whom were rushed out during consultation. They couldn't even take their time trying samples in size to decide what suits their body . Dr. Edelstein's clinic for me was positively satisfying. They took their time allowing me to try on different sizes, and that helps with decision making tremendously. Prior to my consult I didn't think it was necessary trying samples, however it definitely makes a much easier impact when finalizing your BA size. Once the big day arrived I showed up at the private clinic for surgery, again very professional, and comforting. Few hours later I woke up feeling good. I went home feeling way better then imagining I would be. I'd say out of ten my recovery was an 8. I did not take any pain medication, all though that is a personal preference. I have two children at home. The very next day I was walking around my house feeling the pressure of course, but I was able to independently work slowly in the kitchen attending to my children. I can't believe how well my recovery progressed. Dr. Edelstein uses a bloodless breast augmentation technique, and that results in less trauma and a faster recovery. I now can say this helps immensely. Again friends who did not receive this technique had a much intense recovery time then myself, and weren't out of bed until a week after. I was prepping my babies bottles the next day. I still took it easy, but it felt natural to walk around and use my arms slowly. It's been five months since, and I am 100% happy with my breast augmentation. I went with 375 cc, I am 5'3 .. Originally I wanted only in the low 300's. I was worried as a mom having my breast enter a room before me. I easy, could have gone with 400. However I am so happy with my 375cc. I am wearing a D cup bra, and loving it. Most importantly I can wear a sports bra and keep them in a low profile where they look completely natural, and I can use a push up and have that perfect womanly figure. Another important piece of information that I feel everyone neglects to leave in reviews. "Post-Op" Follow up appointments. Dr. Edelstein schedules routinely visits to examine, and make sure recovery is progressing well. I love that I spent my money to not only receive the vision I wanted, but to also receive a Dr. & his team who thrives in making sure their clients are safe, and educated through out this experience. I have learned information throughout this process which to me knowledge is key. They are a close knit family, and that's what matters. If they're happy your in the right hands! Thank you Dr. Edelstein and ladies for everything. I couldn't imagine finding a clinic as humbling as you all are. Thank you!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

I' ve finally managed to lose my spare tire! After years of hiding my belly and being unable to lose weight, I decided to invest in lipo. I researched many doctors in the area but Dr. Edelstein was the clear winner. The quote even ended up being far less than I was anticipating as I'd opted to do two areas. Overall, the experience has been very positive. The surgery was quick and the next day, I was up and about--no one had any clue I'd just had a procedure. Getting a flatter stomach has inspired me to work harder at getting in shape and the rest of my body looks much better now too. I'm so glad to know that even if I gain some weight back, my proportions will always be better than before. I wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again and highly recommend Dr. Edelstein's clinic to anyone who wants to feel better about their shape.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

After breastfeeding I was left with a loss a volume in my breasts. I began to search for plastic surgeons and I came across the highly rated Dr. Edelstein. What drew me to him initially was his highly informative website. I liked how he took the time to make extensive videos and appreciated that the surgical fees were listed in plain view - everything was so transparent. Once I met him, I knew he was the right fit for me. He is so down to earth and approachable. I left the consult with absolutely no fears, just pure excitement & happiness. He answered all my questions and took his time. He also made it a point to address my husband and make him feel just as included in the process, which I really appreciated. Heather was tremendously patient in helping me determine the right size. I wanted to keep my surgery private and look natural. Trust her, she was bang on! The day of surgery was a breeze. I was able to walk to my car by myself and chatted to my husband the whole 2 hour car ride home. My husband was in awe. He expected it to go completely different! The first 3 days were the hardest, BUT with that being said, I only had discomfort when having to actually USE my pec muscles (to sit up or lay back). I was up walking around and able see my little ones off to school on the second day. In fact, not one single person in my family even knows I had the surgery - And they saw me 24 hours post op!! That's how skilled he is! I credit my smooth recovery to his bloodless technique (I had virtually no bruising!) and to his top notch surgical skills. I am now 6 months post op and I've never felt better. In fact, I don't even think of them anymore! They've just become such a part of my body that I almost forget I had surgery. I honestly couldn't be happier at how beautiful they have settled. They're soft, natural looking, symmetrical, and the recovery was a breeze compared to other stories I've heard. I would highly recommend Dr. E to anyone. Simply put, his stellar reviews speak for themselves!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

I have said my entire teenage and young adult life that I would love to have bigger breasts! So it was no surprise to my friends and family that at the age of 32 I had finally decided to go ahead with breast augmentation surgery. With the support of my family, I began the online search for ‘The Best’ Plastic Surgeon in the city. I visited various websites and was always left with questions or an uncomfortable feeling, until I found Dr. Edelstein’s website. With all of the information, FAQ’s, videos and testimonials I instantly knew I had found my surgeon. I made an appointment for a consultation and took my # 1 supporter, my mom, with me!! After speaking with Dr. Jerome Edelstein in person, we both without even having a conversation about it felt very comfortable in his hands and would be booking surgery prior to leaving the office that day. He speaks with confidence without any overconfidence, he tells you exactly what he is going to do, and what is most appropriate for your body. It was a tremendously big deal for me to get the feeling that the surgeon wasn’t going to allow me to do anything that would be too big for my body type (there are surgeons who would give you anything you want, without discussing consequences or proportions). The entire process from consultation to completion of my surgery was really rather quick, and that made me very happy as I tend not to want to wait very long once my mind is made up . The staff within Dr. Edelstein’s office were extremely warm, friendly and knowledgeable. Heather made me feel very comfortable trying on the sizes and was happy to share her honest opinion with me, also, I did not feel rushed or like I was taking too long to choose. When my ‘big day’ came on June 8, 2016, I arrived at the private clinic and was welcomed in a comfortable and very professional manner. The room was comfortable and felt like I was in someone’s home or a hotel. The nurses and assistants were again very comforting and kind. My mind was unusually at peace with the whole thing and was put more at rest when Dr. Edelstein came into the room prior to surgery to make the markings. I have had medical surgery before and was so terrified my eyes were watering the entire time right up until I was asleep, not this time… I walked myself into the operating room smiling and even laughing feeling nervous but at ease and Dr. Edelstein seemed to be there with me from start to finish. My recovery process has been relatively seamless, at first I had discomfort and tightness from pressure of course but nothing compared to what I was expecting. I had very minimal swelling and NO bruising (which is amazing in itself as I bruise very easily). I was up the next day doing little things and walking around a little bit feeling uncomfortable and awkward but I was alright. Dr. Edelstein’s Bloodless surgical approach really is unique and quite amazing, he is a very skilled plastic surgeon and would recommend his practice to anyone. If you are seriously looking into having a breast augmentation done, look no further and don’t let another year go by, you are in great hands with Dr. Edelstein!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

I had wanted a breast augmentation now for over 10 years and I wanted to go to the best surgeon and not necessarily the one that was closest to me. After doing loads of research on surgeons in a few provinces, I had decided of Dr. Jerome Edelstein. His qualifications, before and after pictures, as well as all the positive reviews were enough to make me book both my consultation as well as surgery date before even meeting with him. He is so nice and knows what he is doing. I put total faith in him and his team and I am not disappointed. Love him :)

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

I had a breast augmentation on May 27, 2016 by Dr. Edelstein. I couldn't be happier with the outcome, the treatment I received, the warm hospitality and knowledge of all staff and overall the entire process. I began my search in April and after being recommended by a couple of friends, I decided to book an appointment with Dr. Edelstein. I felt all of my questions were answered and I was never rushed. I was so happy with my consultation that I never sought a second opinion, I just knew it was meant to be. The clinic is great, the staff are exceptional and Dr. Edelstein is so professional and down to earth. Heather was so helpful in sizing and trying on different sizes, she never made me feel rushed and was so pleasant. I was welcomed back anytime to try on and assured that I did not need to settle on size during the first visit. I was also encouraged to call anytime with any questions or concerns. I was normally a 34B and was given a recommended range of 340, 385 or 415 cc. I am 5'1" and 115 lbs, my fear was always going too big and not looking natural (as natural can be for a BA). I was reassured to follow my gut, which I did and went with 385 cc and I couldn't be happier with the result. My surgery was scheduled for a day that was at Humber River Hospital which is a brand new beautiful location and everything is completely digital which allowed my husband to receive texts messages throughout my entire procedure (when I entered OR, when procedure started, when it finished, when I went to recovery and when he could come in). I had a bilateral sub pectoral BA and the surgery was seamless. Dr Edelstein's bedside manner is exceptional and he reduced all of my fears (of surgery ), it was such a pleasant experience. My recovery was more difficult than most however for no reason at all other than we all heal at different speeds and I happen to be in that 10% that have a more lengthy recovery. I took 10 days off work and would honestly say that I was 5-6 weeks until I was comfortable again. I didn't want to take pain meds (personal decision) however quickly learned I required the prescribed percocets in order to stay comfortable and to get the proper sleep to heal quickly. I had zero side effects from the medication. The pressure (similar to that of engorgement) was intense for me personally. The pain was tolerable with the medication, but I would be lying if I said recovery was a breeze. I was up and walking around as suggested and was sure to restrict my arm movements as directed. I was fortunate enough to have my husband to help me around the clock for the first week and a very understanding 5 year old who knew mommy wasn't feeling well. I was able to rely on my friends past experience as well as call Heather anytime just to be reassured the feelings I was experiencing were normal and the pain would subside. I had zero bruising and normal swelling. Be forewarned on day 2 when you take your bra off to shower they are misshapen and swollen and they won't stay looking that way (don't panic, it's normal). When you have good days, don't overdue it, relax and let your body heal. It will speed the recovery process. The post-op follow up with Dr. Edelstein and staff is exceptional, they truly care and guide you through the entire journey to make it a pleasant experience. Heather, Louise, Alex, and Dr. Edelstein, you all exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier with my procedure.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

Hello there my name is Susie and first off I would like to say thank you so much dr edelstien for your amazing work on my recent breast augmentation he made me feel so comfortable and his staff is amazing also a special thank you to heather who answered all my questions and concerns. I would definitely recommend dr edelstien for future surgery I will continue to have any kind of surgery with him, thanks again

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

I cannot express how amazing of an experience I have had with Dr. Edelstein and his entire staff. I had my breast augmentation on August 2015 with Dr. Edelstein. I chose Dr. Edelstein as my surgeon after doing lots of research and reading through reviews of best rated surgeons in Toronto. After my first consultation appointment with Dr. Edelstein I was sure that I made the correct decision and that I was in the right hands. Dr. Edelstein is extremely professional, knowledgeable, and experienced. He is also very welcoming and he cares a lot about his patients. I loved how he took his time with me to answer all my questions in details and educating me on the procedure. Also at the day of my surgery he did an amazing job in helping me to feel comfortable and calm. Most importantly my result is OUTSTANDING. I cannot tell how happy and excited I am about my new body. I had no complication during or after the surgery. Everything was very smooth. I had almost no pain as well (my implants are placed over the muscle). The only thing I remember is that the first day after my anesthesia I felt a little nauseous which is absolutely normal. Further, I am very happy with the size of my implant. I discussed the size of my implants with Dr. Edelstein and his wonderful staff (Heather) during two appointments before my surgery. I was able to take my time and try different sizes and decide which look I would like to go with. Initially I wanted to go with 300 cc, however, after trying on different sizes I decided to go with 385 cc and I am so happy with my decision. Before the surgery I was 34A. Right now I am 34D or 32DD (I am 5’ 55’’ and 60 kg). Last but not least, in addition to the pre-op appointment, Dr. Edelstein scheduled three post-op appointments in order to make sure recovery is progressing well and to answer my questions. THANK YOU SO MUCH Dr. Edelstein for being such an amazing person and surgeon! Also thank you very much Heather for all your help!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

It is now two months post my breast augmentation surgery, done by Dr. Edelstein and I couldn't be any happier. Since the first moment I walked into the office and met Luise and Heather I was very impressed with the knowledgeable, patient, and friendly staff. Shortly after, I met Dr. Edelstein - and within few seconds I knew he is the best surgeon I could choose for myself. I trusted him 100%. Now, being after the procedure, I can confirm, that he is absolutely the best. Very aesthetically accurate, extremely knowledgeable, professional, takes the time to listen carefully and answer all your concerns, has a very pleasant personality and approach to his clients. He explains in a very detailed form, as well as gives you written instructions before and after the surgery. He guides you through every step of the way; what to do, what to eat, what to expect, what is normal, and what should be avoided. I was very scared to go under the knife, and afraid of the anesthesiology, the recovery (as i am a mother of two), the shape of my breast, and all to do with the surgery. Thanks to Dr. Edelstein, all my fears and concerns were very short lived, and he performed such an outstanding job, that I can't be more thankful to him, . The staff at the hospital was also great, the nurses, and the anesthesiologist (Tania) made me feel very comfortable and not nervous. Dr. Edelstein is very honest and sincere, he suggests the best and ultimate look for your image. His technique is absolutely amazing, you don't need to massage the breast, and the breast looks gorgeous. I really highly recommend Dr. Edelstein as a plastic surgeon for a clean, beautiful, natural looking, classy and elegant look- he sure delivers that, and goes above and beyond your expectations. THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY DREAM COME TRUE. Another happy, and thankful client :) IR.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

I recently had my breast augumentation surgery done by Dr Edelstein. I went for my consultation with him last year. I felt very comfortable from the beginning, he answered all my questions and explained the surgery in detail and the same day I booked my surgery. My surgery was on April 20th, 2016. I got the incision under the breast / under the chest muscle / 450 CC / high-profile / cohesive gel. I went from a 34 B to now a 34 DD. I did go the largest I could for my body frame he gave me 3 options and for the look I was trying to get I didn't want to have any regrets that I didn't go big enough, since once they're in your body you do lose about 20 CC and after watching all these videos about 90% of them the girls always said they wish they went a little bigger. Surgery day everything went smoothly the surgery was about an hour and a half. I went in at 8 a.m. to his private clinic and woke up at 9:50 a.m , all the staff was very pleasant no complaints. I was home by 11:30 a.m. I did so much research before and watched a lot of YouTube videos of the recovery process and every girl that I watched had excessive amount of bruising, so I was prepared for myself to get a lot of bruising as well. I took all the prescribed drugs and creams and actually didn't have any bruising at all, the only bruise I had was on my hand from the anesthesia. The first three to five days I was a little sore, never in real pain just hard to move/ breathe. Just felt like a lot of pressure was on your chest. I was so glad and grateful that I could take two weeks off of work. I could have went back probably after 7 days but it was nice to relax at home watch some movies and just rest. I am so pleased with the results. The outcome is exactly what I was looking for. I will definitely be going back to Dr Edelstein Cosmetic and would refer his Clinic to anyone in the Toronto area , or outside of Toronto definitely worth the drive. Thank you for everything!! Alicia C.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

Dr. Jerome Edelstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Head of the Division of Plastic Surgery, Humber River Hospital Member, Canadian Society of Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgery Member, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Member, Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons Member, International Society of Plastic Surgeons Fellow in Plastic Surgery, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Quality Assurance Committee Member, Medico-legal Expert Opinions, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario Member, Canadian and Ontario Medical Associations

• English

• University of Toronto

• Breast augmentation
  • Tummy tuck
  • Liposuction
  • Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men)

• Physician Recognition Award from the American Medical Association
  • Cody Silver Medal for finishing 2'nd overall in the medical program, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
  • Dean's Honour List, Graduation with Honours, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
  • Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery from the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
  • Certificate of Recognition from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons