Dr. Jerome Edelstein

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jerome Edelstein

I'm currently 2 months post op and I had the most amazing experience with Dr. Edelstein and his office. He performed my breast augmentation in April 2017 and came off the recommendation from my mom. He is very active on Real Self and recently won the RealSelf Top 100 Award. From beginning to end he was so knowledgeable and respectful. He really took the time to understand what my goal was and recommended sizes from there. His staff is also amazing, his nurse Heather does your sizing appointment and helps you choose your implant size. Her knowledge and experience is indispensable. She was such a great part of the process, using her experience with past procedures in helping you make the right choice. For instance, I had a back and forth battle with myself when trying to finalize a size, I couldn't decide between 370CC and 415CC. Heather told me that just about everyone in my situation who picks the smaller size comes to their post-op follow up wishing they would have chosen bigger. Also once the implant is put under your muscle you do lose a little so they tend to be a bit smaller than just trying them on. I'm so glad she was there to guide me in my decision as I went for the bigger size and I couldn't be happier ---- I know now that I would have been unhappy with the smaller. Another point I wanted to touch on was Dr. Edelstein's bedside manner--he is so kind and comforting. He checked on me before and after my surgery when in hospital and his attitude made my time there a breeze knowing I was in good hands. He is also readily available to answer any questions / concerns post op. A day or two after my surgery I started to react to the pain medication, my entire body was very itchy. I called his after-hours line as this was a Saturday afternoon, spoke with his nurse and within 15 minutes Dr. Edelstein called me directly. He let me know it was a normal reaction and that I can take Benadryl to ease the itching. When I went for my 2 week follow up in the hospital, the nurse there who helped with my bandages was even raving about Dr. Edelstein, saying he was the best around and that she sees women fly from all over Canada to get their procedures performed by him. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Edelstein for anyone searching for the best cosmetic surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Dr Edelstein was absolutely amazing, so was his staff. He was very patient and answered all questions I asked. Recovery was smooth. His work is amazing and I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

Dr Edelstein was absolutely amazing as well as the staff, they made me feel so comfortable and at ease because they were so knowledgeable and honest. very professional as well, as you can see i rated them 5 star all across.. i would, and have recommended to many friends and clients, i am 10 months post augmentation and i am so happy with the results.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

I cannot begin to express how happy I am with dr Edelsteins work. I am 6 months post op from having my breast augmentation surgery. The doctor was very knowledgeable and very patient to answer all my questions. I highly highly recommend him!!!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

I’m about 2 months post-op and so far I am pleased and satisfied with the outcome. I spent a lot time researching, not just doctors, but experiences and information so I could have something to compare to when I met a doctor in person. And I really believe Dr. Edelstein is one of the best surgeons in this area, he absolutely cares about what you desire to have and how you feel. Genuinely, he wants to help because if you’re happy, then he’s happy. We had a great, direct, truthful conversation and he really paid attention to everything I discussed with him and to the photos I shared with him. He also took into consideration that I’m diabetic, type 1, and needed to take certain steps to avoid potential health risks and to ease my peace of mind during the surgery, as a good doctor should. There was a plan in place pre-surgery, during surgery and post-surgery. I choose with his support, incision under the breast, and so far, the scars are looking fantastic. The length might vary from person to person, but the thinness of the incision is minimal and with the help of Dermatix (recommended), they should fade nicely. This was my first surgery experience as a diabetic and really I felt assured that he would take care of everything. And I really felt, from the beginning, that he has a personal drive to do the best job possible and that’s wonderful. The only unfavorable comment I would share because I see how easily it could be improved would be the suggestion of the main manager to be more organized. She seemed a tad all over the place with her admin tasks. Maybe it’s something she’s personally trying to improve but I appreciated the efforts of the staff overall. With each appointment at the office, everyone seemed to be smiling and enjoying their day at work. Specifically, Delia was very lovely and sincere, she seemed to really be interested in the overall outcome and making sure I was taken care of. Absolutely would recommend Dr. Edelstein to all.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

I cannot express my gratitude towards Dr. Edelstein and his team enough. After researching for 3 years and consulting several surgeons, I knew I was making the right choice when choosing Dr. Edelstein as my surgeon for my breast augmentetion. He took the time to understand my expectations, while successfully inputting his professional opinion. Dr. Edelstein and his exceptional team guided me throughout the entire process, which allowed me to feel calm and prepared the whole way through. Aside from my amazing results, I experienced very minimal pain and a very quick recovery! Overall, a truly amazing experience.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

I really do not like the office. They never call you back and I am not sure why. I guess they figure that they cannot earn much money off of me so they are not keen. Unprofessional and greedy in my opinion

flag | Submitted March 3, 2018

Dr. Jerome Edelstein

Dr. Jerome Edelstein's response
Our policy is to answer all our messages within one business day. We do receive an enormous number of calls every day, but it is rare for us to miss a call. Please try us again, or e-mail us at info@edelsteincosmetic.com .

Submitted March 29, 2018

Dr. Edelstein was a recommendation from a friend who had seen him for a breast augmentation in early 2017. She couldn't stop raving about how great he was and her results were fantastic, so of course, I had to get myself in for an appointment. My consult was late September 2017, and my surgery was booked very shortly thereafter for mid-October (the consult appointment takes the longest wait, but surgery dates are quick!). First, the consult: I am a very petite and slender individual who was naturally blessed/cursed with very little breast tissue (5'6", 115lb, small bone structure). My goal was to have two small handfuls at the end. I wanted something natural, and something that would maintain my slender profile. I was clear about not wanting to be top heavy. Sure enough, Dr. Edelstein listened and delivered. He gave me three size recommendations of which I went with the smallest: 280cc low profile plus cohesive gel, a slightly wider, flatter implant known for delivering a more natural slope and overall profile. The PERFECT choice for me. Dr. Edelstein's greatest attribute is perhaps his easy going, personable demeanour. He exudes a quiet confidence, and that in turn, puts you as a patient completely at ease. I opted for the surgery date at Humber River Hospital vs. the private surgery clinic, and have to say the entire process was smooth and enjoyable. Overall, I was impressed by how the hospital operated - from the text message notifications, to the bedside care. All fantastic. In terms of recovery, as promised, it was a very smooth process which is undoubtedly attributed to Dr. Edelstein's elevated surgical technique/approach. I did end up with every possible post-op side effect (from the hypersensitivity, to the mondor's cords, to the crackling under the skin) but hey, nothing I didn't prepare myself to undergo and all considered normal to expect. I am now almost 5 months post-op and my breasts are healing great. So pleased! Best money I've spent and exactly the outcome I had hoped for.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2018

I am currently 5 months post-op second surgical procedure with Dr. Edelstein and I am very happy. I had a breast augumentation in 2014 and my scar is so thin you can barely see anything, I had a full abdominoplasty in September and I was scared because he said the scar would be hip to hip, immediately, I thought big ugly scar, that I would most likely have to cover with a tattoo. I am 5 months post op and I can barely see a scar, just a small thin line, which you can’t even notice unless I show it to you.,I went on vacation a couple weeks ago and I wore the tiniest bikini and my scar stayed hidden. I also thought I would be in alot a pain after my surgery, but it really wasn’t bad at all. I am please with my breast, they look and feel natural,and I always get tons amd tons of compliments. I reccommend all my friends having their procedure to see Dr. Edelstein, not only is he professional and the best at what he does, he is pleasant, and kind, and he took his time to explain the procedure and answered my calls after my surgery when I had questions. His staff, Heather and Louise are wonderful. I am more confident and happy and I feel beautiful. Thank you Dr. Edelstein and staff! You are all awesome! 😊 KD

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

I had a breast augmentation done by Dr. Edelstein just slightly over a year ago. Having 2 children my main priority was health and safety so I was looking for an exceptional specialist who would pay extra attention to those things. And I’m very happy i’ve chosen Dr. Edelstein. Before the operation I was quite nervous but doctor was very comforting and calm so it made me assure that i’m In good hands. The operation went quite well although I would prefer the anesthesiologist gave me the smaller dose of anesthesia as the first 24 hours after the operation I felt quite horrible. Overall the intense recovery period lasted for about 10 days. Surprisingly I didn’t feel any pain at all. May be just the tension. I even didnt need the pain killers. In about 2 weeks I got back to my real self. I am very happy with the results and everybody says I look quite natural. The staff is always there to help and very friendly. I have recommended Dr. Edelstein to my friends already and I think I will come back for other procedures when needed.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Dr. Jerome Edelstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Head of the Division of Plastic Surgery, Humber River Hospital Member, Canadian Society of Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgery Member, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Member, Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons Member, International Society of Plastic Surgeons Fellow in Plastic Surgery, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Quality Assurance Committee Member, Medico-legal Expert Opinions, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario Member, Canadian and Ontario Medical Associations

• English

• University of Toronto

• Breast augmentation
  • Tummy tuck
  • Liposuction
  • Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men)

• Certificate of Recognition from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
  • Physician Recognition Award from the American Medical Association
  • Cody Silver Medal for finishing 2'nd overall in the medical program, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
  • Dean's Honour List, Graduation with Honours, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
  • Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery from the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery

• Of Chickens and Red Flags (Editorial) - publication