Ratings for Dr. Jerome Edelstein

I recently had my breast augmentation completed by Dr. Jerome Edelstein. I'd like to personally thank Dr. Edelstein, and the staff for their kindness, professionalism, and most importantly taking their time with me as their client sharing their knowledge, and leaving me feeling confident with my decision. A friend referred me years ago. After having my second baby I was ready to forgo the surgery. After meeting with Dr. Edelstein at his clinic, and meeting the ladies I decided to not visit anyone else for consults. I had that assurance I was in the right hands. Their clinic wasn't neglectful at all. They all took their time with me in regards to any questions & concerns that I had. Personally I've heard friends experiences at their appointments whom were rushed out during consultation. They couldn't even take their time trying samples in size to decide what suits their body . Dr. Edelstein's clinic for me was positively satisfying. They took their time allowing me to try on different sizes, and that helps with decision making tremendously. Prior to my consult I didn't think it was necessary trying samples, however it definitely makes a much easier impact when finalizing your BA size. Once the big day arrived I showed up at the private clinic for surgery, again very professional, and comforting. Few hours later I woke up feeling good. I went home feeling way better then imagining I would be. I'd say out of ten my recovery was an 8. I did not take any pain medication, all though that is a personal preference. I have two children at home. The very next day I was walking around my house feeling the pressure of course, but I was able to independently work slowly in the kitchen attending to my children. I can't believe how well my recovery progressed. Dr. Edelstein uses a bloodless breast augmentation technique, and that results in less trauma and a faster recovery. I now can say this helps immensely. Again friends who did not receive this technique had a much intense recovery time then myself, and weren't out of bed until a week after. I was prepping my babies bottles the next day. I still took it easy, but it felt natural to walk around and use my arms slowly. It's been five months since, and I am 100% happy with my breast augmentation. I went with 375 cc, I am 5'3 .. Originally I wanted only in the low 300's. I was worried as a mom having my breast enter a room before me. I easy, could have gone with 400. However I am so happy with my 375cc. I am wearing a D cup bra, and loving it. Most importantly I can wear a sports bra and keep them in a low profile where they look completely natural, and I can use a push up and have that perfect womanly figure. Another important piece of information that I feel everyone neglects to leave in reviews. "Post-Op" Follow up appointments. Dr. Edelstein schedules routinely visits to examine, and make sure recovery is progressing well. I love that I spent my money to not only receive the vision I wanted, but to also receive a Dr. & his team who thrives in making sure their clients are safe, and educated through out this experience. I have learned information throughout this process which to me knowledge is key. They are a close knit family, and that's what matters. If they're happy your in the right hands! Thank you Dr. Edelstein and ladies for everything. I couldn't imagine finding a clinic as humbling as you all are. Thank you!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Dr. Jerome Edelstein

Dr. Jerome Edelstein's response
Thank you very much for your kind words ! Dr E

Submitted November 14, 2016

Great doctor. I had a breast augmentation in July 2016. Procedure and recovery went smoothly. His technique was exceptional. I could not visibly see any bruising. His staff were friendly and very helpful. Love the results.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Marvelous Surgeon, Stupendous Surgery, Exemplary Service. I give Dr Edelstein and his staff a 10 out of 10. From the moment I walked into the clinic, until my last appointament 6 months later, I have had the positive experience of a lifetime, a life-changing event. I only wish I'd done it sooner ! If you are looking for a great plastic surgeon, please see Dr Edelstein.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Just completed my breast augmentation and periareolar lift on Dec.15th! Both Dr. Edelstein and the Humber River staff made what could have been an uncomfortable procedure such an easy and enjoyable process. Dr. Edelstein is incredibly kind and patient. His talent and skill are obvious he is a true artist ! The Humber River staff are the mostly lovely and friendly bunch of nurses and administrators who made my procedure so comfortable. It shows in their joyful attitudes that they love what they do. I had 450cc silicone implants subglandual with inframammary incision and a pariareolar lift. The pain was minimal and only lasted one day post -op. I have had no bruising and so far I'm thrilled with my results! I cannot stop grinning. If you are considering a procedure with Dr. Edelstein you are making the right choice!!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

I wish I knew my doctor Jerome 5 years ago .I had 3 kids never thought my body will look young again.Doctor Jerome has a special talant ! I always wanted to do my BBL but was not sure about it .He give my body new look and me and my husband VERY HAPPY with it .I recommend this doctor to anyone who want improve body shape and get confidence back !!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

My experience with Dr. Edelstein has been entirely positive from the initial consultation to the final result 6 months later. I ultimately decided on Dr. Edelstein because of the reviews, which I have to say accurately portrays him. He and his staff are extremely kind, positive, and timely in their communication, and made me feel at ease at all times, before and after the surgery. During my consultations, Dr. Edelstein went over the different types of implants, and the sizes that would fit me depending on the look I wanted. I’m Asian and started with essentially a flat chest, and Dr. Edelstein provided me with three suggestions that he thought would look good on me. I eventually settled on a 295CC silicone implant under the muscle, which I was told was the largest that could be placed all the while maintaining a natural look. I am absolutely thrilled with the decision! The surgery itself went smoothly. The anesthesiologist was extremely kind and funny, which was comforting considering a surgery was about to take place. Definitely made me feel at ease! After the surgery was done, I was watched over by a nurse for a few hours before being released to go home. I was prescribed some medication which helped a lot, and provided with Dr. Edelstein’s number in case anything came up (which none did!) I’ve gone back for a 2-month follow-up and a 6-month follow-up, and felt both times were extremely helpful in addressing any questions I had had. Dr. Edelstein is nothing short of an exceptional doctor!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

I recently had breast reduction surgery and liposuction, and the experience was so positive from start to finish. My breasts were always a source of dissatisfaction for me and the consultation with Dr. Edelstein put me at ease and about making this change in my life. Everything was explained in detail, the pre- and post-surgery care was outstanding, and I am so pleased with the outcome. The staff are cheerful, helpful and empathetic. This was one of the best decisions of my life and I would recommend Dr. Edelstein to anyone considering this procedure. Thank you Dr. Edelstein and your outstanding staff for your care and support!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

My whole experience from start to finish with Dr Edelstein and his staff was amazing. This was the first major surgery I've ever had in my life and I was certainly nervous. Dr Edelstein was professional and knowledgeable and patient and honestly he put me at ease almost immediately. I felt confident and comfortable and I couldn't be happier with the results...best thing I've ever done for myself (reduction, lift and liposuction with some resizing of the areola) and I am so thankful! I'm already planning my next procedure with Edelstein Cosmetics and Dr Edelstein! It's been 6 months since my surgery and my breasts look exactly how I imagined they would. I feel great and honestly, he's given me my confidence back with this procedure. The procedure itself, as well as the recovery was really painless (for me) ... I was only using pain medication for the one day following the operation and then I was able to manage with just some Tylenol. I was up and mobile and doing my thing (slowly of course). I am so happy with how everything looks and feels. There are not enough words to explain what this had done for my life... Theres no need to shop around...this is your Dr!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

It has been 6 months since my breast augmentation surgery and I recently had my last post-surgery follow-up appointment. I am VERY happy with my results and am very pleased with the overall experience. I was a 34A cup. I selected a 415cc round silicone cohesive gel implant, sub-pectoral (under the muscle) placement through infra-mammary incision (just above the crease under the breast), now I’m a 34D. After years of contemplation, I scheduled my initial consultation with Dr. Jerome Edelstein based on a friend’s referral. I left my initial consult with Dr. Jerome Edelstein feeling comfortable with him as a surgeon. He answered all of my questions with patience and gave me his size recommendations based on what I wanted and my physique. After that I consulted with a different surgeon who was very friendly and I felt very comfortable with, but I did not like his size recommendations, which were quite different from Dr. Edelstein’s. He had reasoning why these sizes were “more appropriate” for me, whereas what I wanted would end up being problematic. As such, I was faced with a difficult decision. I spoke to Heather a couple of times at Edelstein Cosmetic. She was very helpful and patient to talk this out with me and made me feel confident in selecting Dr. Edelstein. During my consult to make the final decision regarding my implant size Heather was helpful, but I felt rushed into the decision. I am very happy with my selection, and would not change a thing, but it was the most difficult step in the process for me. On the day of my surgery, Dr. Edelstein greeted me and introduced me to the Anesthesiologist. They were both very friendly, put me at ease and made me feel incredibly comfortable, which I was thankful for considering this was my first ever surgery. Dr Edelstein’s bedside manner was exactly what I needed. It was nice to have the surgery at the new, state-of-the-art Humber River Hospital. The surgery went well, without issue and Dr. Edelstein checked up on me after the surgery and put my mind at ease. The pain post-surgery was not bad at all. I took two weeks off work post-surgery for recovery. Since then, my breasts have softened up quite nicely with time and look and feel great. I still have numbness on the underside of both breasts and my nipple-feeling has changed – due to nerve damage from the surgery. I expect in time this will continue to improve. I have a tendency to scar fairly badly, but by following the scar treatment prescribed I am thrilled with how well my scars have healed. I am very happy I chose Dr. Edelstein for my surgery and if I were to do it all over again I would not change a thing. My recommendation to anyone considering BA is do your research, select a Doctor you feel comfortable with, and don’t sacrifice what you want based on a different doctor’s recommendation. After all, you have to be happy with the results.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

I recently had a breast augmentation by Dr. Jerome Edelstein. I've always wanted to have the procedure done by him, I'm very glad that I did. I was very nervous about having to have it above the muscle but he was able to calm me down. Him and his team were very helpful and informative. The recovery was fairly quick, I'm very happy with the results and recommend everyone to go to him.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Dr. Jerome Edelstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Head of the Division of Plastic Surgery, Humber River Hospital Member, Canadian Society of Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgery Member, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Member, Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons Member, International Society of Plastic Surgeons Fellow in Plastic Surgery, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Quality Assurance Committee Member, Medico-legal Expert Opinions, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario Member, Canadian and Ontario Medical Associations

• English

• University of Toronto

• Breast augmentation
  • Tummy tuck
  • Liposuction
  • Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men)

• Physician Recognition Award from the American Medical Association
  • Cody Silver Medal for finishing 2'nd overall in the medical program, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
  • Dean's Honour List, Graduation with Honours, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
  • Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery from the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
  • Certificate of Recognition from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons