Dr. Jerome Edelstein

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jerome Edelstein

I'm currently 2 months post op and I had the most amazing experience with Dr. Edelstein and his office. He performed my breast augmentation in April 2017 and came off the recommendation from my mom. He is very active on Real Self and recently won the RealSelf Top 100 Award. From beginning to end he was so knowledgeable and respectful. He really took the time to understand what my goal was and recommended sizes from there. His staff is also amazing, his nurse Heather does your sizing appointment and helps you choose your implant size. Her knowledge and experience is indispensable. She was such a great part of the process, using her experience with past procedures in helping you make the right choice. For instance, I had a back and forth battle with myself when trying to finalize a size, I couldn't decide between 370CC and 415CC. Heather told me that just about everyone in my situation who picks the smaller size comes to their post-op follow up wishing they would have chosen bigger. Also once the implant is put under your muscle you do lose a little so they tend to be a bit smaller than just trying them on. I'm so glad she was there to guide me in my decision as I went for the bigger size and I couldn't be happier ---- I know now that I would have been unhappy with the smaller. Another point I wanted to touch on was Dr. Edelstein's bedside manner--he is so kind and comforting. He checked on me before and after my surgery when in hospital and his attitude made my time there a breeze knowing I was in good hands. He is also readily available to answer any questions / concerns post op. A day or two after my surgery I started to react to the pain medication, my entire body was very itchy. I called his after-hours line as this was a Saturday afternoon, spoke with his nurse and within 15 minutes Dr. Edelstein called me directly. He let me know it was a normal reaction and that I can take Benadryl to ease the itching. When I went for my 2 week follow up in the hospital, the nurse there who helped with my bandages was even raving about Dr. Edelstein, saying he was the best around and that she sees women fly from all over Canada to get their procedures performed by him. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Edelstein for anyone searching for the best cosmetic surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

My experience with Dr. Edelstein and the staff has been excellent. They all have been very punctual , knowledgeable and helpful in all areas I had questions and concerns in. After I left the hospital they called me a few times to make sure I was doing well and they always re assured me to call the office if I had any concerns or issues. Dr. Edelstein and the staff were very supportive for me during this process. I am very, very happy with the results of my tummy tuck and breast lift. Thank you so much for all that you have done!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

I am now four months post op and very happy with the results. I did a lot of research before coming in on what questions I should be asking and Dr. Edelstein was very understanding and answered all my questions. My chest was asymmetrical and one breast barely filled an A cup so I wanted to even that out and go up to a C cup. Heather was very knowledgeable and helped me out with the sizing. The operation went smoothly and Heather even calmed me down after I was panicking that they swelled a lot and one was a bit bigger than the other. They have now evened out and feel very natural and you can’t even see the scar. Overall it was an amazing experience and all the staff are great.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

I've had an amazing experience with Dr. Edelstein and his staff from the start. I'm now 7-months post-op from my breast augmentation. He is extremely knowledgeable and respectful. I felt very much at ease during our initial consultation. His staff is also very friend and knowledgable too. I would highly recommend him and his team to anyone looking for plastic surgery care. My final results are awesome too!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

I am two months post op breast augmentation with Dr. Edelstein and am very happy I made the choice to go with him. My biggest concern was because I am quite petite, the last thing I wanted is something too big for my frame or looked very unnatural. During the consultation, both the doctor and his assistant Heather was very attentive to what I wanted and suggested the size for me which turned out exactly what I wanted! Without their expertise I wouldve chosen a smaller size and not be happy with it. I felt very comfortable with Dr. Edelstein during the consultation and surgery, he is very gentle and professional so I knew I was in good hands. Now I am really enjoying my results and cant wait for it to drop and fluff out. Thank you so much Dr. Edelstein and his team, I would 100% recommend him to anyone out there wanting to get it done.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

I am over the moon ecstatic about Dr. Edelstein’s work. I have seen him over the years for various different issues, but I wanted to share a particular experience I have had recently that touched me very deeply. I had Dr. Edelstein preform a breast reduction with smaller implant for me in 2013. I was quite young and breastfeeding my future baby was always something that was important for me. I had a lot of anxiety going into the surgery mainly regarding being able to breastfeed any future children I would have. I had asked Dr. Edelstein to please do whatever he could to keep my nipple and milk ducts intact as much as possible. I knew that this was easier said than done! He agreed to do his best, but as with these surgeries I should understand the consequence of my decision - it may be unlikely that I would be able to fully breastfeed in the future. Due to my back pain and unhappiness with the large size of my breasts, I opted to still have the surgery. Years later (2017 (today)), I had my first baby, and to everyone’s surprise I have been able to fully breastfeed (without having to supplement ANY formula). Although it wasn’t easy, I truly believe it was because of Dr. Edelstein’s talented work that made this possible. This was later confirmed as everyone from Midwives, Lactation Consultants to OB’s were shocked at what my breasts could do after undergoing such a surgery only years prior. Each professional who saw me said “Whomever did your surgery did a fantastic job”. As I write this I am so incredibly emotional and thankful to Dr. Edelstein for his diligent, amazing work. I really hope he reads this -Thank you so much Dr. Edelstein!!!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I've contemplated breast augmentation for at least ten years, but was always afraid to actually book a consultation. After two children, and speaking with many of my friends that have had the surgery, I decided to book a consult with Dr. Edelstein. He came highly recommended by a friend of mine. I brought my husband along, who I should add, absolutely did not want me to have the surgery. When we walked out of there with all of our questions answered with such knowledge, he completely opened up to the idea. The staff is incredible, and Heather is absolutely amazing, especially since she was open in discussing her own experiences. She really helped my in choosing the best size for me, and really listened to my concerns. The day of my surgery, Dr. Edelstein was comforting and funny, cracking jokes and making me feel comfortable. The nurses were great as well. I'm extremely happy with my recovery and my breasts. I'm currently almost three months post-op and I couldn't be happier. I have a new appreciation for my body and so much more confidence. I definitely made the right decision to go with Dr. Edelstein!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Hi everyone... I had a Breast Augmentation procedure with Dr. Jerome Edelstein in Feb. 2017.. it's now been 7 months since the procedure and I couldn't be happier with my new breasts. I was very scared and hesitant in the beginning, therefore I searched in the internet and visited more than one doctor/clinic. I immediately felt more confident, comfortable and convinced after my first visit to Dr. Edelstein and I'm very glad I chose him to be my surgeon. Everything was excellent from A to Z, starting from the doctor himself, to the staff, to the appointments, to the procedure itself as a surgery, to the after care, to the follow up visits, everything. The staff are all nice and helpful. Heather, the Patient Care Manager at the Clinic is a sweetheart. She's very professional and knowledgeable. Dr. Edelstein and Heather explained everything to me and answered all of my questions. They helped me decide which size to go with and I'm glad I followed their advice. After the procedure, I did not have as much pain as I have expected (thanks to Dr. Edelstein's technique). It was more of the discomfort feeling of the swelling (naturally after the procedure) and the difficulty in the sleeping position at night. For me, the most difficult part was the first three weeks right after the procedure (especially the first two weeks). After that, it gets better and better every week. Ladies.. don't get scared if you will find your breasts too big and swollen and high up to your chin almost, this is natural as it will take few months until the breasts settle and drop down. My biggest concern was that my new breasts would not look or feel natural. However, and now after few months, the transformation of my breasts looks beautifully successful. They look and feel very natural as I wished. I couldn't be happier with my new breasts. I'm so happy and relieved that I chose Dr. Edelstein for my procedure. Good luck to you all

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Words alone can't express what I feel regarding my breast surgery with Dr. Edelstein. I have been thinking about this for the last 20 years and been searching and interviewing many dr's over the years but never felt comfortable with anyone until now. From my first visit - right thru my last 6 months final visit , it has been an amazing journey. I was very nervous the day of the surgery, but the moment he came into the room, I was calm and very excited to see what I would look like in a few hours. Dr. Edelstein made you feel confident in who you are and takes every measure to ensure you feel comfortable and know exactly what is going to happen. His staff is top notch - from the receptionist who greets you, to your one/one with Alex , to speak to Louse on payment - the entire experience was one I shall never forget and only recommend 100% to anyone wishing you get breast augmentation done. ...when your husband tells you - they look and feel so natural , it makes you feel like a nature woman!!! THANK YOU!!!! SM

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Words can never say enough about Dr. Edelstein. Been searching for the right Dr and when I met Dr. Edelstein I knew he was the right one. Its been 6 months and I feel amazing, my husband loves this new me - the look and feel so natural. You would never be able to know if they weren't mine. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!! SM

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Dr. Jerome Edelstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Head of the Division of Plastic Surgery, Humber River Hospital Member, Canadian Society of Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgery Member, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Member, Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons Member, International Society of Plastic Surgeons Fellow in Plastic Surgery, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Quality Assurance Committee Member, Medico-legal Expert Opinions, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario Member, Canadian and Ontario Medical Associations

• English

• University of Toronto

• Breast augmentation
  • Tummy tuck
  • Liposuction
  • Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men)

• Physician Recognition Award from the American Medical Association
  • Cody Silver Medal for finishing 2'nd overall in the medical program, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
  • Dean's Honour List, Graduation with Honours, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
  • Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery from the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
  • Certificate of Recognition from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons